Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Guest Guest

Sci-fi and Fantasy author Fred Saberhagen has died of prostate cancer, age 77.

Not generating much in the way of obits yet, so I'm not yet sad that I pulled him from my DDP.

Will make a fine second RDP hit however. A loss to the genre though, I've not disliked anything of his that I've read.

Not generating much in the way of obits yet, so I'm not yet sad that I pulled him from my DDP.

Will make a fine second RDP hit however. A loss to the genre though, I've not disliked anything of his that I've read.

Who forgot to sign in?

OoO?

Who forgot to sign in?

OoO?

No, bloody Canadian internet logged me out when I wasn't looking. Not doing much to quell the rumours of a barren wilderness out here...

Opera singer Beverly Sills has died at the age of 78

Guest Guest

less people will die as a result!

Yes they will. They may also get hit by a Bus, eaten by a Shark or live a full life before dying, lonely in their own wee.

Sanctimonious tosser. :angry:

up yours 2 mate :)

A couple of notable deaths from the world of cricket:

Dilip Sardesai, prolific Indian test batsman between 1961 and 1972, aged 66.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/india/cont...ory/300390.html

Eddie Crush, who WAS Kent's oldest surviving player, aged 90:

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/england/co...ory/300481.html

Malcolm Slesser an academic who hated 'nanny state' interference and risked his neck on some dangerous climbs. Quite a bloke - apparently - and someone who spent happy hours in the Lake District.

Climbing, Slesser insisted, is very safe. "It's the technique of making yourself safe that counts. But I must say that at my age [he was then 77] any form of quick exit would be very much appreciated when the time comes."

It's likely that he suffered a heart attack whilst hill walking, aged 80.

The man whose music chased a thousand dolly birds on the Benny Hill Show has died aged 80. Yes, that's right, 'Boots' Randolph has left the building.

The man whose music chased a thousand dolly birds on the Benny Hill Show has died aged 80. Yes, that's right, 'Boots' Randolph has left the building.

Damn - wrong forum - Mods, step in and do your lovely thing!

No, not that...the other...move me to The Dead!

(Done- NAP)

Related to Elastica frontwoman Justine Frishmann apparently....

What a shame, he was doing so well last year I thought too (can't deny I looked into him for the DDP). Plenty of UK obits too, included a beeb.

Bill Pinkney, the last surviving member of the original "Drifters" is no more:

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/07/05/...bit-Pinkney.php

He had left the group before they had their biggest hits ("Under the Boardwalk," "Up on the Roof," and "Save the Last Dance For Me").

He had been scheduled to perform for U.S. Independence Day festivities in Daytona Beach, and had indeed been performing at a "Rock and Soul Day" event just last month (see bottom paragraph in article):

http://www.freetimes.com/stories/15/7/california-feelin

Bill Pinkney, the last surviving member of the original "Drifters" is no more:

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/07/05/...bit-Pinkney.php

He had left the group before they had their biggest hits ("Under the Boardwalk," "Up on the Roof," and "Save the Last Dance For Me").

He had been scheduled to perform for U.S. Independence Day festivities in Daytona Beach, and had indeed been performing at a "Rock and Soul Day" event just last month (see bottom paragraph in article):

http://www.freetimes.com/stories/15/7/california-feelin

Are you saying that The Drifters, on a Hotel Gig tour this summer somewhere on a Med Island are not the REAL Drifters?

Im crushed! ;)

Back in the eighties there was a laugh out loud funny situation where two lots of The Drifters were playing on the Med within twenty miles of each other.

The fat lady has sung for another opera great - Regine Crespin has died aged 80.

The fat lady has sung for another opera great - Regine Crespin has died aged 80.

Shame! She was interviewed on Radio 3 not so long ago and was very entertaining with her stories! ;)

One for all you Leeds fans (any left?!). Dave Simmons, who scored one of the goals that saw Don Revie's mighty Leeds United go out of the FA Cup at the hands of lowly Colchester United in 1971, has died aged 58:

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/ely/2...4f319344b14.lpf

"The Times called the result a "miracle", describing how Mr Simmons and strike partner Ray Crawford made World Cup-winner Jack Charlton look like a "dithering novice".

OK, OK, I see it's in the footy thread, but as that is in the "extra-curricular" area, I believe it is noteworthy enough to be here too!

Professor Donald Michie, who worked as a code breaker at Bletchley Park during the war, has been killed in a car crash.

In the same vehicle was his ex-wife, the geneticist Dame Anne McLaren, she was also killed.

Also, in a different car crash, Palmeiras footballer Alemao, has been killed at the age of 23.