So like we got a couple inches of snow in the desert in west Texas (Toyah, TX for those playing at home).  And parts of southern Texas, and apparently this morning over in Acadiana (south Louisiana), and of course a single snowflake shuts down schools there.  Hopefully my daughter catching flakes on her tongue like normal non-suthnah children do.
I'll edit/post a couple pix shortly.

SC

(BTW they're calling for temps in the low 40s in Miami.  Seems there's a "blue Jew" joke in there somewhere -- Send your complaint letters to Paul Bearer.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Snow in Toyah SC?

Its a mystery.....

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, charon said:

Snow in Toyah SC?

Its a mystery.....

It's a ghost town.   I said it was named after the world's only Mexican kamikaze, who flew down yelling Toyah Toyah Toyah.

5 hours ago, charon said:

Snow in Toyah SC?

Its a mystery.....

Your street cred has just hit - 72. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Coldest wintry spell in England for many years.

Naturally we get rain.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2017 at 08:17, philheybrookbay said:

Coldest wintry spell in England for many years.

Naturally we get rain.

Yes, while there may be a wintery apocalypse seventy miles up the road, Devon does seem to be missing out on the fun.  On the plus side, I've been surfing - in the sea, not online - today :)

• Like 3

Thought it F7/8+ there? Effort.

Yeah, we have had some snow and the weather is a bit shit.

It's WINTER!!!!!!!!!!

I'll struggle into work tomorrow (combination of a five mile bike ride and 35 minutes on a train). Those that live half an hour away by car will no doubt swerve getting into work "because it's too difficult". 

The train on Friday morning was a third full when it is usually rammed. Shocking to see the effect that an inch of snow has on the British psyche!

Why is it that the drivers who elect to go out in the snow are the shit ones? One in particular I saw today was a Merc going sideways past me and straight into the back of a van in the next lane. It's a good job traffic was stopped in my lane, else I'd have crashed during my laughing fit.

• Like 1

On 8 December 2017 at 15:46, Paul Bearer said:

Snowing here. 

Still snowing here. I reckon we have about 10-12 inches of the stuff so far.  :mellow:

31 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Still snowing here. I reckon we have about 10-12 inches of the stuff so far.  :mellow:

Calling Lardy to the Bat phone!!:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Calling Lardy to the Bat phone!!:lol:

Sadly I haven’t had that much for a number of years. 

• Like 1

How cold is it in Canada right now?
It's so gdamn cold the Calgary Zoo is bringing the King Penguins inside for the winter cuz it's 'too cold' for them.
SC

14 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

How cold is it in Canada right now?
It's so gdamn cold the Calgary Zoo is bringing the King Penguins inside for the winter cuz it's 'too cold' for them.
SC

A few days ago it was -24 in Calgary.  (That's minus 11 in Farenheit!) The weather forecast has it improving to averages of -7 (19F) in the next week.

That article says they were measuring -40 this week!

PS King Penguins tend to be the ones which you find in places like the Falkland Islands (similar weather to Scotland), or the islands before Antarctica. So acclimatized to more "normal" cold weather (by North Canada/Europe or south South America averages) than extreme like Canada got this week.

2 hours ago, msc said:

A few days ago it was -24 in Calgary.  (That's minus 11 in Farenheit!) The weather forecast has it improving to averages of -7 (19F) in the next week.

That article says they were measuring -40 this week!

PS King Penguins tend to be the ones which you find in places like the Falkland Islands (similar weather to Scotland), or the islands before Antarctica. So acclimatized to more "normal" cold weather (by North Canada/Europe or south South America averages) than extreme like Canada got this week.

I thought these were the penguins Morgan Freeman was on about, so it seemed drastic -- I saw the bloody film LOL.  Maybe those were Emperors?  Well anyway...still got a chuckle from the headline.
SC

2 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I thought these were the penguins Morgan Freeman was on about, so it seemed drastic -- I saw the bloody film LOL.  Maybe those were Emperors?  Well anyway...still got a chuckle from the headline.
SC

Those were Emperor penguins, and even they tend to prefer climates closer to New Zealand than heart of Antarctica. Well, roughly speaking, but the Antarctica is huge and not animal friendly.  Though apparently, not as bad as Canada! :D

We have the beginning of a cold front from Siberia! Predicting rain, snow and ice-storms for Monday! (In Norway)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/18/2018-set-to-be-year-of-big-earthquakes

The bods in the know at the end of last year predicted a five year period of big earthquakes, due to slowing of the Earths rotation.

Reckoned to be mainly around the Equator, the Alaskan one today goes against the grain, but it is a 7+ one.

Tsunami alert for places now.

Overnight, we had our third snowstorm of the past couple of days, and there's now well over 6 inches of snow on the ground.

Tomorrow night we're expecting a big storm to dump another 6 inches on us.

Students and staff alike hoping for a snow day Friday, but it's unlikely. The powers that be are cunts who wouldn't cancel school if the motherfucker burned down.

Success - school is cancelled. Wasn't even close, they made up their minds last night. Of course, my district was still the last to announce it in the whole Chicagoland area. :rolleyes:

About a foot of snow on the ground right now, and a lot of shoveling to be done.

Where I live, if there was even two inches of snow on the ground, school would be canceled (though we rarely receive snow that is more than 6 inches tbf). The place I lived before now I still had to go to school when there was between 2 - 3 feet, but the climate is used to that...

Lucky sods. My school was never cancelled for snow. Nor was outdoor PE cancelled for a hail storm.

Just now, msc said:

Nor was outdoor PE cancelled for a hail storm.

That reminds me of that time freshman year we had to run a mile around the football field when it was snowing.