Godot

Rugby Players

I think if the following Ill or suspected to be Ill players will go as follows.

Rob Burrow 2023/early 2024, Steve Thompson 2025/2026, Ryan Jones 2026/2027, Dylan Hartley (Reading between the lines he  seems quietly convinced he has dementia) 2031-2033. 

• Like 2

This has to be the worst article ever published.  It’s quite long, but at no point is the player named.  What the fuck??  Anyway I post what I found, it is what it is, WYSIWYG, and any other trite sayings like that.

‘A family member of a GAA star under investigation for fraud has claimed he was placed in a mental health care facility this week after he tried to take his own life.’

Apparently he is under investigation for falsely saying he had cancer.  I’m guessing the DLers who follow Irish rugby know who the unnamed secret marked player is.  Do feel free to share.

SC

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

This has to be the worst article ever published.  It’s quite long, but at no point is the player named.  What the fuck??  Anyway I post what I found, it is what it is, WYSIWYG, and any other trite sayings like that.

‘A family member of a GAA star under investigation for fraud has claimed he was placed in a mental health care facility this week after he tried to take his own life.’

Apparently he is under investigation for falsely saying he had cancer.  I’m guessing the DLers who follow Irish rugby know who the unnamed secret marked player is.  Do feel free to share.

SC

1) Not a rugby player – wrong thread.

2) Not a death – wrong section. Belongs in extra curricular.

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

And this has to be one of the worst posts ever put up on this site, not least because (as Ulitzer has pointed out) you seem to be under the impression that a GAA star is someone who plays rugby.

Most Irish sports fans do know who the unnamed player is. However responsible media outlets are not publishing the name as there is an ongoing Garda investigation, and they do not want to prejudice any prosecution that may arise from that investigation. God knows it is hard enough to get convictions for fraud in this country.

The fact that the person seems to have mental health issues makes it even more important that there is no online hounding of the individual, which could be used by his defence to claim that a fair trial would not be possible. 

• Like 3

Tom Tierney, who won 8 caps for Ireland, and subsequently coached the women's team, has died suddenly, aged 46.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ireland and Lions player Niall Brophy dies aged 87. Won 20 caps for Ireland and went on two Lions tours, 1959 & '62 not playing (through injury) in '59, but playing twice in '62 v. South Africa.

• Like 2

Bryn Hargreaves, English rugby player who disappeared 14 months ago in Cheat Lake, West Virginia where he lived, was found dead, played for Wigan, where he was born, St Helena, Bradford Bulls and Leigh

https://www.totalrl.com/body-of-missing-former-st-helens-wigan-and-bradford-prop-bryn-hargreaves-found-in-usa-as-family-confirm-death/

• Like 1

David Willicome, started with Union but became a professional rugby league player with Halifax and Wigan and played for both Great Britain and Wales in a representative capacity, reportedly dead: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65164581

Dafydd James diagnosed now.

Rugby will either be banned or go non contact by 2030 

I'd be interested to see what non contact rugby would look like.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, deadsox said:

:D it would be high scoring that's for sure!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, deadsox said:

Somewhat like flag football in America. 

10 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Irish Rugby legend Fergus Slattery has dementia.

A relatively rare incidence of a public case of a pre professional player being known to be suffering.  

Former Springboks coach Ian McIntosh died aged 84 on Wednesday in a hospital near Durban from cancer.

McIntosh coached South Africa in 1993 and 1994 before being fired after a series loss in New Zealand.

SC

• Like 1

Considering the risks associated with playing this sport all players who will be given a welsh rugby cap will automatically change their name to Dai Young

• Like 1

i wonder what Country will be the first to ban Rugby. Or will the sport governing bodies just abide it because financially it won’t  be worth it. 

I mean eight years ago Dylan Hartley was England captain and now he basically confirmed he has the early stages of dementia.