Tuber Mirum

British Science Fiction Series

I am just disappointed they didnt give the job to a morbidly obese black lesbian muslim in a wheelchair :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

A black ginger.Rare combination that.

You misunderstand me.

Never heard of her. Cool.

She's not Kris Marshall, so she'll do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

You misunderstand me.

I was joking haha

The men should strike back with 'Dr Quinn: Medicine Man!

• Like 2

Can't believe how stuffy so many Doctor Who fans are being about this. The show needed a fresh think after the doldrums it was in during Capaldi's tenure, it'll be interesting to see where this goes. I wish her all the best, what scares me is the number of people on Doctor Who forums insisting that the Doctor is a man and they are switching off now, until a man is cast back in the role. The show has been on air for 55 years and the character has always been somewhat gender unknown.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

I am just disappointed they didnt give the job to a morbidly obese black lesbian muslim in a wheelchair :P

Who sexually identifies herself as a military helicopter.

• Like 3

They have been teasing about it for years. Honestly, it was only a matter of time before  a woman would get casted in the role. I'm not mad at this decision at all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

They have been teasing about it for years. Honestly, it was only a matter of time before  a woman would get casted in the role. I'm not mad at this decision at all.

The Masters been female for 3 years and it worked fine. Better than John Simm did in the RTD era, if you ask me.

Better a good actress than a Kris Marshall type anyday. B)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, msc said:

The Masters been female for 3 years and it worked fine. Better than John Simm did in the RTD era, if you ask me.

Better a good actress than a Kris Marshall type anyday. B)

I like her a lot.She is a very good actress which, quite frankly, is going to be lost on Dr Who, a franchise that has shed the wooden scenery over the decades but has failed to shift the wooden acting.

That's not a complaint as the show is what it is and I've enjoyed it in parts but she is going to shit all over her co stars and you wonder whether she will make it more than it is or will it ruin her cred or something.

Dr Who has punched above its weight getting her.

• Like 1

I have never seen her act so I can't comment on that. Nevertheless, the decision is political correctness gone mad. 

• Like 1

Don't worry, that third world war you're so keen on will wipe everyone out before then...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, msc said:

Don't worry, that third world war you're so keen on will wipe everyone out before then...

Don't worry. @Windsor's insurrectionists will destroy Scotland before then.

19 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Don't worry. @Windsor's insurrectionists will destroy Scotland before then.

:clivedunn:

1 hour ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Hmmm. They had made up their minds early they wanted a woman, so she was not chosen on merit against male candidates for the job:  https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07/16/thirteenth-doctor-who-woman-showrunner-chris-chibnall/

Btwn Jodie Whittaker's performance in Attack The Block and The Assets she already has a more impressive resume then most guys who were handed the lead role in the series history.

• Like 1

It's a big risk.She could potentially kill off her career if it all goes wrong. I hope she does OK for the sake of the show and her

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

It's a big risk.She could potentially kill off her career if it all goes wrong. I hope she does OK for the sake of the show and her

It is indeed a big risk.  

For one thing, Rey has apparently proved unpopular with Star Wars fans, at least in the US market:  

"In early 2016, Hasbro updated the 2015 Star Wars: Monopoly game to add a Rey token. This product was sold to retailers in several markets around the world but is not available for sale in the U.S. due to insufficient interest."

https://www.outerplaces.com/science-fiction/item/16432-star-wars-monopoly-rey-insufficient-interest

Apparently they found that young boys would be put off by the character, so they deliberately focused on marketing Kylo Ren instead.  "We know what sells,” the industry insider claims to have been told. “No boy wants to be given a product with a female character on it”."

It also comes a month after this academic prank, which is making waves:

http://www.skeptic.com/reading_room/conceptual-penis-social-contruct-sokal-style-hoax-on-gender-studies/

:)  :)  :)  

Once it reaches the point of parody, it is over for the transgender fad.

14 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Btwn Jodie Whittaker's performance in Attack The Block and The Assets she already has a more impressive resume then most guys who were handed the lead role in the series history.

As a reality check here I haven't watched DW since I was a kid and often switched off in conversations where my fellow adults rated Tennant against Matt Smith etc. But I may well  give Jodie Whittaker a look in. Actually rated her in a range of stuff Attack the Block/ Broadchurch and Adult Life Skills are totally different roles and she was pretty good in Venus as well. Doubt very much she'll play it as any kind of stereotypical female. They've gone for a really good character actress who's also really funny when she needs to be.

• Like 1

Sad news.

Broken by Big Finish, so true.

16 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Rumours on twitter that Trevor Baxter has died.

Shock from his pleasant afternoon watching Wimbledon being ruined?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

As a reality check here I haven't watched DW since I was a kid and often switched off in conversations where my fellow adults rated Tennant against Matt Smith etc. But I may well  give Jodie Whittaker a look in. Actually rated her in a range of stuff Attack the Block/ Broadchurch and Adult Life Skills are totally different roles and she was pretty good in Venus as well. Doubt very much she'll play it as any kind of stereotypical female. They've gone for a really good character actress who's also really funny when she needs to be.

Who the hell is even having that argument. Tennant is the better Doctor, they were genuinely worried the show might die when he left, no-one had that concern with Matt Smith as good as he was.

23 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Who the hell is even having that argument. Tennant is the better Doctor, they were genuinely worried the show might die when he left, no-one had that concern with Matt Smith as good as he was.

Some people at work were having that argument - some of those involved were so young Tennant was really before their time. Which - sort of - is the point. There was a link somewhere hereabouts to David Mitchell's podcast with him making the point that every generation rates its own doctor as the best. A point alluded to in this 50th anniversary - pre-Capaldi - trawl of who is really the best (Tom Baker, apparently). I'll bore this forum some other day about the time I nearly knocked him over when I was out running

Link: http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2013/11/best-doctor-50th-anniversary-poll-top-5-doctors