VSBfromH

Disc Jockeys

1 minute ago, Grande Pablo said:

Rumours of Janice Long’s demise on Twitter.

Cheggers' sister, also famous for failing miserably as we all did on Ted Rogers' 3-2-1.

Presented Top Of The Pops innumerably.

If this is true, shock Christmas death. 

4 minutes ago, Grande Pablo said:

Rumours of Janice Long’s demise on Twitter.

Sad news. 

I wonder if she was on anyone’s shortlists being that a Google search says she was in hospital in June.

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Cheggers' sister

:blink: I never knew she was Keith Chegwin's sister :wacko:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Sad news. 

I wonder if she was on anyone’s shortlists being that a Google search says she was in hospital in June.

On someone's shortlist - ELEVEN YEARS AGO!

Picked for the DDP in 2010, so if true, List of the Missed: http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2010/celebs_L.html#longj

2 hours ago, Deathtreat23 said:

Interestingly none of the official sources are reporting this yet so take with pinch of salt for now.

Trusted reliable sources in Liverpool  are indicating this is true to me sadly although  obviously  I don't  expect that to be accepted  as formal confirmation on here which will be forthcoming  fairly  soon  anyway. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Trusted reliable sources in Liverpool  are indicating this is true to me sadly although  obviously  I don't  expect that to be accepted  as formal confirmation on here which will be forthcoming  fairly  soon  anyway. 

I think you're probably right given some of the music folk tweeting it before I went to bed. Time will tell rather rapidly though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

I think you're probably right given some of the music folk tweeting it before I went to bed. Time will tell rather rapidly though.

My source was discussing Janice Longs passing on their private  Facebook  account.  They are known for being a big fan of and involved in the local music and radio  scene in the north weamst. They are always posting  especially pre covid about music events  both large and smthat They attend  and without  giving away  too much had a few boozy  social drinks with some of the people on this  scene. If a band member or journalist/reporter has confirmed this too them , knowing this person as I do I would put my faith in what they say they have been told. Other people on the account  asked them if  it was true because  they knew they would be in the know or in the loop.

I think the delay in confirmation really is just about it being  Christmas  week.

Edited  to include this below posts for fuller information.  Don't want to be disingenuous and delete above and make it look like I didn't  repeat the mistaken information  when I did but it looks like a major case of fake news. 

Janice’s son and daughter seem to be having a pretty standard Christmas by the look of their Instagrams. Janice wasn’t visible in any of the photos/videos but it really didn’t look like a family who had just lost their mother - all jokes and smiles. May well be putting on a brave face but I don’t see why they’d bother - surely you just wouldn’t post?  

This is all getting very weird.

Janice hasn’t tweeted since October. Her last interaction was liking a Marie Curie cancer post about dying. I also note she has been absent from her radio programme as they’re using a “stand in” atm, who is due to fill in for her over the coming weeks as well. All of this would suggest that even if she hasn’t died, she’s sick.

There are quite a few accounts on Twitter and Facebook who are claiming she’s still alive, one going as far as saying she will enjoy reading all the tributes to her.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Janice hasn’t tweeted since October. Her last interaction was liking a Marie Curie cancer post about dying. I also note she has been absent from her radio programme as they’re using a “stand in” atm, who is due to fill in for her over the coming weeks as well. All of this would suggest that even if she hasn’t died, she’s sick.

There are quite a few accounts on Twitter and Facebook who are claiming she’s still alive, one going away far as saying she will enjoy reading all the tributes to her.

https://twitter.com/empiresend?t=a142u4AMBQdoyX2JlnIrtA&s=09

I can confirm that  my friends key  source is this guy from the Liverpool  music scene  Ian McNabb.  He is discussing the issue openly on social  media so I am not breaking any confidences  and he is now casting doubt  on the news  after initially  sharing it

and says he has texted Janice Long  and will report  back and has deleted his initial  tweet until its confirmed  either way. 

He seems to be many peoples initial source and he has told people away from social media  also so will cause quite a bit of a stir if it turns out  not to be true.

It was known she was quite ill so if its not true I suspect  its on the cards within months but if Janice is still with us she may quite likely  take it with humour rather than insult!

Janice Long on her daughters Instagram  story tonight.  Looks like a major cock up and false alarm. 

Seems Mr McNabb  who was in a position to know  as he has Janice's mobile number  so was in a position to verify  and thus treated as credible , repeated  to a quite a few people what he'd read somewhere  without  verifying himself  and it was taken as reliable and spread out from there.

Crazy  daft situation  but arguably  Janice might find it funny!

Perhaps  Mr McNabb had a bit too much Christmas  sherry and wasn't  as careful  as usual. Probably  best put it down to that!

58 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:
------snip

Crazy  daft situation  but arguably  Janice might find it funny!

Perhaps  Mr McNabb had a bit too much Christmas  sherry and wasn't  as careful  as usual. Probably  best put it down to that!

Seems the only notable death this Christmas was one that didn't happen!

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, MortalCaso said:

Seems the only notable death this Christmas was one that didn't happen!

Ray Illingworth?

• Like 1

Weirder and weirder, Ian McNabb saying she is dead as of 20 minutes ago.

Edit: He’s now deleted it, but I think killing her off twice is a bit excessive.

17 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Weirder and weirder, Ian McNabb saying she is dead as of 20 minutes ago.

He’s deleted the tweet.

Just 10hrs ago, he was tweeting forum favourite and expert sob merchant Cecilia that it was a hoax.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TQR said:

He’s deleted the tweet.

Just 10hrs ago, he was tweeting forum favourite and expert sob merchant Cecilia that it was a hoax.

Guess it was a long shot that she really was dead - will add her back to the long list….

Blimey. Shame.

You watch, in a couple of hours the BBC will retract and correct, a la Brian Matthew.

10 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

There are quite a few accounts on Twitter and Facebook who are claiming she’s still alive, one going away far as saying she will enjoy reading all the tributes to her.

It was likely cancer from the clues there. @The Old Crem

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

It says short illness rather than sudden so I am not sure where the Instagram footage from yesterday came from. 

There was no Instagram footage of her. I said both her children’s instagrams didn’t feature anything of her. I don’t think that is her in the picture, although if it is that’s not to say it was taken yesterday.