Anubis the Jackal

Professional Cyclists

Dutch cyclist Jos van der Vleuten, a sprinter active in the late 1960s and early '70s, died yesterday in his holiday home in the Dominican Republic, from a brain hemorrhage. Mr van der Vleuten was 68 years of age.

144_96_93d1eecae738b91006fb463ba9cde019-1323194228.jpg

I haven't found an English news source yet, but here a Dutch one, and here a French one.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Ah excellent, it's a beautiful morning and le Tour starts today. I was on the blower to Armitage the other day and he showed a surprising knowledge of cycling, though I'm sure the fat bastard's not been near a bike in 40 years. Anyway, he asked me to pass on his tip for le mellow johnny - a certain Andy Schleck at 8/1. If he won he'd become a famous Luxembourger, which is even rarer than a famous Belgian.

A few years and a stewards' enquiry later...

5.jpg

Ah excellent, it's a beautiful morning and le Tour starts today. I was on the blower to Armitage the other day and he showed a surprising knowledge of cycling, though I'm sure the fat bastard's not been near a bike in 40 years. Anyway, he asked me to pass on his tip for le mellow johnny - a certain Andy Schleck at 8/1. If he won he'd become a famous Luxembourger, which is even rarer than a famous Belgian.

A few years and a stewards' enquiry later...

5.jpg

Great, now let's see him lose the title in devastating fashion to Cade....oh he has!

Congratulations to Bradley Wiggins who becomes the first Briton to win the Tour de France. Well done Wiggo!

Congratulations to Bradley Wiggins who becomes the first Briton to win the Tour de France. Well done Wiggo!

Finally a British sportsman we can be proud of unlike that showing at euro 2012 .

Technically he's a famous Belgian...

With an Aussie dad too. I didn't know this but Eric "Chariots of Fire" Liddel was born in China!

Personally I think he is innocent, he had the natural advantage of being a stone lighter than the rest..............

• Like 1

Spanish cyclist Victor Cabedo, recent competitor in the Tour of Britain, has been killed whilst training near Valencia. He was 23.

Personally I think he is innocent, he had the natural advantage of being a stone lighter than the rest..............

I wonder if it's just a coincidence that the two big scandals of the moment revolve around men who helped raise millions for charity. Motivated by a guilty conscience?

Edit: Jerry Sandusky too, now I come to think of it.

Tommy Godwin

The cyclist who won two bronze medals at the 1948 Olympic Games in London, and took part in the Olympic torch relay this year at the age of 91 has died 2 days short of his 92nd birthday.

Not 'too' serious but you never know, Bradley Wiggins in hospital after a van clocked him.

http://www.guardian....-hospital-crash

... and less than a day later GB Cycling head coach Shane Sutton has also been injured in an accident and is in hospital with a suspected bleed on his brain.

Not 'too' serious but you never know, Bradley Wiggins in hospital after a van clocked him.

http://www.guardian....-hospital-crash

... and less than a day later GB Cycling head coach Shane Sutton has also been injured in an accident and is in hospital with a suspected bleed on his brain.

These things come in threes - now Cav is at it.

I think any of our famous Olympic cyclists have superlative chances of getting on the 2013 deathlist due to the fact that most of them ride in the middle of the road or take it up riding 2 abreast talking bollocks or even worse insist on cycling on a road when there is a fucking cycle path adjacent to it,stupid cunts,no wonder they're getting knocked off?

• Like 2

I think any of our famous Olympic cyclists have superlative chances of getting on the 2013 deathlist due to the fact that most of them ride in the middle of the road or take it up riding 2 abreast talking bollocks or even worse insist on cycling on a road when there is a fucking cycle path adjacent to it,stupid cunts,no wonder they're getting knocked off?

Oh yeah, and don't forget their increased chances of getting crushed by a bendi-bus.

No more (probably less) chance than any other cyclist.

Remember Johnny Hoogerland? He's the chap who needed 33 stitches to patch him up when he ended in barbed wire after he was bumped off the road by a television car in 2011's Tour de France.

Now he's in IC after a car ran over him while he was training in Spain.

regards,

Hein

French former cyclist Philippe Gaumont (40) in a coma after a heart attack.

Completely innocent pills, the doctor said...

regards,

Hein

Guest Droosy

Gaumont was the man who squeezed his testicles to induce a rash and obtain some prescription for corticoids which helped mask doping.........he is also said to have provoked a heart attack in order to get into his team´s medical van for some dope