Death Watch Beatle

Steven Tyler

Hm, he's 69 at the moment, and his family are showing some concern. I don't think he'll be here in a few years tbh, he's not the guy you'd expect to make old bones. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2006 at 20:19, Death Watch Beatle said:

Found this article relating to his Hepatitis C diagnosis.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headli...nt/4216087.html

He says he is clear of it now, but it is still worth reporting me thinks.

A few years ago there was some discussion on the different strains of Hep, and which one is likely to see you off. Can't find the thread now, and can't remember which Hep is worse either.

DWB :sick:

Hep E is also a bad one. There are at least 5 types now. This guy looks Worse and Worse. Maybe a good choice soon for the Death List?

7 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Aerosmith's Stephen Tyler is unwell and suffering from a "mystery illness", 74 years old now:

https://pagesix.com/2022/12/03/aerosmith-cancels-concert-as-steven-tyler-is-unwell/

He don't wanna close his eyes.. 

7 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Dude (got his own thread)

6 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Oops, it's a "v", not a "ph".

If this was a hint to me for my TOTP theme team (which is wasn't) no Aerosmith in the UK Top 30 singles in 1987. ;)

Not even in the backing group for Ferry Aid (I mean, Su Pollard and Ruth Madoc made it in there...). :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

If this was a hint to me for my TOTP theme team (which is wasn't) no Aerosmith in the UK Top 30 singles in 1987. ;)

Not even in the backing group for Ferry Aid (I mean, Su Pollard and Ruth Madoc made it in there...). :lol:

Now THAT'D be a poll, Ruth, Su and Steven - I think he'll go first!

• Haha 1

On 06/12/2022 at 03:07, YoungWillz said:

Did you just kill her? Hmmm...

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Did you just kill her? Hmmm...

It's well known that certain names get posted on here just before they die.

There's a lotta shite names on that Ferry Aid single. So I'll throw out Linda Lusardi and see if she lives to 2023! :P

• Haha 1

He's apparently very jarring to encounter in person. People I know who have ran into him over the past 20 years at pharmacies, restaurants, etc. described him as "first I thought it was a crackhead lady, but then I realized it was Steven Tyler." Lots of pharmacy sightings.

1 minute ago, lilham said:

He's apparently very jarring to encounter in person. People I know who have ran into him over the past 20 years at pharmacies, restaurants, etc. described him as "first I thought it was a crackhead lady, but then I realized it was Steven Tyler." Lots of pharmacy sightings.

Are you saying “Dude looks like a lady”? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

On 06/12/2022 at 09:22, maryportfuncity said:

Now THAT'D be a poll, Ruth, Su and Steven - I think he'll go first!

That made me think of

methode%252Ftimes%252Fprod%252Fweb%252Fb

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good to see him branch out into the world of hit BBC reality competitions: 

image.png.d6726665a3fcf1bbdf34e42a3914abb4.png

11 hours ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

Can we call it what it is? An opportunistic woman who is desperate for money.

"A woman who says she had a sexual relationship with Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler when she was 16 is suing him in California, under a state law that has temporarily extended the statute of limitations for adults to take legal action on sexual abuse they suffered as children."

I don't care what the law said at the time. A 16 year old is not a child, and is fully capable of understanding what they're doing.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

"A woman who says she had a sexual relationship with Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler when she was 16 is suing him in California, under a state law that has temporarily extended the statute of limitations for adults to take legal action on sexual abuse they suffered as children."

I don't care what the law said at the time. A 16 year old is not a child, and is fully capable of understanding what they're doing.

Spotted the nonce. 

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, FinalChapter said:

Spotted the nonce. 

And yet, if a 16 year old gang member broke into your house, and put a bullet through the head of one of your family members, you'd expect them to be tried in court as an adult! 

Society cannot have it both ways. Either a 16 year old is capable and knows what they're doing, or they're completely negligent of responsibility.

The woman was not a "child", and yes she's an opportunist who's spotted a pay day.

EDIT: I see you're a Yank also. Might interest you to know that the age of consent in the UK is 16 (a nation of nonces I guess). Not sure what it is in California now or in whatever state you're from.

• Like 5

Agree with Ulitzer, and I've said as much before.  When I was that age (and younger), half the girls in my class at school were at it like rabbits.   Nobody was being coerced or abused, it was just natural desires.  I'm continually shocked by how puritanical the young of today are compared with my generation. :blink:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

And yet, if a 16 year old gang member broke into your house, and put a bullet through the head of one of your family members, you'd expect them to be tried in court as an adult! 

Society cannot have it both ways. Either a 16 year old is capable and knows what they're doing, or they're completely negligent of responsibility.

The woman was not a "child", and yes she's an opportunist who's spotted a pay day.

EDIT: I see you're a Yank also. Might interest you to know that the age of consent in the UK is 16 (a nation of nonces I guess). Not sure what it is in California now or in whatever state you're from.

The age of consent in California, where I live, is 18, as it is in most U.S. states, though there are certainly some exceptions.  I am not making any comments as to the validity of this woman's accusations or if she's just fabricating the whole thing.  I have no idea.  However, if the age of consent is 18, legally, a person under the age of 18 cannot give consent because they are deemed to be a minor child.  Saying "well, it's legal elsewhere" is not really a valid argument.  Ask Brittney Griner about that.  

Anyway, it's one thing if two 16-year-olds are banging each other.  It's another matter entirely if a much older person is involved sexually with someone underage.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

You said it, not me. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Hmm, so looking at that with the details of her family background, Tyler being both legal guardian and father of a child she lost, his own autobiography detailing some of the story, the story itself following a pattern a good lawyer could argue is coervice control...

My best guess - she walks away with a fair chunk of his substantial earnings much in the way Virginia Guiffre pocketed a few million from the Royal Family. 

10 hours ago, Toast said:

Agree with Ulitzer, and I've said as much before.  When I was that age (and younger), half the girls in my class at school were at it like rabbits.   Nobody was being coerced or abused, it was just natural desires.  I'm continually shocked by how puritanical the young of today are compared with my generation. :blink:

How many of those girls were at it with guys 10 years older, who became their legal guardian in order to move them around the country without fear of prosecution? Not the same thing. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, time said:

How many of those girls were at it with guys 10 years older, who became their legal guardian in order to move them around the country without fear of prosecution? Not the same thing. 

I was speaking generally rather than focusing on one particular case. And yes, mostly the boyfriends were older as boys our own age tended to be immature.  Girls on the whole grow up sooner than boys, although there are always exceptions.

• Like 2