Octopus of Odstock

Derby Dead Pool 2008

Why did the DL submit a team of only 19 candidates to the DDP?

*whispers* They put in Frankie Laine, despite the fact he died last year. He was even on the first post of this years 50! :rolleyes:

I had a little discussion with GR just minutes after the list was put into motion and his excuse on the Frankie Laine incident was something along the lines of 'glitch in the software' which now that I only see 19 names on the 'www.deathlist.net' DDP team I'm now fully aware that the software is and has long been up to date.

Anyway I'm watching the DDP standings like a malicious Steinbrenner waiting ever so ambitiously.

*whispers* They put in Frankie Laine, despite the fact he died last year. He was even on the first post of this years 50! :skull:

Oh dear. Don't we get a replacement candidate?

I thought that the DL top 20 generally went onto the DDP?

I'm sure that if you asked nicely, OOO would look down on us with sympathy. Unless it is going to be the official excuse for the DL not winning the DDP...

I'm sure that if you asked nicely, OOO would look down on us with sympathy. Unless it is going to be the official excuse for the DL not winning the DDP...

If the DL (or any other team that did the same thing - only one team - who picked Gene Pitney - noticed their error!) had noticed their mistake & sent me an e-mail, I would've let them off. As it was, I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing! :skull:

PS Thanks for the heads-up for the pic info DDT. Depending on whether or not George Moore gets a UK obit in the next few days and also depending on Suharto finally dying, I'll update the scoreboard before the weekend.

So we are not getting a replacement?

Ah well. Rules are rules.

If the DL (or any other team that did the same thing - only one team - who picked Gene Pitney - noticed their error!) had noticed their mistake & sent me an e-mail, I would've let them off. As it was, I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing! :skull:

PS Thanks for the heads-up for the pic info DDT. Depending on whether or not George Moore gets a UK obit in the next few days and also depending on Suharto finally dying, I'll update the scoreboard before the weekend.

Does this count?

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/articl...rned/article.do

So we are not getting a replacement?

Ah well. Rules are rules.

'Fraid so. If I made an exception for Deathlist, I'd have to do the same for all the others who put down dead celebs, and that wouldn't be fair on those who named 20 perfectly legal celebs. :skull:

BTW, I have gone through the site tonight & made a note of out-of-date info, spelling mistakes, dodgy pics, things that need linking and - in the case of Cliff Morgan - double entries! I have also been e-mailed regards a few team details, picks that were actually somebody else (despite my requests - nay pleas for more info), so there's a little bit of cosmetic work to be done, both on & off-site.

Most of these should be sorted out at the next update (or one after that, depending on who dies soon), as well as hopefully updating the inane analysis, sorting out 2008/2007 crossover tabs etc.

I would like to start sorting out the missing pics in late January & then we should be there, more or less. If you notice any more irregulaties after the next two updates or so, anyone, can you let me know?

Ta!

EDIT - Re. Miser - no - it's a local paper - but there will be plenty of obits within the next 12 hours, I'm sure. Yahoo Eurosport UK doesn't count either. It'll be in most of the papers & BBC tomorrow, I should think.

Does this count?

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/articl...rned/article.do

If not, then this should do it

Yep, as does this brief snippet too.

Tucked away wasn't it? He'll get proper obits though, he's regarded as being 'up there' among the greats along

with Piggott and Richards.

Right, time to change my signature...:skull:

Yep, as does this brief snippet too.

Tucked away wasn't it? He'll get proper obits though, he's regarded as being 'up there' among the greats along

Right, time to change my signature...;)

Hey TMIB congratulations, you're on a roll, two down already, could be your year. Now, about this gloating....

It ain't over till it's over.....or summat.

Though I'll admit to looking in awe at a team that scores - on average - once every 4.5 days. Superb deadpooling TMIB.

Right, time to change my signature...;)

I'll try this signature thing....

Quotation fixed [HCW]

It ain't over till it's over.....or summat.

Though I'll admit to looking in awe at a team that scores - on average - once every 4.5 days. Superb deadpooling TMIB.

Eh? Whose this 'other' one which has fallen? I thought it was only George Moore? ;)

Yes. I know now... ;)

See The Dead thread for my astonished reaction.

What a Start!

Yes. I know now... :)

What a Start!

Well done. Why Roy Scheider? ;)

Yes. I know now... :)

What a Start!

Well done. Why Roy Scheider? ;)

Good God, he's not another one is he? :)

Do I have to give my secrets away? ;)

(Look in his Wikipedia entry, then look at the entry for what he's suffering with and draw your own conclusion!)

Do I have to give my secrets away? :)

(Look in his Wikipedia entry, then look at the entry for what he's suffering with and draw your own conclusion!)

Yes....please to be giving all your secrets away. Much abliged. ;)

Yes....please to be giving all your secrets away. Much abliged. ;)

You're doing well enough as it is, especially for a rookie!

3 hits in 10 days, not a bad start for both of us...:)

Yes....please to be giving all your secrets away. Much abliged. :)

You're doing well enough as it is, especially for a rookie!

3 hits in 10 days, not a bad start for both of us...;)

Agreed....I probably won't get another until July. ;)

Knight Knight have also scored two hits already with Sir John Harvey Jones and Sir Edmund Hillary.

As I figure it The Man in Black is the new leader with 21 points. Congrats.

Unique DDP pick Maila Nurmi, who played a sultry vampress by the name of Vampira, when Elvira was only two, has walked into the sunset (or perhaps, in her case, the sunlight), but thus far only garnered two small-time obits.