Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Erica Wills (a.k.a. Deborah Wills / Deborah Willis / Deborah Thornton-Jackson), the original "Martini Girl", died of a stroke on 18th May aged 57:

From "The Independent"

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_brit...icle2600250.ece

and from "The Glasgow Daily Record" ("FROM MARTINI GIRL TO BEING SOLD AS A SEX SLAVE"):

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/news/tm_...-name_page.html

The 2 articles cover similar ground, but the John Lennon / Yoko Ono story is amusing - I note the latter publication uses "F**koff!" whereas the former doesn't!

Chinese Vice Premier Huang Ju, has died of pancreatic cancer aged 68.

Tony Thompson (just thought I'd stick his name here so that search will find it and we don't get duplicates).

The NME have their facts incorrect in the link given. According to the Guinness Book of British Hit Singles, "I Like the Way (The Kissing Game)" only made it to No.43 in the UK charts. It did reach No.1 in the US though. Their only other UK hit was "She's Playing Hard to Get" (No.55 in 1992).

By the way, what do we think of the NME's cover photo of Beth Ditto in the link? :o

Donald Johanos, former music director / conductor of the Dallas and Honolulu Symphony Orchestras has died aged 79.

Tony Thompson (just thought I'd stick his name here so that search will find it and we don't get duplicates).

The NME have their facts incorrect in the link given. According to the Guinness Book of British Hit Singles, "I Like the Way (The Kissing Game)" only made it to No.43 in the UK charts. It did reach No.1 in the US though. Their only other UK hit was "She's Playing Hard to Get" (No.55 in 1992).

By the way, what do we think of the NME's cover photo of Beth Ditto in the link? :o

Never heard of him.....

As for Beth Ditto, I might be going out on a limb here and suggest that she could do with losing a few pounds... :P

Never heard of him.....

As for Beth Ditto, I might be going out on a limb here and suggest that she could do with losing a few pounds... :P

A possible DL candidate?

As for Beth Ditto, I might be going out on a limb here and suggest that she could do with losing a few pounds... :o

I'll leave you to say that to her face. After all, I'm sure you can outrun her!

As for Beth Ditto, I might be going out on a limb here and suggest that she could do with losing a few pounds... :o

Fair play to her for having the balls to pose like that, in today's image-conscious 'thou shalt not eat more than a lettuce leaf for tea if you want to be famous' society - I weighed the same as her at the beginning of the year, and there's no way I'd get my rolls of lard out like that for anyone. I love food. My ideal man would be one of those weirdos that feeds ladies up so that they can't get out of bed.

Fair play to her for having the balls to pose like that, in today's image-conscious 'thou shalt not eat more than a lettuce leaf for tea if you want to be famous' society - I weighed the same as her at the beginning of the year, and there's no way I'd get my rolls of lard out like that for anyone. I love food. My ideal man would be one of those weirdos that feeds ladies up so that they can't get out of bed.

Re the death thing, there was a time when the NME was cutting edge and full of the music of the day, it's bordering on nostalgia central now, and losing sales. It may go the way of Melody Maker, Sounds, Disc and Music Echo.

Bill France, the man who was in charge of NASCAR for 31 years, has died.

A huge loss to the sport. He had been very ill, but we had all hoped he would pull through. :)

So how many of you had him on deadpools then?

Pamela Low who created the flavoured coating for Cap'n Crunch cereal has died at the age of 79

Ed Yost "The Father of the Modern Day Hot-Air Balloon", has died at the age of 87.

Ed Yost "The Father of the Modern Day Hot-Air Balloon", has died at the age of 87.

I bet it was uncomfortable for the mother!

:rip:

Maurice Marsac, French character actor who appears to have been something of a movie industry "rent-a-Frenchman" has died aged 92, 3 weeks after that of his wife of 55 years:

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/c...1&cset=true

Also a nationally ranked croquet player, and member of the French Resistance in WWII.

Here is a sample of his more recent credits from IMDB:

- Dragnet (1987) .... Maitre d'

- "L.A. Law" .... Waiter (1 episode, 1987)

- "Night Court" .... Head Waiter

- The Jerk, Too (1984) (TV) .... Chef

- Deal of the Century (1983) .... Frenchman

- Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy (1981) (TV) .... Gen. Charles DeGaulle

- The Big Red One (1980) .... Vichy colonel

- The Jerk (1979) .... French Waiter

- "Soap" .... The Waiter (1 episode, 1979)

- "Wonder Woman" .... Maitre d' (1 episode, 1978)

... and so it goes on, back to

- "I Love Lucy" Paris at Last (1956) TV Episode .... Waiter

... and beyond

Wallace McIntosh, a war hero who became the RAF's most decorated air gunner has died at the age of 87.

French Gen. Alain Le Ray, the first prisoner to escape from Colditz in April 1941, has died aged 96:

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/06/07/...Obit-Le-Ray.php

From the obit: "He later recounted the exploit in a 1976 book "Premiere a Colditz" (First in Colditz)."

Shouldn't the book have been called "First out of Colditz", given that according to wiki the Jerries started housing Allied prisoners there in 1939, i.e. a year before he was captured?

Still, nice to see a legit French war hero. I shall watch "La Marseillaise" on Youtube later in his honour.

Billy Hogan, 202 games and many crowd pleasing moments for Carlisle United. :rip: