-4 C right now. Frost everywhere yet sunny it looks beautiful outside. Not enough to make me venture out to take my holiday decorations down, mind.

You have decorations outside wut.gif

I opened the back door of my house in The People's Democratic Republic of Leicester this evening, in order to take out the rubbish and a moth flew into the kitchen.

Now the ants are at it.

R0012351.jpg
  • Like 2

I opened the back door of my house in The People's Democratic Republic of Leicester this evening, in order to take out the rubbish and a moth flew into the kitchen.

Now the ants are at it.

R0012351.jpg

You just need an earwig and you can start competing with Twycross!

• Like 1

Dear Cat are you just some alternative Pied Piper? In which case..step away from the flute :)

It's the middle of winter. They shouldn't be around at all, let alone in my house and I don't want them here.

I didn't post it but a couple of days ago in the kitchen I sensed something on my head. I brushed my hand over my head and all of a sudden I had spider on toast.

P.S. The kind of flute I blow wouldn't attract them anyway; it has only one hole in it and I ain't giving that up.

^^ Hilarious! And that might not be the last we see of Jim Bowen in 2016...or will it?

Good news Cat O'Falk - your spiders should go back into hiding by Tuesday/Wednesday if you're north of Birmingham and Friday anywhere else.

On another note - heard someone complain "it's so cold" today - there in for a bloody shock early next week

• Like 1

Dear Cat are you just some alternative Pied Piper? In which case..step away from the flute :)

I was trying to think what this reminded me of and them I remembered.

I am now seeing Cat as Amy Adams in Enchanted when she gets all the city vermin in to help clean up the flat in The Happy Working Song (it is actually really funny)

• Like 1

Snowing properly in Yorkshire for the first time this winter.

Late to the party aren't you (we had our first snow in November although it went mild again after). Also - in your area of Yorkshire, the moors have had some for weeks. Enjoy it.

Here in Leicester, the first night of the winter when the birdbath in the garden froze over was a couple of nights ago. It wasn't a hard frost though, the ice was about one millimetre thick and broke to the slightest touch.

• Like 2

We have light snow right now. Not much to get excited about. It's been very cold here over the last week, though.

Late to the party aren't you (we had our first snow in November although it went mild again after). Also - in your area of Yorkshire, the moors have had some for weeks. Enjoy it.

I'm more Peaks than Moors. Looks like it's slowing so just a covering rather than anything serious. Makes a change from the continual rain.

I'm more Peaks than Moors. Looks like it's slowing so just a covering rather than anything serious. Makes a change from the continual rain.

Pictures on the weather forum I on are showing up to 8cm in parts of Yorkshire tonight so far. Even at lower levels you should be looking at 3-4cm by the time the front passes through.

Pictures on the weather forum I on are showing up to 8cm in parts of Yorkshire tonight so far. Even at lower levels you should be looking at 3-4cm by the time the front passes through.

4cm is nothing for a Rockhopper Penguin.

4cm is nothing for a Rockhopper Penguin.

It's an awful lot for this pathetic excuse of a winter.

Three hours of light snow in Nottingham. Stopped now. Depth about 3cm.

We had a frost last night! First time this winter.

Looking at livestreams of the East Coast snowstorm in America and thinking "I'd like some of that"

You want icy weather? Don't you already have enough skidmarks?

You want icy weather? Don't you already have enough skidmarks?

Trying to remember why I put you on block then actually read your post - definitely the right decision:

Now this is what I call a winter: