Bald rick

Room Lovely, Look You.

I've been rasping away and battling a cold for the last two and a half weeks (ran for an hour on Friday and had to keep stopping to cough cricket balls of phlegm into local hedges), but I braved the drive to Northampton Town last night and when Carlisle United's utterly brilliant headed second goal put the game firmly in our grasp I'll cop for fact I suddenly felt really well.

Feeling marginally shit again tonight, mind.

Nearly buying something on Monday and talking myself out of it, then finding it reduced by 30% on Wednesday. :)

• Like 1

Nearly buying something on Monday and talking myself out of it, then finding it reduced by 30% on Wednesday. :)

Most shops will do a price adjustment if you purchase something at full price, and then it goes on sale within 28 days. Not many people bother to go back to request it though.

Most shops will do a price adjustment if you purchase something at full price, and then it goes on sale within 28 days. Not many people bother to go back to request it though.

I didn't know that. Worth a try.

You may have to check what their individual policy is, but if I remember correctly Boots at least used to do that, Although now that they've been bought out by the U.S. company Walgreen's they should definitely have it in place.

You may have to check what their individual policy is, but if I remember correctly Boots at least used to do that, Although now that they've been bought out by the U.S. company Walgreen's they should definitely have it in place.

Boots wanted to charge me for ordering something which I would have collected from the shop. Insane. I ordered from Superdrug instead, who delivered it to my home free.

On the topic of companies extracting the piddle. Sainsbury's have a 4 quid metal champagne/fizz stopper (probably about a quid to make, but anyway).

There is also a neatly packaged Vacu de Vin or w/e it is in a box for 8.50 but the picture on the box isn't terribly helpful. Sooooo I tried to look in the box, no they sealed it with that sellotape stuff, ok, sod this, arrest me if you like, I picked off the tape and looked inside, yep, identical. No wonder they put it in a sealed box. Brand names eh?

Boots wanted to charge me for ordering something which I would have collected from the shop. Insane. I ordered from Superdrug instead, who delivered it to my home free.

Last Christmas I went to buy a 'Frozen' castle for my daughter at the guttural Walmart, $150 in store. Popped onto Walmart.com as I stood there, it was special of the day ($100)! Asked lady working registers but she said they don't honour online pricing but to order it and they'll have it as customer pickup later in the day. So I ordered it, shopped for groceries etc for an hour, got email saying my purchase was ready, walked to back of same store that had them for $150 on the floor and paid $100. Bizarre but it was a win.

SC

Last Christmas I went to buy a 'Frozen' castle for my daughter at the guttural Walmart, $150 in store. Popped onto Walmart.com as I stood there, it was special of the day ($100)! Asked lady working registers but she said they don't honour online pricing but to order it and they'll have it as customer pickup later in the day. So I ordered it, shopped for groceries etc for an hour, got email saying my purchase was ready, walked to back of same store that had them for $150 on the floor and paid $100. Bizarre but it was a win.

SC

Walmart are supposed to honour price adjustments, that's one of their selling points, even if it's ordered online.

Best Buy will do it if you press them and threaten to take your business elsewhere.

Target have always been good at marking prices down if it goes on sale either online or in store provided it's within 28 days (or longer if you use their store card)

Guest David

My summer holiday last year. My girlfriend and I - both massive Last of the Summer Wine fans - decided we would have another trip to Holmfirth and stay at the White Horse - where we had stayed the last time - as we had become great friends with Ron and Ruth who used to be the owners.We still stay in touch with them. If anyone on this forum has yet to stay at this delightful place, I thoroughly recommend it. Although Ron and Ruth sadly don't own the pub now, the new owners are very friendly and pleasant - and the Sunday roast beef and Yorkshire pudding is exquisite! Another nice pub that serves excellent meals is the White Cross in Huddersfield. Thoroughly recommended if you're planning to go to Yorkshire for your holidays.

My summer holiday last year. My girlfriend and I - both massive Last of the Summer Wine fans - decided we would have another trip to Holmfirth and stay at the White Horse - where we had stayed the last time - as we had become great friends with Ron and Ruth who used to be the owners.We still stay in touch with them. If anyone on this forum has yet to stay at this delightful place, I thoroughly recommend it. Although Ron and Ruth sadly don't own the pub now, the new owners are very friendly and pleasant - and the Sunday roast beef and Yorkshire pudding is exquisite! Another nice pub that serves excellent meals is the White Cross in Huddersfield. Thoroughly recommended if you're planning to go to Yorkshire for your holidays.

I fucking love you.

I was made to go to Sid's Cafe in Holmfirth while on a holiday when I was about 14 and a goth - you can imagine my utter enthusiasm and delight at being subjected to such an experience. I would gladly have rolled every old person in the place down a massive fucking hill in a bath to their deaths.

• Like 3

Guest David

LardBazaar, I'm sure you'd really enjoy it if you went back to Holmfirth now. No doubt your goth years are over now - and you're more mature. The White Horse is a lovely place to stay and you won't find a better Sunday lunch anywhere.

LardBazaar, I'm sure you'd really enjoy it if you went back to Holmfirth now. No doubt your goth years are over now - and you're more mature. The White Horse is a lovely place to stay and you won't find a better Sunday lunch anywhere.

Yes, of course, that is an exact reflection of me now :o

Yes, of course, that is an exact reflection of me now :o

Didn't the Visigoths grow into Vandals?

• Like 1

Guest David

Sorry, LardBazaar, I meant no offence by that last post I sent - and I hope none was taken. My best friend at school went through a goth phase - he's now in the police force. But I do thoroughly recommend a trip to Holmfirth again. The countryside is truly stunning and the scones at Sid's Cafe are amazing. Compo's exhibition's a bit expensive - but you'll still enjoy it. When we were on holiday, we had our photo taken sitting on Nora Batty's steps and I took one of my girlfriend standing beside the plastic figure of Compo outside The Wrinkled Stocking Tea Room. and if you do decide to take a trip to Holmfirth again, don't forget to call at St John's Church - as that's where Bill Owen now lies at peace - facing the stunning views.

My best friend at school went through a goth phase - he's now in the police force.

Hardly a 'profession' that exudes progression.

Now if goth - punk then at least it'd be a step up the food chain, but goth - bastard, not quite....

Guest David

Hi, Charon. My mate never got into the punk era of music - his dad did, though. He was a massive fan of the Undertones.

Undertones punk? That's a new one...

But if a fan, though not 'directly' related , get him to watch "Good Vibrations" from 2012? , about the life of Terry Hooley who started the record shop of that name in Belfast and promoted the Undertones to Peel.

Very witty, sharp and excellent soundtrack.

Undertones punk? That's a new one...

But if a fan, though not 'directly' related , get him to watch "Good Vibrations" from 2012? , about the life of Terry Hooley who started the record shop of that name in Belfast and promoted the Undertones to Peel.

Very witty, sharp and excellent soundtrack.

OK they were not the Sex Pistols but there is a middle-class rebellion angsty punk to the Undertones.

What would be the alternative description?

I know it's not new news, but I personally am really glad we'll never have to hear Jeremy Clarkson squawking "INTO GAMBOOOOOOOOOOOOON" again, in that really fucking annoying way.

Erm....... unless he suddenly decides gay sex with old actors is a good way to spice up his late 50s of course...

• Like 1

17 days of multi-session snooker, broadcast on free to air tv and a way of avoiding adverts during the breaks. Come on Selby put the curse to death once for all.

17 days of multi-session snooker, broadcast on free to air tv and a way of avoiding adverts during the breaks. Come on Selby put the curse to death once for all.

What curse is that? The number of times the remaining viewers are cursed to hear the ratty old BBC commentators mutter the world "Crucible" in a vain attempt to inject some artificial drama into an extremely faded tournament which has been rendered so by a clueless megalomaniac old fart who has so physically and mentally knackered his own already monosyllabic players by making them travel to every corner of Eastern Europe and backwater China to play in meaningless tournaments, that they have literally no inspiration left for what he describes as the "shop-window" of the sport? Or the curse of having the most dull set of qualifiers, and hence first-round line-up, probably ever in the televised history of the tournament.... and which again is probably Bazza's fault for screwing around with the qualifying rounds.

How is he supposed to break either of those curses, he's just one man! (BTW could someone move this to the Silly Sports thread?)

What curse is that? The number of times the remaining viewers are cursed to hear the ratty old BBC commentators mutter the world "Crucible" in a vain attempt to inject some artificial drama into an extremely faded tournament which has been rendered so by a clueless megalomaniac old fart who has so physically and mentally knackered his own already monosyllabic players by making them travel to every corner of Eastern Europe and backwater China to play in meaningless tournaments, that they have literally no inspiration left for what he describes as the "shop-window" of the sport? Or the curse of having the most dull set of qualifiers, and hence first-round line-up, probably ever in the televised history of the tournament.... and which again is probably Bazza's fault for screwing around with the qualifying rounds.

How is he supposed to break either of those curses, he's just one man! (BTW could someone move this to the Silly Sports thread?)

Oh for suck sakes Zorders, the qualifiers could be better but I've seen worse - you always get a couple of shit players in the first round. Although losing Michael White, Dechawat Poomjaeng, Jimmy White and Ken Doherty in the qualifiers was a bit annoying. The idea that the players have no inspiration left to win this is bollocks, the fact these long-session matches are so rare is only going to increase their drive to stay in the tournament: these guys grew up on multi-session snooker.

The curse he's actually trying to break, a I'm sure you a someone so versed in the logistical workings of snooker will be aware of, is the crucible curse that no first time defending champion has won.

Oh for suck sakes Zorders, the qualifiers could be better but I've seen worse - you always get a couple of shit players in the first round. Although losing Michael White, Dechawat Poomjaeng, Jimmy White and Ken Doherty in the qualifiers was a bit annoying. The idea that the players have no inspiration left to win this is bollocks, the fact these long-session matches are so rare is only going to increase their drive to stay in the tournament: these guys grew up on multi-session snooker.

The curse he's actually trying to break, a I'm sure you a someone so versed in the logistical workings of snooker will be aware of, is the crucible curse that no first time defending champion has won.

Couldn't agree more, if he had been in Round 1 it would have meant slightly less air-time for his horrendous droning commentary voice. Remember they got rid of Clive Everton to make room for that twat, "just cos he was a World Champ"? Couldn't they have just, like.... told him to go back to his paper-round?

I put it on for 20 minutes this morning, him and Virgo sound like two concentration camp prisoners.

This tournament is completely fucking stone fuck Jeff Buckley dead in the water, until Ronnie shows up (we have to wait til TUESDAY for that). And what if he doesn't entertain?

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more, if he had been in Round 1 it would have meant slightly less air-time for his horrendous droning commentary voice. Remember they got rid of Clive Everton to make room for that twat, "just cos he was a World Champ"? Couldn't they have just, like.... told him to go back to his paper-round?

I put it on for 20 minutes this morning, him and Virgo sound like two concentration camp prisoners.

This tournament is completely fucking stone fuck Jeff Buckley dead in the water, until Ronnie shows up (we have to wait til TUESDAY for that). And what if he doesn't entertain?

Watch on Eurosport for the commentators and put BBC on in the adbreaks for the features - best of both worlds.