Octopus of Odstock

Derby Dead Pool 2008

Taking this into perspective I'm surprised to hear Suzanne Pleshette is gone because the main reason I excluded her from my 2008 Master Mind team was because reports were consistent that she insisted her cancer was none existent. Anyway the outcome is real and the risk proves itself to serve the purpose and as anybody would have guessed Don Wittman has so- far failed to receive the so called required 'BBC Obituary'

Suwhoreto is unfortunately making a dramatic recovery after suffering from so many ailments it would have convinced the most blind - pessimistic - theme team orientated - mother f****r to believe that it was the real deal but he is giving it a fight and I'm starting to believe that news papers never fail to exaggerate the circumstances. By some miracle the cash chugging Suwhoreto lives on ... for now.

Anyway Pavle has regained a stable condition while Archbishop Christodolous is at his final show down. I also want to congratulate this Miser individual for taking first place in DDP while The Man In Black has also had this Ayers individual who was very unique I want to say - both good teams. If the "Misers' team only had Pausch as their joker I would be intimidated.

THANKS! As for Pausch....I wasn't sure if he would garner a UK obit

No, no, he's on 19. Wittman's worth 7 points so that makes it 26.

No obit yet mind...

TMIB is right, but I don't think Wittmann will get that obit. If someone like June Callwood doesn't, what hope some Canadian curling commentator?!

Mind, I also thought Allan Melvin wouldn't get an obit, so, that shows how much I know. For those that picked Wittman, they need to hope that the next few days are quiet death-wise, otherwise I can't see it happening for them.

I'll hang on for a day or so, before I update de Cazenave - I need to think of a suitable pun yet...

Yeah but if the Telegraph see fit to mark the passing of Eddie 'Bozo' Miller owt is possible this week.

'The tension mounts......' as Wittman might once have said.

Yeah but if the Telegraph see fit to mark the passing of Eddie 'Bozo' Miller owt is possible this week.

'The tension mounts......' as Wittman might once have said.

Wonder if Ledger stories may have doomed a Wittman obit??

Well, I did say earlier this week that it needed a quiet week - and in fact, it has been anything but. What is even worse for Wittman watchers is:-

1) His funeral has taken place with no extra news agencies picking it up

2) The Associated Press haven't picked it up at all yet

3) There were only 3 press reports of his passing in the last 36 hours

4) There have been just 7 non-Canadian reports of his death in total

I would say the only chance he has is an obit in The Independent - they tend to be more global & have more "Off-the-wall" type obits, but, as I said before, if they don't for one of Canada's most famed writers (Callwood), why would they for a foreign winter sports commentator?

Well, I did say earlier this week that it needed a quiet week - and in fact, it has been anything but. What is even worse for Wittman watchers is:-

1) His funeral has taken place with no extra news agencies picking it up

2) The Associated Press haven't picked it up at all yet

3) There were only 3 press reports of his passing in the last 36 hours

4) There have been just 7 non-Canadian reports of his death in total

I would say the only chance he has is an obit in The Independent - they tend to be more global & have more "Off-the-wall" type obits, but, as I said before, if they don't for one of Canada's most famed writers (Callwood), why would they for a foreign winter sports commentator?

He qualified in my US game (glad because I used him there), I think mostly because he was known in hockey circles.

Wittman obit in International Herald Tribune quoting an AP feed. So near, and yet so far for DDP. He nudged into last place in the Carkers Convention team I filed, only because Benazir Bhutto failed to start.

Wittman obit in International Herald Tribune quoting an AP feed. So near, and yet so far for DDP. He nudged into last place in the Carkers Convention team I filed, only because Benazir Bhutto failed to start.

About the best chance of an international obit he's got so far is ESPN,MSNBC and on Sports Illustrated

About the best chance of an international obit he's got so far is ESPN,MSNBC and on Sports Illustrated

So to clarify, Canadian hockey broadcaster Don Wittman has died, whilst American crooner (and star of 10 million ads shown during after school specials) Slim Whitman remains alive. Former NJ Governor Christie Whitman has been reported watching endless loops of The Terminator to figure out if she's next.

I like Wiki's line about his death: "On January 19, 2008, Wittman died as a result of cancer in a Winnipeg hospital surrounded by his family"

Makes it sound like grandma and grandpa were planning to storm the E/R.

So to clarify, Canadian hockey broadcaster Don Wittman has died, whilst American crooner (and star of 10 million ads shown during after school specials) Slim Whitman remains alive. Former NJ Governor Christie Whitman has been reported watching endless loops of The Terminator to figure out if she's next

I'm holding out for my own DDP UP, George Whitman. Anyone who uses lit candles to trim their hair is, quite literally, playing with fire.

Suharto is dead, so points go to the following teams:

A. L. F.

David the Aspie

Deceased Hose

Hardwood Surround

Hunting Halos

Kackers United

Lord Football's Terminally Ill XX

Mr C

Pure Dead Brilliant

Puzlman's Passing Picks

See, I Told You I Was Sick!

Siegfried Baboon's Baboon Colony Show, Feat. David Van Day

The Conqueror Worm

They Died And Left Me In Charge

Tonight Matthew I'm Going To Be Badly-Torn Boy

Wawix World

So far, I'm relatively pleased that I'm just about keeping on top of things, but blimey, o'reilly, what a busy month!

3 hits in one day, so it looks like I'll have to do another update today as I won't be at home for much of the next few days.

I think TMIB is still leading (just), but I'll confirm that later - but certainly the competition is hotting up, no?

These latest two deaths also would be the death knell of Wittman getting a contempary obit, but maybe there will be a mention yet somewhere down the line, who knows?

As for me, I still have 0, as I thought Christodolous would struggle to get a UK obit. :rolleyes: It makes the accusations of cheating before the DDP started somewhat laughable when some players have 5 hits in the first month & yours truly is on nothing! :lol:

Ah well, never mind, I'm enjoying running it & I hope as many teams as possible score points & do well this year.

As for me, I still have 0, as I thought Christodolous would struggle to get a UK obit. :rolleyes: It makes the accusations of cheating before the DDP started somewhat laughable when some players have 5 hits in the first month & yours truly is on nothing! :lol:

Perhaps the pressure applied helped to control your cheating urges. :lol:

Anyway. Even I must admit that you are doing a good job.

Perhaps the pressure applied helped to control your cheating urges. :lol:

Anyway. Even I must admit that you are doing a good job.

Great job. Definately not a cheater...maybe not much on Obit judgment as Christodolous got an almost instant BBC obit.

Guest ooo

Hi Guys,

e-mail server keeps playing up, so can't send the updates for now & have put a message up on the front page - the site's been updated for Stoney, Rolt, Yogi & Morse, with TMIB still in the lead!

Still need to sort the e-mail mularkey out, but whilst waiting for Whitney & Amte to get an obit, one score updated, will be that of Brad Renfro, who died of a heroin & morphine overdose.

Well done to the Winged Devil Monkeys.

I'm certain that Amte will get a mention. I wasn't so sure about Whitney, but if Azerbaijan thinks she's worth an obit, I'm sure one will turn up somewhere within the next few days. :rolleyes:

Hi Guys,

e-mail server keeps playing up, so can't send the updates for now & have put a message up on the front page - the site's been updated for Stoney, Rolt, Yogi & Morse, with TMIB still in the lead!

With Stoney's obit that puts me and Magic in equal position on DDP. Is this the first time a couple have been er tied together on DDP?

Congrats to MIB for another hit!

Congrats to MIB for another hit!

Well I've got to keep you guys off my back haven't I! :rolleyes:

It's looking good. I've scored more points in the opening 6 weeks of 2008, than I did for the whole of 2007...

Here's for the good run to continue...

Congratulations on another cracking pick MIB. Selfishly, however, I am growing increasingly worried about Baba Amte who's in my team. I felt sure he would get an obit. But nothing yet.

Congratulations on another cracking pick MIB. Selfishly, however, I am growing increasingly worried about Baba Amte who's in my team. I felt sure he would get an obit. But nothing yet.

That's what you get for picking obscure people who I suggested, Godot. :rolleyes:

MIB is called MIB because he's nowt but charred remains these days, when it comes to deadpooling this boy is on fire!

Respect