Guest Chewie

Michael Foot

Indeed, stayin' power to be respected but I get the feeling the survivors on the DL are ganging up on us!

More evidence for NOT including Michael Foot in your lists:- he's still going to football games!

He also reveals he no longer drinks & "refuses to conk out" until Pymouth are in the top-flight! :pop: Having said that, they're doing quite well this year...

Interview with Michael Foot about Plymouth Argyle

Hopefully, now all the Iain hysteria over this man has gone, we can have a better debate about this man's health & future DL candiate ranking.

As far as I can see, he's frailer, and certainly is blinder than before, but otherwise seems to be doing well for his age. As such, I don't think I'm going to consider him for DDP 2007.

More evidence for NOT including Michael Foot in your lists:- he's still going to football games!

He also reveals he no longer drinks & "refuses to conk out" until Pymouth are in the top-flight! :D Having said that, they're doing quite well this year...

Interview with Michael Foot about Plymouth Argyle

Hopefully, now all the Iain hysteria over this man has gone, we can have a better debate about this man's health & future DL candiate ranking.

As far as I can see, he's frailer, and certainly is blinder than before, but otherwise seems to be doing well for his age. As such, I don't think I'm going to consider him for DDP 2007.

In the battle of the aged former Labour Leaders of the House, I think Ted Short will go first... <_<

Does anybody recall comedian Dave Allen mentioning Michael many years ago on his comedy show ( Dave's, obviously, although Michael as a comedian would have been good too).

Allen had noticed that an anagram of the great man's name is ME CHATI FOOL.

How ironic that the seemingly spry Dave Allen has long-since cashed in his earthly chips, whereas Michael strides confidently on towards his century.

Does anybody know where Micheal Foot lives?

Micheal Foot? Nope, sorry.

Michael Foot? Ah! Now that's a different story.

And I know where you live Debra, and everyone else for that matter.

Unfortunately, I am bound by the laws of heaven to keep stum. :rolleyes:

Michael's Foot mark (sorry!) in history was the famous quote he dished out in Parliament during the Westland affair when Michael Heseltine resigned from the Thatcher government. In his resignation speech, Heseltine really dished out the dirt to the Thatcher government, but under pressure from the opposition Labour members, he tried to recover some dignity by criticising the then Labour leader, Neil Kinnock (hoping to win some applause from his embarassed Tory party members). At this point Michael Foot rose on the floor and said: "Heseltine's speech reminds me of what my once good friend Winston Churchill once said, that 'you can rat, but you can't re-rat". The entire parliament shook with laughter!

Oh' those were the days - the good old politicians

Does anybody know where Micheal Foot lives?

Micheal Foot? Nope, sorry.

Michael Foot? Ah! Now that's a different story.

And I know where you live Debra, and everyone else for that matter.

Unfortunately, I am bound by the laws of heaven to keep stum. :rolleyes:

Isn't that partly fermented grape juice?* Drop the word partly and having to keep stum doesn't seem so bad.

*according to a very quick google search that is, I won't try to pretend I knew that in advance what with your omniscience and all.

March seems like the month Michael the Tramp Foot will drop dead in. It seems most appealing, rather then other months. For some reason I can see him go in some unsual way just because he had that hair style for all those years. He looks like some mathematician who scribbles on the chalk board all day long. I say he falls down the stairs.

Banshees, in your line of thought - how does this:

He looks like some mathematician who scribbles on the chalk board all day long.

Lead to this:

I say he falls down the stairs.

Do you keep chalkboards by the stairs in your house?

Things lead to other things, and transform into other things, and multiply into other things, and divide back into other things, and the old things become new things and that's how things usually go.

Recently I had a vivid dream, that I was sitting in a chair being talked about by critics and many spokes people. They were all surrounding me and it was as if I was about to go off to this upper class party with film makers, models, and all the rest. I had the shades and everything, but as I looked up I saw a chalk board, and it had my priorities listed. I can only recall the first two '1. Sex Life' '2. Career'

When I awoke for some reason I felt if anything, selfish.

March seems like the month Michael the Tramp Foot will drop dead in. It seems most appealing, rather then other months. For some reason I can see him go in some unsual way just because he had that hair style for all those years. He looks like some mathematician who scribbles on the chalk board all day long. I say he falls down the stairs.

I hope so has the deathlist ever gone 2 months with 0 hits?

The longest time between hits, 18th May 1990 - 23rd March 1992!

The longest time between hits, 18th May 1990 - 23rd March 1992!

Good Lord, like the Israelites searching for the promised land of Milk and Honey, which celeb. delivered you from the wilderness?

For some reason when I hear/see the name Michael Foot it reminds me of the South Park episode where the children have to do a project on Genetic Modification and they go to the mad scientist who's obsessed with creating creatures with 4 a@@eholes, random.

For all you Michael Foot fans, there is a new biography just out.

'Michael Foot: A Life' by Kenneth O Morgan, published by HarperPress an imprint of HarperCollins

By the way, I think he will get to his century!

turn on the Parliament channel right now-Michael Foot is giving an interview to David Dimbleby ,and looking very healthy indeed!

edit-sorry my mistake-they're running coverage of the 1992 general lelection results-I thught he was looking remarkably good for 93!

theyre doing an interview with a 38 year old Tony Blair now-good to see him losing a general election for once!

turn on the Parliament channel right now-Michael Foot is giving an interview to David Dimbleby ,and looking very healthy indeed!

Yes - this will be coverage of the 1992 General Election. I was watching a bit of that earlier on given that I'm doing a course on political behaviour. The tutor always refers to that election mainly because the opinion polls got it completely wrong.

So...Dave...you have succeeded in wasting no-ones time.

I just happened to be sad enough to be actually watching the coverage of the 1992 election on that said channel.

I'm even sadder-I lolve watching this kind of stuff even though I'm not doing any courses at all! .Its not sunny here today though,or I would have taped it.

Michael Foot is 94 today. To mark it, he has released a new book. The BBC has a picture of Foot on his 94th birthday, and he is going down to the pub to mark this grand occasion. Happy Birthday Michael Foot!

Sharp as a tack still. He could well make 100, despite his frailness.

dead by stroke?? yes no? another wikipedia fake?

Michael Foot' 94, former leader of British Labour Party,sudden stroke

Tell me, what exactly is a 'sudden stroke'?

Aren't they all sudden?

Tell me, what exactly is a 'sudden stroke'?

Aren't they all sudden?

Apart from the stroke I had from a Parkinsons suffering octogenarian once, which took absolutely ages.

Ultimately worth it though, kinda.

Cheers,

BHB

It was a hoax, perpetrated by an IP known for death vandalism.

As for it being sudden... I suppose it could be expected if the person has known health problems or a history of strokes... I guess it could refer to it lingering on too... but "sudden stroke" is more or less stupid, and points to the hoax since no respectable news agency would call it a "sudden stroke." Unexpected, maybe. Sudden, I don't think so.

It was a hoax, perpetrated by an IP known for death vandalism.

As for it being sudden... I suppose it could be expected if the person has known health problems or a history of strokes... I guess it could refer to it lingering on too... but "sudden stroke" is more or less stupid, and points to the hoax since no respectable news agency would call it a "sudden stroke." Unexpected, maybe. Sudden, I don't think so.

good point

Was intrigued by whether this is the case so did a google news search on "sudden stroke." Where a few results (12) but perhaps not the most respectable news outlets. No disrespect to thisisgloucestershire.co.uk or Harrisonburg Daily News Record. Sharing the dubious honour of claiming to know what a 'sudden stroke' is the Jewish Expotent, Wilmington Morning Star and , of course, The Daily Mail.

Wikipedia news is reporting him dead. Is somebody bullshitting us?

Sometimes Wikipedia is like a bitch with no reason.