Bald rick

Room Lovely, Look You.

Talking to somebody that you would never have thought you would EVER talk to and finding that they are actually a damn fine person....

• Like 1

Talking to somebody that you would never have thought you would EVER talk to and finding that they are actually a damn fine person....

You were in the chat room with Dr Z yesterday?
  • Like 2

Just bought football manager 16 - goodbye world until Christmas.

If it is like real Football Manager you will have been sacked by New Year

2nd in the EPL with Newcastle United by the end of September, suppose there's still every possibility of being sacked by Christmas looking at Chelsea's real life form.

Sacked over the New Year as it turns out. Apparently losing 14-0, 9-0 doesn't go down well.

You were in the chat room with Dr Z yesterday?

Ha!! Never ever him, no no no no no and NO!! :D

Having a moment of clarity, where everything becomes transparent, you see right through people and you realise who and what means the most to you, and that you were once a mug, but you'll never be a mug again.

• Like 2

^^ You'll never again fall for that trick question about which monarch was the last to be communicated by the Pope?

Anyway, you know what I like - taking a jolly good dump. Right guys?

Petrol currently at $1.39 / gallon at my local petrol station. Used a coupon that got me 20 cents off per gallon. So... I was able to fill up my car for about $12 which is enough for a whole week.

Petrol currently at $1.39 / gallon at my local petrol station. Used a coupon that got me 20 cents off per gallon. So... I was able to fill up my car for about $12 which is enough for a whole week.

Room lovely? Guess you don't recognize economic terrorism when you see it, as the Saudi's are committing presently.

SC

You really want to go down this road? From a country where a V8 that hits double digit mpg is probably still considered 'economical'? And you can fill one up for 12 bucks?

Ok, I'm half joking but even so.....

You really want to go down this road? From a country where a V8 that hits double digit mpg is probably still considered 'economical'? And you can fill one up for 12 bucks?

Ok, I'm half joking but even so.....

In some ways it lulls people into a false sense of security, where they revert back to their petrol guzzling SUVs and trucks, and then the price shoots up to over $4. Which in terms of how much other countries pay, is still fairly cheap especially as we purchase it by the gallon as opposed to by the litre. When I moved to the U.S. it was $1.80/gallon, and my car only held 10 gallons. Current car hold 15 gallons, it's a PT Cruiser which when I bought it it was a reasonably priced / economical car.

Edited to say: as I drove by the petrol station this morning, it was at $1.36/gallon :)

It's probably about the equivalent of $5.50 or something here (it's about a pound a litre last I looked, 3.78L to the us gal, 1.44 exchange), and in recent historical terms that's cheap, it's been over £1.30 a litre. Not that I personally use much, I cycle where i can :P

It's probably about the equivalent of $5.50 or something here (it's about a pound a litre last I looked, 3.78L to the us gal, 1.44 exchange), and in recent historical terms that's cheap, it's been over £1.30 a litre. Not that I personally use much, I cycle where i can :P

What's that in €/l? :)

BTW, my bike got nicked last week, which is rather :(.

What's that in €/l? :)

Holland? Get on your bike, then it doesn't matter. ;)

I'm not cycling to work. 1. it's -17C out with snow and ice on the ground. 2. it's 15 miles to my work and 3. I think those are two good reasons :lol:

Sorry to hear that Hein, (it's an edit, so it wasn't there when i first replied....).

Phantom,

1. Granted I dont think much of -17C either, however I suspect you also drive in July.

2. 15 miles isnt that far once you get the hang of it

3. I'm not certain where in the states you are exactly (not LA or Houston I'm guessing... :P, Minnesota was it?), but you could add for #3 that some places are less than conducive to cycling in that car based country.

Sorry to hear that Hein, (it's an edit, so it wasn't there when i first replied....).

I understand, cheers for your commiseration.

I prefer cycling to driving a car. I used to have a car, but I sold it long ago: much too expensive and almost useless in a Dutch city.

Come to think of it: I used to have a bike.

• Like 3

Phantom,

1. Granted I dont think much of -17C either, however I suspect you also drive in July.

2. 15 miles isnt that far once you get the hang of it

3. I'm not certain where in the states you are exactly (not LA or Houston I'm guessing... :P, Minnesota was it?), but you could add for #3 that some places are less than conducive to cycling in that car based country.

Yes I drive in July too, also I have to collect the kids after I finish work, which is a bit difficult to do with a bike. I still have a bike, but it's rare that I get to go cycling these days.

We have bike trails here, and to get to work I would cut through Minneapolis rather than take the motorway. But drivers are not that courteous when it comes to cyclists. They rarely give a lookout for pedestrians.

I prefer the bike too Hein. I do still have a car, though mostly it sits there gathering moss and I really should get shot of it and hire one when necessary, it would probably work out cheaper.

Phantom, I've been to the states a lot, in fact the first time I went it happened to be Houston, it was about 35C and 110% humidity and when I attempted to walk to the shops I completely forgot about the sweat dripping off me because I was distracted by the numerous cars than nearly ran into the back of each other staring at this weird creature on two legs....(there wasn't even what we would call a pavement, and americans a sidewalk, just grass...)

I paid 73p for my first gallon of petrol for my fizzped back in 1975; that's 16p per litre. A gallon took me a hundred miles. Happy days.

• Like 2

I paid 73p for my first gallon of petrol for my fizzped back in 1975; that's 16p per litre. A gallon took me a hundred miles. Happy days.

Ha, Yamaha FS1E. Or equiv.

Ha, Yamaha FS1E. Or equiv.

My dad and nine of his workmates won just over £20,000 between themselves on the football pools in the summer of 1974 (not 75 as I first thought). He bought me a brand spanking new purple Yamaha FS1E straight out the showroom costing £220. I got the new 'N' registration taking delivery in the first week of August.

The tax disc was I think £2-50p and a year's fully comprehensive insurance was four quid.

I found this one on ebay today.

yfs1e.jpg
  • Like 1

yfs1e.jpg

That model is called ''buikschuiver'' in Dutch, that was for nozems.

I belonged to the punk rockers, I owned a Puch like this:

Hasjpuch.jpg

• Like 2

yfs1e.jpg

That model is called ''buikschuiver'' in Dutch, that was for nozems.

I belonged to the punk rockers, I owned a Puch like this:

Hasjpuch.jpg

Did you never have one of these??

351032_orig_zpsoijekj7l.jpg

Awesome little cars!

Did you never have one of these??

351032_orig_zpsoijekj7l.jpg

Awesome little cars!

That's a DAF 44, innit? No, never had one. By the time I had my driver's license DAF no longer built cars. My first car was a Renault 4 van, like this one, painted canary yellow:

R4van.JPG

DAF had a bit of an image problem at home. Due to its variable transmission, it was popular with elderly drivers, particularly women. As a result no red-blooded male wanted to drive one. A Dutch expression for the car was "Truttenschudder met jarretel-aandrijving", roughly translated a "garter-driven cunt shaker".

Edited by Magere Hein
Truttenschudder added
  • Like 1

10iaq69.jpg

This was my first car, a bit of a deeper red was mine though. KMT150W, I think.