Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

The hell with aged nonentities now we've got a serious death. Fopp Records. Loved them shops I did, and the prices.

Not forgetting the deaths of two roadies for The Rolling Stones.

Now if they were playing in a village hall or something, this sort of tragedy wouldn't happen... :rip:

Hugh Johns, commentator of the 1966 World Cup Final for ITV, and a long-time & much respected football, boxing, darts, snooker & bowls commentator, has died. He was 83 years of age.

And just for the record, this is what Johns was saying when Wolstenhome was uttering his immortal words...

Here's Hurst, he might make it three. He has! He has... so that's it. That is IT!

Hugh Johns, commentator of the 1966 World Cup Final for ITV, and a long-time & much respected football, boxing, darts, snooker & bowls commentator, has died. He was 83 years of age.

And just for the record, this is what Johns was saying when Wolstenhome was uttering his immortal words...

Here's Hurst, he might make it three. He has! He has... so that's it. That is IT!

Oh that's a shame. Used to commentate on 'Star Soccer' (ATV) in the 1970s....

An amateur next to Wolstenhome, mind. Wolstenhome was a bomber pilot with 100 missions to his credit and a distinguished flying cross and bar. Finding a few words for a footy match was nothing to the likes of him.

Oh that's a shame. Used to commentate on 'Star Soccer' (ATV) in the 1970s....

Yes, I was another brought up on Johns's not particularly great commentating (cf Gerald Sinstadt) in the decade style forgot. He had the perfect name to amuse us sN-wording schoolboys, too.

atvlogo.jpg

George McCorkle, guitarist and founder member of the Marshall Tucker Band, has lung cancer. His website doesn't make very promising reading at all. He might be lucky to get to the weekend, let alone 2008, but we shall see. :rip:

He didn't live to see the weekend.

Bill Barber, who performed with Miles Davis and John Coltrane, and was "one the best ever jazz tuba players", has run out of puff aged 87.

Jean Wales, Donald Cambell's sister who didn't want his remains taken from the wreck of the boat in Coniston. She - partly - got her wish, they've never found his skull!

Guest Guest

less people will die as a result!

Guest Guest
Gordon Golstelow, yeah I was struggling to remember the name myself, but when they did The Railway Children for telly, he was the station porter.

most famous for playing the part of bad american accent guy Milo Clancey in the Doctor Who story Space Pirates!

Yes they will. They may also get hit by a Bus, eaten by a Shark or live a full life before dying, lonely in their own wee.

Sanctimonious tosser. :angry:

smoking3506_wideweb__470x313,0.jpg

What? Hairy handed people are dying out. Nobody told me.

As for the ban we don't get it until March next year, so if any smokers fancy doing a swap and moving here let me know as I quite like the idea of going to a cafe and not having people's smoke interfering with my food.

smoking3506_wideweb__470x313,0.jpg

Nice to see you down your local today 'arry

Yes they will. They may also get hit by a Bus, eaten by a Shark or live a full life before dying, lonely in their own wee.

Or strangled--by me. :)

Nothing like sitting there smoking at a reasonable distance from any other humans and minding your own business only to be reprimanded by a stranger , 'smoking is bad' and then the person drives off in their fume-belching Ford Explorasaurus.

Nothing like sitting there smoking at a reasonable distance from any other humans and minding your own business only to be reprimanded by a stranger , 'smoking is bad' and then the person drives off in their fume-belching Ford Explorasaurus.

Aye, those ugly bastards need putting in the crusher long before smoking is banned.

Aye, those ugly bastards need putting in the crusher long before smoking is banned.

Sanctimonious and ugly too?! Aint got much going for them, have they?

If I shovel the gits into the crusher NAP, can you operate the levers please?

Then scoop the plastic and metal bits into a truck, haul it to our friendly neighborhood car maker, and

have him bake the ingredients. Should be enough stuff to make a Skoda Yeti for each of us.

skoda_yeti2.jpg

^

I knew but I'm trying to improve my quality control. :angry:

By the way, Jay Monroe, who invented the Tensor light, has shot himself.

02A0667.jpg