maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

The mother of supermodel Imam, or let's say, David Bowie's mother-in-law, Maryan Baadi:

http://www.closerweekly.com/posts/iman-mother-died-david-bowie-97297

That's bad luck, losing your husband and then your mum in the space of just a couple of months.

Some would say bad luck, I'd say RESULT.

If I had manic depression I'd still chuckle at that one. :hatsoff:

It's called bipolar disorder these days and as a sufferer I've never laughed at anything, ever!

I do apologise, personality psychology isn't my strong point so I shall leave it at that. Sorry Cat.

• Like 1

I do apologise, personality psychology isn't my strong point so I shall leave it at that. Sorry Cat.

Accepted sir; can't give you more than one like, so I'll do it on your next post. :)

From Valerie Bertinelli's FB page:

"Anybody got some extra prayers for my pops ❤️ today I would surely appreciate it. He's headed into surgery now. "

A family friend says Alma Brown, the widow of Ron Brown, who served as Commerce secretary under President Bill Clinton, has died. She was 76
SC

Guest Clinton/Bush crime family

A family friend says Alma Brown, the widow of Ron Brown, who served as Commerce secretary under President Bill Clinton, has died. She was 76

SC

Wonder if she too was a victim of: The Clinton Body Count. Google it if you do not know about how dangerous it can be to have someone in the Clinton Crime Family angry at you.

Death Notice for Daphne Fairbanks, eldest child of Douglas Fairbanks Jr, aged 75. http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/201578/fairbanks

Douglas not mentioned anywhere in that obit.

I'm not wrong, it's definitely her...look up The Peerage Page on her, the Sunday Express article where she comments on her son Dominick, etc etc.

Death Notice for Daphne Fairbanks, eldest child of Douglas Fairbanks Jr, aged 75. http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/201578/fairbanks

I'm not wrong, it's definitely her...look up The Peerage Page on her, the Sunday Express article where she comments on her son Dominick, etc etc.

Don't get all defensive. First, if you've posted something that doesn't buttress the point being proferred, you've presented incompetent evidence. Sounds like it's the Peerage Page that you needed to link to then. The onus isn't on anyone else to go 'look up' anything. As for an article that talks about her discussing her son, again If it doesn't mention her FATHER it fails to make your point and the only reason she would be posted in this thread. I've no fucking idea who Douglas Fairbanks GRANDCHILDREN are.

Now before you respond Y-Dub, re-read my first four words.

SC

Don't get all defensive. First, if you've posted something that doesn't buttress the point being proferred, you've presented incompetent evidence. Sounds like it's the Peerage Page that you needed to link to then. The onus isn't on anyone else to go 'look up' anything. As for an article that talks about her discussing her son, again If it doesn't mention her FATHER it fails to make your point and the only reason she would be posted in this thread. I've no fucking idea who Douglas Fairbanks GRANDCHILDREN are.

SC

Willz, you appear to have picked a fight with William Regal.

• Like 1

SC

Willz, you appear to have picked a fight with William Regal.

Hey, I'm not bothered/being defensive at all. I like the idea of making people work further for their information. You learn more by looking up the wonderful wide web about people whose deaths are reported here, I find. It's a death notice for Douglas Fairbanks Jr's eldest daughter. Go find out more about him, his family, his amazing heritage and what the folks are up to these days. I find that much more interesting: it's not for everyone, I'll readily admit.

• Like 1

SC

So what if it doesn't mention her father's name? She's still dead. That's what YW reported, and he linked to the obit announcement, as is proper. He isn't obliged to supply a complete family tree.

"Incompetent evidence", my butt-dance.gif

• Like 3

Phil Sayer, who instructed us to 'Mind The Gap' has died.

He was previously a presenter on BBC GMR (Manchester).

Soon to be Underground for ever.

(Copied from the separate thread I started in error.)

A bit of a success story over metastasized breast cancer and a 2-months-to-live diagnosis -- 5 years ago! Bekki Nill, the wife of hockey's Dallas Stars' GM Jim Nill, had a recent write-up about her current recovery. Meaning she's one to keep an eye on.

SC

Are they related to Aston Villa Nil?

Famous last words before going down.

Edit:

Was he also the voice of the break every year during the new years eve fireworks on TV? Here is the display of 2012 which, in my opinion, has never been matched in it's total awesomeness! Th coordination between display and music was incredible. Just see how Firestarter looks. "Mind the gap" comes at 8'48" followed by the finale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=q1yLRK2M8YQ

The dad of Nascar Xfinity Series star Erik Jones has been recently diagnosed with cancer

I hope I'm posting in the right thread...

Even the death of his father can't convince The Edge to take off his fucking smelly beanie

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3550409/Bono-Larry-Mullen-Jr-Adam-Clayton-turn-support-U2-guitarist-Edge-father-s-funeral.html

He could at least have worn a proper hat for the funeral.

Michelle Mcnamara & Patton Oswalt.

I've never heard of either of them.

Is this a reflection of their fame or my knowledge of popular culture?

• Like 1

Michelle Mcnamara & Patton Oswalt.

I've never heard of either of them.

Is this a reflection of their fame or my knowledge of popular culture?

I'm sure they are much more famous than that nobody, Victoria Wood. :glare:

• Like 1

One is the daughter of the ex US secretary of defence defense, or it might have been a tennis doubles player, not sure. The other made lightbulbs.

Edit to fix spelling, none of your nasty Brit spelling for an American politician here.