No reason we can't post an obit here, if topical.  He must have felt guilty for being wrong more than 50% of the time.

Police say a popular television meteorologist in Maine’s largest city has been found dead of an apparent suicide.  Tom Johnston from NBC affiliate WCSH-TV in Portland was reported missing Monday after he failed to return from an event at the Sunday River ski resort.  He was at Sunday River over the weekend and last spoke with his family just before 10:30 p.m. Saturday.

In Tom's absence, let's just say it'll be cold in Portland, ME.
SC

5 hours ago, CarolAnn said:

Oy, it's not a good weekend for weather anywhere in America.

Here in Illinois it's been raining since yesterday morning and won't stop till tomorrow night. Flash floods, yay!

Not to mention the blizzard that's barreling through the Plains right now. Yep, a blizzard, the day before May.

One nice thing was that I could open my windows last night - for probably the last time until October.

30 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

Oy, it's not a good weekend for weather anywhere in America.

Here in Illinois it's been raining since yesterday morning and won't stop till tomorrow night. Flash floods, yay!

Not to mention the blizzard that's barreling through the Plains right now. Yep, a blizzard, the day before May.

Well at least the murder rate will drop for a day or two!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CarolAnn said:

One nice thing was that I could open my windows last night - for probably the last time until October.

Good.

You dont want anybody climbing through and stealing your hand bag CA!! :D

2 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Good.

You dont want anybody climbing through and stealing your hand bag CA!! :D

I am protected by a cadre of vicious ankle biting dogs. All is good here. 

• Like 2

Crazy weather last night.

Severe storms brought downed trees and blown-off roofs.

My sister's school is having a power outage.

Luckily, the tornadoes stayed west of us.

Yes, Virginia, it is heading northeast. Should be an eventful night. 

weather.JPG.5aa015bddf3ce5e32bafe6f5b45a5126.JPG

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CarolAnn said:

Keep safe! I have friends in Katy/Houston. Anything happening there? 

110 F today in Pecos, TX.  Throw on some coveralls and a hardhat and enjoy!  Been 103-108 F all week really.  Tied a record high yesterday 109.  Good times. :(
SC

On 5/20/2017 at 00:02, CarolAnn said:

This was the same storm that had baseball size hail in Odessa.

SC

So, CarolAnn, what's wrong with your life at the moment?  Well, I have to go out in this:

weather.thumb.JPG.983dcf41565c29b0ff8516a6bfd80046.JPG

• Like 1

IMG_0378.JPG

• Like 2

I must be getting old. I didn't used to stand outside and swear at the sun.

weather.JPG.db928f1389907930101c83a2f932cb9c.JPG

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CarolAnn said:

I must be getting old. I didn't used to stand outside and swear at the sun.

weather.JPG.db928f1389907930101c83a2f932cb9c.JPG

Moan moan moan... :D

• Like 1

A message to any of you trapped by the extreme heat in Central and Southern Europe: Come to Norway now for your holiday! In Bergen, Stavanger and Oslo (all of Southern Norway) we will have light rain off and on for the next weeks and 14-17 degrees C. All of Norway/Skandinavia  is getting cooler now. Still lots to see and do; the tourist spots are still open until September. Better than dying in the heat.  If you want suggestions/advice I will be glad to help. Just Ask. 

Edit: Do not go to Copenhagen, Danmark if you are a young man between the ages of 17-25. There have been 3 shootings in the past 12 hours, The police have posted this warning! This is the first time since World War 2 they have done this.  (There have been 23 shootings there since 7 June 2017 - 18 of them are gang activity! In Malmø, Sweden, across the river from Copenhagen there havro been 23 shootings so far this year.) 

4 hours ago, theoldlady said:

A message to any of you trapped by the extreme heat in Central and Southern Europe: Come to Norway now for your holiday! In Bergen, Stavanger and Oslo (all of Southern Norway) we will have light rain off and on for the next weeks and 14-17 degrees C. All of Norway/Skandinavia  is getting cooler now. Still lots to see and do; the tourist spots are still open until September. Better than dying in the heat.  If you want suggestions/advice I will be glad to help. Just Ask. 

Edit: Do not go to Copenhagen, Danmark if you are a young man between the ages of 17-25. There have been 3 shootings in the past 12 hours, The police have posted this warning! This is the first time since World War 2 they have done this.  (There have been 23 shootings there since 7 June 2017 - 18 of them are gang activity! In Malmø, Sweden, across the river from Copenhagen there havro been 23 shootings so far this year.) 

My brother is taking his family to Norway on holiday later this month but he's going way up north somewhere to the Lofoten Islands I think. He was working in Norway last year and fell in love with the place. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, theoldlady said:

TBF, the same thing could be said about London, Manchester etc.

I have always wanted to visit Stockholm, Copenhagen, Oslo and Scandanavia in general.

Maybe one day I will get the chance.

Mind you I did find this stonking old car on a Finnish classic car website and I have checked a route which would have me on a ferry across to Holland, a drive to Hamburg, a ferry to Helsinki, into Finland, get the car and retun the same way.

The only real bastard is the ferry journey between Germany and Finland is some 23 odd hrs.

Id probably have to do that one on my own.

Im itching to do it tho, a PROPER road trip!!!!:D

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Handrejka said:

My brother is taking his family to Norway on holiday later this month but he's going way up north somewhere to the Lofoten Islands I think. He was working in Norway last year and fell in love with the place. 

That is a wonderful trip! I hope the Viking Village is open at that time so they can go to it. Also there is a nice Art Museum there as well. It is just beautiful.

7 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

TBF, the same thing could be said about London, Manchester etc.

I have always wanted to visit Stockholm, Copenhagen, Oslo and Scandanavia in general.

Maybe one day I will get the chance.

Mind you I did find this stonking old car on a Finnish classic car website and I have checked a route which would have me on a ferry across to Holland, a drive to Hamburg, a ferry to Helsinki, into Finland, get the car and retun the same way.

The only real bastard is the ferry journey between Germany and Finland is some 23 odd hrs.

Id probably have to do that one on my own.

Im itching to do it tho, a PROPER road trip!!!!:D

Hopefully you can visit someday. Consider camping is you have a camper or water-proof tent. There are lots of cabins in the remoter parts of Norway right in the Middle of beautiful nature.It saves a lot of money. You will need to have your sleeping Bags and cooking supplies with you. That ferry will most likely require you to have a cabin or at least a ´sleeping chair´. Hope you make it some day. (Youth hostels are great too.) Scandinavia is expensive. 

6 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

Hopefully you can visit someday. Consider camping is you have a camper or water-proof tent. There are lots of cabins in the remoter parts of Norway right in the Middle of beautiful nature.It saves a lot of money. You will need to have your sleeping Bags and cooking supplies with you. That ferry will most likely require you to have a cabin or at least a ´sleeping chair´. Hope you make it some day. (Youth hostels are great too.) Scandinavia is expensive. 

Nooooooo!!!!! I cant do camping!!!!!

A nice log cabin is fine though! :D

• Haha 1

I went camping with the school once. Broke my ankle.

I'm with you on it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The mosquitoes that always bite me when I go camping with family is the reason I absolutely hate it. They always seem to be attracted to me and no one else. :angry:

2 minutes ago, msc said:

I went camping with the school once. Broke my ankle.

I'm with you on it!

The idea of sleeping in the big outdoors is fine its just the idea of toilets, washing and never feeling clean ( in my minds eye ) and stuff that turns me utterly cold.

Each to their own tho.