Crunch day in football:

Dundee United could get relegated today and by all of teams, it could be Dundee that sends them down!

Hopefully not, relegated by FC Diddy and its my birthday today. FUCK OFF THE WEE TEAM

200.gif

• Like 1

They don't even own there own stadium. An ex United board member bought that from them sothey could raise some cash

Crunch day in football:

Dundee United could get relegated today and by all of teams, it could be Dundee that sends them down!

Hopefully not, relegated by FC Diddy and its my birthday today. FUCK OFF THE WEE TEAM

200.gif

cheers

• Like 1

I've never understood why Dundee needs two teams literally across the road from each other.

In other news, I'm in the bizarre position where I need to support Chelsea tonight as that leaves Tottenham with slightly less to play for when we meet.

• Like 1

Crunch day in football:

Thinking the unthinkable here but...

In the hypothetical situation that both Dundee teams pool their collective resources in the manner of the two main Inverness teams some years back...would hte resulting super-club be a rival to Celtic?

When Dundee had no money and went into administration (one of many occasions) the then United chairman HRH Eddie Thomson and his wee dick of a son. considered buying Dundee. Both sets of fans didnt want that.

United fans didn't see any assests to sell as anything worth any money had already been sold. And still United fans still don't want any association with them across the road as it has never been a club run very well. Dundee fans didnt want tolose there team.

Just for the laugh mind, what if United had bought Dundee and then used the ground across the road as a combined car park and toilet facilities for the bigger club?

• Like 3

Crunch day in football:

Thinking the unthinkable here but...

In the hypothetical situation that both Dundee teams pool their collective resources in the manner of the two main Inverness teams some years back...would hte resulting super-club be a rival to Celtic?

When Dundee had no money and went into administration (one of many occasions) the then United chairman HRH Eddie Thomson and his wee dick of a son. considered buying Dundee. Both sets of fans didnt want that.

United fans didn't see any assests to sell as anything worth any money had already been sold. And still United fans still don't want any association with them across the road as it has never been a club run very well. Dundee fans didnt want tolose there team.

Just for the laugh mind, what if United had bought Dundee and then used the ground across the road as a combined car park and toilet facilities for the bigger club?

John Bennet was on the United board at that time and owned Dens already, so we could of done that without buying Dundee :-)

Dundee 2 vs Dundee United 1

The most memorable night up there since the Tay Bridge came down, then

5 mins + stoppage time to the title for Leicester - squeaky bum time.

6 minutes of stoppage time.

It's over, rather like I predicted I seem to recall.

Anyone got a famous book maker in a dead pool?

• Like 2

William Hill,Paddy Power, Joe Coral.. your boys took one hell of a beating.
  • Like 3

William Hill,Paddy Power, Joe Coral.. your boys took one hell of a beating.
I know two people called William Hill. What are the odds?
  • Like 2

It's over, rather like I predicted I seem to recall.

All joking aside, well done Leicester.

• Like 1

Thank fuck for that. Just about keeps our hopes of PL football alive for next year.

Well done Leicester.

• Like 1

Who's this Lester dude and why is he a champ?

Well done Leicester. Delighted for my home city... :clap:

• Like 1

Delighted as a supporter of an "ordinary" team.

PR release I saw said only two 1,000/1+ singles have ever come in as a bet in history before this Leicester thing (some guy in the 60s got a 1,000/1 on man walking on the moon before 1970 and a 2,500/1 "my son will play international football" bet for some guy). Can this be true?

Spade:

Last three NEW top tier champions:

1972: Derby County
1978: Nottingham Forest

2016: Leicester City

????: Northampton Town?

PR release I saw said only two 1,000/1+ singles have ever come in as a bet in history before this Leicester thing (some guy in the 60s got a 1,000/1 on man walking on the moon before 1970 and a 2,500/1 "my son will play international football" bet for some guy). Can this be true?

Daft bookie. Glasgow bookies were on average offering 150/1 on that. I know because the late Archie Roy won a sizeable sum doing just that and it allowed him to buy a house.

Daft bookie. Glasgow bookies were on average offering 150/1 on that. I know because the late Archie Roy won a sizeable sum doing just that and it allowed him to buy a house.

It was William Hill, of all people. Further Googling suggests they may have deliberately offered the ridiculous odds for publicity, despite the payout they ended up making. The David Threlfall in question is, to the best of my knowledge, not the guy from Shameless.

Spade:

Last three NEW top tier champions:

1972: Derby County

1978: Nottingham Forest

2016: Leicester City

????: Northampton Town?

It's pretty much inevitable at this point, huh? Adam Smith has been denied his PL medal just because he took part in a racist orgy so we'll have to win it for him.

Apart from better sanitation, medicine, education, irrigation, public health, roads, a freshwater system, baths, and public order... what have the Romans done for us?

• Like 2