Jump to content
Death in Vegas

Time Added

Recommended Posts

Footy fans with more spare time than me today

 

What's the nature of this "incident" involving Man Utd's £80million Slabhead?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Footy fans with more spare time than me today

 

What's the nature of this "incident" involving Man Utd's £80million Slabhead?

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53860014

 

He was arrrested in Mykonos.  I assume for being a bang average defender who Man United shat themselves and overpaid for by £79million

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wee Jum said:

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53860014

 

He was arrrested in Mykonos.  I assume for being a bang average defender who Man United shat themselves and overpaid for by £79million

 

 

Yeah, been reading it in the paper this morning - fighting with Greek police, apparently - more Roy Keane in him than we thought, then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Maple Ridge Olympian" has stage IV lymphoma:

https://www.mapleridgenews.com/community/maple-ridge-rallies-behind-former-olympian-diagnosed-with-aggressive-cancer/

 

A little hidden is the fact that the person Sven Habermann was a Canadian goalkeeper at the 1986 World Cup. (who did not have play time though)

 

That said, he has beaten it for now. But it's never going away and he needs constant medication.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pat McCluskey, formerly of Celtic, plus a clutch of other Scottish fitba clubs, has died aged 68.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aw really sad - John Courtenay, who - long story short - saved Carlisle United from bankruptcy and left it solvent and fit for a rebuild. Despite the club plunging out of the league for a year nobody blamed him (though our enthusiasm for Roddy Collins, the manager he brought in wasn't so great). Met him a few times because he always had time for the fans and would typically get off the team coach and banter a bit with us before heading into a ground. 

 

Died of dementia aged 70

 

Large

 

 

https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2020/august/a-fond-farewell-to-former-owner-john-courtenay/?fbclid=IwAR0exhTmYiJlPyplDQNcfIZ6nUOhdKbYzFthiMFtsO2juMwahw48aOhaPp4

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That former goalkeeper Davies has gone...

 

Fred Davies, former Wolves & Bournemouth 'keeper, and manager of Shrewbury Town has died aged 81.

 

Lead The Shrews to the third division championship (1993/94) and to their first Wembley appearance (1996) for the Auto Windscreens Shield final.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/09/2010 at 17:28, Magere Hein said:

Danish international Brian Laudrup is being treated for a mild case of lymphoma.

 

This might be the first sign of a mild case of death.

 

regards,

Hein

After ten years of treatment, Brian Laudrup is healed:

https://kurier.at/sport/fussball/die-daenische-fussball-legende-brian-laudrup-hat-den-krebs-besiegt/401031686 (austrian link)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lebanese footballer Mohamed Atwi has died aged 32. He was reportedly struck by a falling bullet fired into the air by a mourner from a funeral for a firefighter killed in the port explosion of last month. (Sorry, not the most elegant sentence there!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, time said:

Lebanese footballer Mohamed Atwi has died aged 32. He was reportedly struck by a falling bullet fired into the air by a mourner from a funeral for a firefighter killed in the port explosion of last month. (Sorry, not the most elegant sentence there!)

 

The Apostrophe Society  http://www.apostrophe.org.uk/  would have your fucking arse for that sentence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

 

The Apostrophe Society  http://www.apostrophe.org.uk/  would have your fucking arse for that sentence. 

Why? I haven't missed any apostrophes that should be there nor added any that shouldn't. (Unless, of course, I have. Or haven't)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, time said:

Why? I haven't missed any apostrophes that should be there nor added any that shouldn't. (Unless, of course, I have. Or haven't)

The youth of today.  So very sad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, time said:

Why? I haven't missed any apostrophes that should be there nor added any that shouldn't. (Unless, of course, I have. Or haven't)

 

Not really, but the use of an apostrophe could shorten that sentence a little.  Is this better?

He was reportedly struck by a falling bullet fired into the air by a mourner at a funeral for a firefighter killed in last month's port explosion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reg Harrison, the last survivor from Derby County's 1946 FA Cup-winning side, has died aged 97.

A right-winger, he played as an outside right in final in 1946, playing on the same flank as the legendary Raich Carter

 

He made 254 appearances for the Rams in total and scored 52 goals between 1944 and 1955.

He also turned out as a wartime guest player for Sheffield United, Notts County, Charlton Athletic and Hartlepools United.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/legend-fans-pay-tribute-derby-4527435

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

England Footballer Leah Williamson.

From Twitter..." Leah Williamson has been withdrawn from the squad as a precaution, there is nothing further we can add..."

:sherlock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MarcJWallace said:

Reg Harrison, the last survivor from Derby County's 1946 FA Cup-winning side, has died aged 97.

A right-winger, he played as an outside right in final in 1946, playing on the same flank as the legendary Raich Carter

 

He made 254 appearances for the Rams in total and scored 52 goals between 1944 and 1955.

He also turned out as a wartime guest player for Sheffield United, Notts County, Charlton Athletic and Hartlepools United.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/legend-fans-pay-tribute-derby-4527435

Any idea the earliest FA Cup Final to still have a surviving player?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deathrace said:

Any idea the earliest FA Cup Final to still have a surviving player?

1953 - Doug Holden. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Nigeria Football Federation has announced the death of another member of its Executive Committee, Musa Duhu.

In a statement posted on its official twitter account Sunday, the NFF confirmed that Mr Duhu, who is also the chairman of the Adamawa State Football Association, died Saturday night after a brief illness.
SC

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/06/2020 at 22:45, Grande Pablo said:

 

The link might not get you to the full story, but on local social media the Independent Walsall Supporters Association have reported Chris Nicholl was victim to an 'unsavory incident' earlier this week whilst attempting to continue to live independently (as assumedly his dementia worsens) in the north Walsall suburb of Bloxwich, so has now been moved to Southampton with family for his on safety.  For those of you unaware of the area, Bloxwich is a lawless shithole.

 

Was a great player in his day for Villa & others.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grande Pablo said:

 

The link might not get you to the full story, but on local social media the Independent Walsall Supporters Association have reported Chris Nicholl was victim to an 'unsavory incident' earlier this week whilst attempting to continue to live independently (as assumedly his dementia worsens) in the north Walsall suburb of Bloxwich, so has now been moved to Southampton with family for his on safety.  For those of you unaware of the area, Bloxwich is a lawless shithole.

 

Was a great player in his day for Villa & others.

 

 

I met Chris Nicholl when he was manager of Southampton, which to me feels like only yesterday. Lovely, lovely man. His plight saddens me greatly. 

Quality player by all accounts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the misfortune to play cricket in a public park in bloxwich a few  years ago. Once we cleared the dogshit off the wicket some 'travelling folk ' decide to drive their horses at us during the game.

Every year we play bloxwich we end up conceding the fixture because the rain dance didnt work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use