honez

Jimmy Savile

Surely not Bruce Dickinson...he does fly his own plane, come to think of it so has he got his own stewardesses and trolley dollies

stewardesses and trolley dollies are the same thing. They're also known as a "tart with a cart"

How can a beloved pop star go on a Summer Holiday with a Living Doll, Travelling Light and Moving It? I suppose that Congratulations could be in order for the Young Ones.

i would hazard a guess that JP could be a man with a squeaky voice............only other JP could be Jimmy Page..

BD, I am struggling with, and agree that Blowing in the Wind might be a clue

Bob Dylan is not a pedophile, BD is possibly not defined as a pop star depending on your opinion of his music.

LOL. Your clues are leaving me more confused than ever! :P

Article goes into the whole culture surrounding these djs back in the 1970s:

http://www.dailymail...E-involved.html

I am starting to wonder if/when similar scandals will start breaking here in Australia. Our radio/television culture was probably just as permissive/debauched back then. I remember Skyhooks guitarist Red Symons allegedly once made a joke about having "had" school girls during his time in the band. He made the sleazy joke on This is Your Life or some such show... :(

In other news, I just stumbled across this story about Red Symons from the end of last year:

A Melbourne waxing salon owner is demanding an apology from ABC breakfast radio host Red Symons after she said he humiliated and mocked her staff and clients.

The owner of Brazilica in Smith Street, Collingwood, said the former Skyhooks lead guitarist stopped as he was walking down the bustling street just after 6.30pm on Wednesday and began firing inappropriate questions at the women working and waiting at the salon.

Georgia, who did not want her surname published, said Symons asked about what kinds of treatments they had done, how they dealt with giving men Brazilian waxes, and if any of them had "landing strips" left by waxes.

She said her staff had been shocked and did not know how to handle the situation until a client emerged from one of the rooms and asked Symons to leave because he was making everyone uncomfortable.

"The staff felt really angry afterwards because they didn't know what they should say. They've been trained to be nice to everyone," she said. "One of them thought maybe he had a hidden camera and she didn't want to be part of a set-up joke if she responded."

Georgia said one client receiving an eyebrow treatment had cut short her visit.

Georgia said she enjoyed working on the colourful shopping and entertainment strip but felt Symons behaviour had gone too far. "Why does a 50-year-plus man in a respected media job think he can come and pick on young girls and make sexist comments?" she asked.

"Why does he feel it's OK to humiliate and embarrass young girls in their workplace and heckle female clients about their choice of grooming?"

She said a client told the staff that Symons had been walking down the street taking chips from dining plates being delivered by waiters. She hoped he had been intoxicated and his judgment impaired.

Symons told Fairfax Media that if the owner wanted an apology he would speak to her about it, not to the media. Asked whether he had visited the salon he said he would "let her tell her story" and did not wish to discuss it.

Georgia said she did not feel it was much of a response. "It's the least he can do. I don't know why he can't publicly apologise if he can publicly humiliate them," she said.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/beauty/waxing-salon-demands-apology-from-red-symons-20131219-2zne9.html

I just saw this about an alleged Westminster paedo ring on the BBC headlines this morning:

"Simon Danczuk said that a dossier of allegations about paedophiles was presented to Leon Brittan when he was home secretary between 1983 and 1985... He said that politics was "the last refuge of child sex abuse deniers" and there was a view among many politicians that alleged offenders should not be named."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-28113517

Before any libel suites from mega-rich musicians come my way, I just think the guys in question are a bit dodgy nothing more. I don't think they've done anything criminal, just normal band and fan interaction, and I am not privy to any industry insider information so take my posts with a fat american in McDonalds' dose of salt..

• Like 1

Surely not Bruce Dickinson...he does fly his own plane, come to think of it so has he got his own stewardesses and trolley dollies

stewardesses and trolley dollies are the same thing. They're also known as a "tart with a cart"

and "wagon dragons".
  • Like 1

Well, I didn't know about this old news story (from 1999) until just now. The story must have gone quiet fairly quickly:

THE GAY rights group Stonewall has apologised after Sir Elton John caused outrage by performing a dance act with male teenage strippers dressed as boy scouts at a benefit concert.

The Scout Association described the show as "deplorable and in bad taste" and is asking Sir Elton for a formal apology and a charitable donation by way of redress.

Sir Elton, 52, introduced the dancers, who peeled off their uniforms and caps to the tune of "It's A Sin" by the Pet Shop Boys. The 18- and 19-year-old dancers knelt on the floor, grabbed their groins, and stripped down to skimpy shorts...

Source: http://www.independe...rs-1124299.html

The dancers were above the age of consent but still...

:puke: :puke: :puke:

• Like 1

Well, I didn't know about this old news story (from 1999) until just now. The story must have gone quiet fairly quickly:

THE GAY rights group Stonewall has apologised after Sir Elton John caused outrage by performing a dance act with male teenage strippers dressed as boy scouts at a benefit concert.

The Scout Association described the show as "deplorable and in bad taste" and is asking Sir Elton for a formal apology and a charitable donation by way of redress.

Sir Elton, 52, introduced the dancers, who peeled off their uniforms and caps to the tune of "It's A Sin" by the Pet Shop Boys. The 18- and 19-year-old dancers knelt on the floor, grabbed their groins, and stripped down to skimpy shorts...

Source: http://www.independe...rs-1124299.html

The dancers were above the age of consent but still...

:puke: :puke: :puke:

The phrase "ging gang goolies" springs to mind...

• Like 1

Article goes into the whole culture surrounding these djs back in the 1970s:

http://www.dailymail...E-involved.html

I am starting to wonder if/when similar scandals will start breaking here in Australia. Our radio/television culture was probably just as permissive/debauched back then. I remember Skyhooks guitarist Red Symons allegedly once made a joke about having "had" school girls during his time in the band. He made the sleazy joke on This is Your Life or some such show... :(

In other news, I just stumbled across this story about Red Symons from the end of last year:

A Melbourne waxing salon owner is demanding an apology from ABC breakfast radio host Red Symons after she said he humiliated and mocked her staff and clients.

The owner of Brazilica in Smith Street, Collingwood, said the former Skyhooks lead guitarist stopped as he was walking down the bustling street just after 6.30pm on Wednesday and began firing inappropriate questions at the women working and waiting at the salon.

Georgia, who did not want her surname published, said Symons asked about what kinds of treatments they had done, how they dealt with giving men Brazilian waxes, and if any of them had "landing strips" left by waxes.

She said her staff had been shocked and did not know how to handle the situation until a client emerged from one of the rooms and asked Symons to leave because he was making everyone uncomfortable.

"The staff felt really angry afterwards because they didn't know what they should say. They've been trained to be nice to everyone," she said. "One of them thought maybe he had a hidden camera and she didn't want to be part of a set-up joke if she responded."

Georgia said one client receiving an eyebrow treatment had cut short her visit.

Georgia said she enjoyed working on the colourful shopping and entertainment strip but felt Symons behaviour had gone too far. "Why does a 50-year-plus man in a respected media job think he can come and pick on young girls and make sexist comments?" she asked.

"Why does he feel it's OK to humiliate and embarrass young girls in their workplace and heckle female clients about their choice of grooming?"

She said a client told the staff that Symons had been walking down the street taking chips from dining plates being delivered by waiters. She hoped he had been intoxicated and his judgment impaired.

Symons told Fairfax Media that if the owner wanted an apology he would speak to her about it, not to the media. Asked whether he had visited the salon he said he would "let her tell her story" and did not wish to discuss it.

Georgia said she did not feel it was much of a response. "It's the least he can do. I don't know why he can't publicly apologise if he can publicly humiliate them," she said.

http://www.smh.com.a...1219-2zne9.html

Interesting quote from Red here from just a few days ago:

“When you're in a band and playing an instrument, people don’t have the slightest idea what you’re thinking. When you're on television, particularly on something like Red Faces, you pursue a very specific aspect of your personality because that’s the gag. Radio feels to me like it opens everything up. You can’t be on the air for 10 years thinking out loud without pretty much completely revealing yourself.”

Source: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/red-symons--a-man-of-many-guises-20140701-zsqr0.html

Fair point and, aside from the bizarre incident above, as far as I know, there hasn't been any scandal involving Red during his time on breakfast radio so maybe he really is squeaky-clean. :unsure:

Wish I could find that television show somewhere where he made the remark about the schoolgirl groupies though, just to double-check what he really did say all those years ago.

With the case against Rolf being upheld, police will probably be more confident to proceed with charges against that "beloved pop star" now. Every cloud...

Lets hope so , i think that certain popstar is prolific as Savile was.

TBH I don't, I think Savile was a reptile so low the only thing that turned him on was breaking a taboo. The "beloved popstar" is more plain in denial. I doubt he has rings made from the glass eyes of the dead etc. Or that he did his dead dutchess when she finally popped her (very ancient) clogs.

"Duchess"? :o I do hope you don't mean one of The Stranglers, cos I'm going to see them next week ;)

Apparently "Duchess" was what Savile called his mum.

I know. I was joking.

Sorry, DJL, I had forgotten you were an Aussie so perhaps I should have explained that "Duchess" is a song by The Stranglers.

• Like 1

I'm surprised nothing further came of this claim in 2012 by Eric Bristow about Rod Hull

'Rod Hull Used Emu Puppet To Molest Fans,' Claims 'I'm A Celebrity' Contestant Eric Bristow

I reckon Emu will have gone to ground with all this going on. I mean, has anyone seen him recently?

I reckon Emu will have gone to ground with all this going on. I mean, has anyone seen him recently?

last seen with Toby Hull

With the case against Rolf being upheld, police will probably be more confident to proceed with charges against that "beloved pop star" now. Every cloud...

TBH I don't, I think Savile was a reptile so low the only thing that turned him on was breaking a taboo. The "beloved popstar" is more plain in denial. I doubt he has rings made from the glass eyes of the dead etc. Or that he did his dead dutchess when she finally popped her (very ancient) clogs.

"Duchess"? :o I do hope you don't mean one of The Stranglers, cos I'm going to see them next week ;)

I know. I was joking.

Sorry, DJL, I had forgotten you were an Aussie so perhaps I should have explained that "Duchess" is a song by The Stranglers.

That's cool. I have to admit I don't know all that much about the Stranglers - they are probably best known down here for doing Keith Floyd's theme! :P

I know. I was joking.

That's cool. I have to admit I don't know all that much about the Stranglers - they are probably best known down here for doing Keith Floyd's theme! :P

The tune is called 'themeninblack'... :)

Er......... I thought it was Peaches.

Or is that just Floyd on Fish?

(p.s. I should add, far be it from me to question you on anything vaguely 70s or 80s and/or "alternative" etc....... was just curious that's all)

(also, since he's being discussed at the moment.... does anyone think he and Rupert Murdoch might have been separated at birth?)

keith_floyd_1x1.jpgRupert-Murdoch-reading-th-001.jpg

Its Waltzinblack.

• Like 1

Its Waltzinblack.

Of course it is! Memory like a sieve. The album has meninblack in the title doesn't it?

I know I should take anonymous internet comments with a huge grain of salt but note allegation by the person calling themselves "well well" at the bottom of this article: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-04/birmingham-how-money-and-fame-allow-creepy-men-to-flourish/5569688

PT? He seems to be the only one that fits.

If this allegation is true: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1266664/Mandy-Smith-I-DID-sleep-Bill-Wyman-I-14--man-life-God.html

and if those against JP and PT also have merit, the members of three of the biggest rock bands England ever produced have indulged in sexual activity with minors. If these historical claims are pursued and charges are ever laid against them, what do you think would be the impact on record sales for these bands and the impact on the UK music industry in general? Jimmy Saville's Top of the Pops reruns no longer air and Rolf'paintings are being removed from all over the place. Regardless of the right or wrong of this and ideas about separating the artist from their art, do you see a similar reaction against such bands - no longer recdiving airplay on the television or radio for instance and large dips in sales of recordings if individual group members aare ever charged?

If this allegation is true: http://www.dailymail...n-life-God.html

and if those against JP and PT also have merit, the members of three of the biggest rock bands England ever produced have indulged in sexual activity with minors. If these historical claims are pursued and charges are ever laid against them, what do you think would be the impact on record sales for these bands and the impact on the UK music industry in general? Jimmy Saville's Top of the Pops reruns no longer air and Rolf'paintings are being removed from all over the place. Regardless of the right or wrong of this and ideas about separating the artist from their art, do you see a similar reaction against such bands - no longer recdiving airplay on the television or radio for instance and large dips in sales of recordings if individual group members aare ever charged?

To be honest this whole cultural of destruction of art because it was produce by insincere individuals is annoying. What these guys have produced is outstanding and should be regarded as such, having said that as a former massive fan of Lostprophets who listened to their album Liberation Transmission at least one a fortnight, I've been unable to listen to it (and eventually chucked it away) because of Ian Watkins actions. So maybe it is truly impossible to seperate act from artists. The difference probably lies somewhere around the fact Bill Wyman had sex seemingly consensually on both ends with Mandy Smith - the fact she lives to think she wasn't ready is a life learning lesson rather than Bill's fault - whereas Ian Watkins and Rolf Harris were depraved predators of extremely young victims.

• Like 1

To be honest this whole cultural of destruction of art because it was produce by insincere individuals is annoying. What these guys have produced is outstanding and should be regarded as such, having said that as a former massive fan of Lostprophets who listened to their album Liberation Transmission at least one a fortnight, I've been unable to listen to it (and eventually chucked it away) because of Ian Watkins actions. So maybe it is truly impossible to seperate act from artists. The difference probably lies somewhere around the fact Bill Wyman had sex seemingly consensually on both ends with Mandy Smith - the fact she lives to think she wasn't ready is a life learning lesson rather than Bill's fault - whereas Ian Watkins and Rolf Harris were depraved predators of extremely young victims.

By contrast - friend of a friend stuff etc. etc. - I heard a rumour about another major entertainment figure, still breathing but conspiciously old, probably notorious for the lack of emotional content or much in the way of musical merit in his work being next on the "shit list."

By contrast - friend of a friend stuff etc. etc. - I heard a rumour about another major entertainment figure, still breathing but conspiciously old, probably notorious for the lack of emotional content or much in the way of musical merit in his work being next on the "shit list."

I need more clues Mary!!!!!

• Like 1

So one of the inquires is going to be conducted by NSPCC. Those of you who know the truth about the NSPCC and ester rancid will clearly see the cover up is underway already .