Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Geoffrey Mance, not exactly a famous name but his dying wish to leave his company to his employees has made worldwide headlines.

couldn't see it metioned, but Zheng Xiaoyu, former head of China's State Food and Drug Administration has been executed for corruption

couldn't see it metioned, but Zheng Xiaoyu, former head of China's State Food and Drug Administration has been executed for corruption

As the Waco Kid said 'boy is he strict!'

;)

A little late in filtering through, but Juan Valdivieso died back in May. Wiki Link News Link (In Spanish)

He was, before his death, one of two surviving players from the very first FIFA World Cup in 1930, having represented Peru as a goalkeeper.

So, worth keeping an eye on the lone survivor of the finals AND the final itself - Francisco Varallo, who is 97 this year.

The journalist Nigel Dempster has died aged 65 from liver cancer. A noted gossip columnist and diarist, he is probably less well-known as the father-in-law of Zodiac Mindwarp.

Never realised he was Mark Manning's father in law, met the Mindwarper on a few occasions, even - sort of - gigged with him once. Sad to see him reduced to the kind of sporadic club gigs that currently appear on his site.

Randy Parker not well known himself but newsworthy in as much as his dad is KRS-One. Gunshot wound to the head......messy!

Richard Franklin, Australian film director, has died at the age of 58.

Probably his most notable film was "Psycho II", which is (obviously) not a patch on the original, but a pretty brave and commendable effort.

Probably his most notable film was "Psycho II", which is (obviously) not a patch on the original, but a pretty brave and commendable effort.

There's a Richard Franklin who was in Doctor Who, who I thought you might have meant there, but I see it's not.

Doctor Who does, however, sadly lose occasional voice actor Peter Tuddenham, who is most famous for doing the voices of Zen, Orac and Slave in Blake's 7.

http://www.horizon.org.uk/news.php

There's a Richard Franklin who was in Doctor Who, who I thought you might have meant there, but I see it's not.

Doctor Who does, however, sadly lose occasional voice actor Peter Tuddenham, who is most famous for doing the voices of Zen, Orac and Slave in Blake's 7.

http://www.horizon.org.uk/news.php

Someone has him on their DDP....

Someone has him on their DDP....

;)

Edit:

Or what I mean to say is: Poor old Tuddy. I had a feeling he wasn't long for this world.

I seem to recall Rude Kid or that Maxwell House chappie casting aspersions on Tuddenham's obitworthiness.

We shall see.

Edited by Notapotato

Kesha Wizzart 18 year old wannabe who'd got as far as Stars in Their Eyes, one of the three dead in the same family in Manchester.

Pianist and Holocaust Survivor Natalia Karp Dies at 96:

http://www.playbillarts.com/news/article/6779.html

Re her time in Plaszów concentration camp:

"Celebrating his birthday around the time of Karp's arrival was camp commandant Amon Goeth, portrayed by Ralph Fiennes in the film Schindler's List.

"We were being taken in a bunker to be shot when I was told I would have to play at his birthday party," Karp told The Independent in 2005. "I had not played since 1939 and my fingers were stiff. The guests were all looking at me and Goeth called me 'Sarah'—the Nazis called all Jewish women Sarah—and told me to 'play now.' I sat down and started to play Chopin's [posthumous C-sharp minor] Nocturne because I have always found it very sad."

Moved, Goeth proclaimed, "Sie soll leben" ["She shall live"]. Karp replied, "not without my sister," and the commandant agreed. The pair spent ten months in the camp before being shipped to Auschwitz in 1944."

Kerwin Mathews who played Sinbad to some of Ray Harryhausen's superb stop motion animation has swashed his last buckle aged 81.

Nancy Mansfield, British stage actress who was best known to the general public for her role as secretary Peggy Masters in Bergerac in the 1980's, has died, aged 81.

I was just about to post that OoO. We must have been browsing The Stage at the same time.

We must have been browsing The Stage at the same time.

And I'll just be browsing at the Deathlist showdown for a while.

His Wikipedia page suggests that Vikas Uppal, possibly the world's tallest man, has died during a failed brain operation. He was 20 (years old, not 20 feet tall :lol: )

His Wikipedia page suggests that Vikas Uppal, possibly the world's tallest man, has died during a failed brain operation. He was 20 (years old, not 20 feet tall :lol: )

it also says that he died 2 weeks ago, I'm surprised that nothing had been announced. I thought he was older than 20 years old

Kelly Johnson of Girlschool has passed away

Kelly Johnson of Girlschool has passed away

That is very sad. I really hope she gets the obits she deserved. :lol:

Jagna Wright housewife who made a documentary herself after everyone she approached turned her down. TBH I'm surprised to see such a lengthy broadsheet obit. But if she can get one, there's a few of our more marginal picks for next year who might do the same.

Tuncay Seyranlioglu, Turkish businessman and standing as an MP in the highly charged election in a few weeks has been.....shot dead.