Guest Chewie

Michael Foot

Ultimately Iain has 10 days to practice his spells and pin - poke\wrestle his vodoo doll. Should this unpopular politician live beyond July 23 2006 Iain will be dismissed from Deathlist forever. It may have been a year ago when others had bets that he would croak around the time of his birthday, but only because Ted Heath and Gretchen Franklin did just that, and were an influence that proved to be a failure. The question remains, will Windsor live in peace with the departure of Iain? Or will Iain himself once again draw the card of luck. Just as my own opinion - Iain is done for.

Iain will be dismissed from Deathlist forever.

I think that is very harsh . You are joking, I presume.

Iain will be dismissed from Deathlist forever.

I think that is very harsh . You are joking, I presume.

No. He dismissed himself (if his prediction fails ofcourse).

Knowing my luck he probably had his fingers crossed when he did his deal...

The site above has a link to some of his best known quotes include him stating Tim Henman was a near certainty for Wimbledon Champion in 2003.

I think Iain should be more sympathetic to the man, they obviously share a talent for prediction.

Guest iain

the hot weather due in the south of England in coming days (I assume Foot is there) will probably kill him.Monday is th e hottest day,so look out on monday or tuesday for the news of Michael Foots death on the news channels.I will certainly be looking very expectantly.

PS im not committing myself to his death on monday or tuesday-it could come later in the week

... it could come later in the week

Much like your (hopefully permanent) departure from the DL forum, iain.

Maybe if Michael Foot is left outside in the heat 24 hours a day with no food or drink...yeah, he just might die. Heat on its own isn't going to determine death. Look at Gerald Ford...he's lived for years in Arizona where the temperature hits 110 in the summer. If he dies soon, it's not going to be due to heat stroke.

Question for anyone in the London area...do people there have air conditioning in their homes?

Guest iain
Maybe if Michael Foot is left outside in the heat 24 hours a day with no food or drink...yeah, he just might die. Heat on its own isn't going to determine death. Look at Gerald Ford...he's lived for years in Arizona where the temperature hits 110 in the summer. If he dies soon, it's not going to be due to heat stroke.

Question for anyone in the London area...do people there have air conditioning in their homes?

air conditioning does not remove humidity which causes heart attacks and strokes in elderly people

air conditioning does not remove humidity which causes heart attacks and strokes in elderly people

What about those things that purifies the air?

My old art teacher had one of them.

Should this unpopular politician live beyond July 23 2006 Iain will be dismissed from Deathlist forever.

Interesting point this Banshees. I suppose he was unpopular in so much as he didn't get many votes as leader of the Labour Party, but that would make Mrs Thatcher and Mr Blair popular politicians. In fact the most popular in modern British history. (Perhaps they are).

The old, McDonald's, Michael Bolton, Sun newspaper are popular so they are good argument.

He wasn't very photogenic and clung to some 'old fashioned ideas' about our shared humanity across races, religions and social classes, but I think the world will be a worse place without him. I can't say the same for McDonald's, Michael Bolton or the Sun newspaper. <_<

He still appears to have a passion for life and at his age, with a bit of help from genetics, lady luck and lifestyle, should be enough to see him through into the new year at the very least.

(Windsor, if he was a very, very old art teacher perhaps we should all get one of those machines.)

(Windsor, if he was a very, very old art teacher perhaps we should all get one of those machines.)

Oh no, she wasn't old. I should have said former.

She got carted off to a nut house after her husband was sacked for cheating in exams (he was an art teacher as well). Those were the days...

Clocks still ticking on Iain I see.

Footy needs to make it to the predicted heavy rains and cooling weather of late Thursday in the West Country to give him a near perfect chance of surviving that 10 days.

Personally speaking, I'm planning to stop posting here if Ronald Biggs celebrates his 100th birthday.

Drum Roll, please......Some substantiated Michael Foot Health News!!!! From a search of Google Blogs:

Recently I was dining with friends at The Gay Hussar. Michael Foot arrived in a group of four and sat on the banquette directly next to me.

He was clearly in failing health, and by the way he had to grope for his wine and feel his way around the plate, I guess his eyesight had completely failed him.

However, in the few exchanged pleasantries between restaurant neighbours, I found him to be charming, erudite and totally unassuming.

(Posted July 2006)

Cheers Octi

The witness didn't say anything about him dropping dead in the next few days then?

OoO,

If Mr Foot had problems locating the wine on the table, is it possible he may have had one too many already when the witness saw him?

OoO,

If Mr Foot had problems locating the wine on the table, is it possible he may have had one too many already when the witness saw him?

:lol:

If the witness saw the way I grope for my alcohol, I think he would change his mind about Mr. Foot's eyesight.

Although I did read Foot is now near blind in one eye and poor eyesight in the other. But, then, so was Sir John Mills, and he was, what 97 when he died?

MPFC, no. In fact, the same witness has already sent early birthday wishes to him, such is his confidence of making it.

Considering that that last sentence for a second we'd better ask another question:

Will Iain really leave us?

Considering that that last sentence for a second we'd better ask another question:

Will Iain really leave us?

Maybe if someone sends early goodbye wishes to him? :lol:

Guest iain

I will probably give up on deathlist till someone else really famous on the list dies or until Footy finally does snuff it.I have still n ot given up on getting news by saturday though.I will be accused of backing off my prediction but I assure you that is n ot yet the case

I will probably give up on deathlist till someone else really famous on the list dies or until Footy finally does snuff it.I have still n ot given up on getting news by saturday though.I will be accused of backing off my prediction but I assure you that is n ot yet the case

But Iain who would precis the obits for us?

Iain

You could stick around and - like - chill out a bit. On my year and a half of posting I've observed that them comin' in all guns blazing and certain of predicting death find it a lonely place after a few weeks whilst those of us treating the whole caper as some of the best sick laughs available to mankind simply grow stronger. TBH I wouldn't bet on whether you're a Bennett Cerf or an Octi. I would bet you'd miss us.

Guest iain

an assosciate of Michael Foots, the left wing politician Ted Grant has died ,days after his 93rd birthday.