Sign in to follow this  
harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

Alain Robert AKA Spider-Man

Spiderfrog's been at it again:

French Spiderman Climbs Li Ka-Shing’s Hong Kong Tower

The picture accompanying the story is totally convincing.

From the article:

"He told reporters after the climb he did the stunt to raise awareness about global warming and push for cuts in emissions at a global conference being held in Copenhagen later this year.

“If the world leaders don’t make meaningful and aggressive decisions in the Copenhagen Conference and reduce the greenhouse emissions by 50 percent, in 100 months, we’ll reach the point of no return and it will be the end of the world,” he said."

Hmmm, 8 1/3 years to cut greenhouse emissions by 50 percent. Unless LFN is right and the LHC magically solves modern energy production, I'm going to guess that isn't going to happen, so it will soon time to start preparing our doomsday capsules.

• Like 1

Spiderfrog's been at it again:

French Spiderman Climbs Li Ka-Shing's Hong Kong Tower

The picture accompanying the story is totally convincing.

From the article:

"He told reporters after the climb he did the stunt to raise awareness about global warming and push for cuts in emissions at a global conference being held in Copenhagen later this year.

"If the world leaders don't make meaningful and aggressive decisions in the Copenhagen Conference and reduce the greenhouse emissions by 50 percent, in 100 months, we'll reach the point of no return and it will be the end of the world," he said."

Hmmm, 8 1/3 years to cut greenhouse emissions by 50 percent. Unless LFN is right and the LHC magically solves modern energy production, I'm going to guess that isn't going to happen, so it will soon time to start preparing our doomsday capsules.

With all those stunts where did he find time to become an expert climatologist? If he really wanted to raise awareness, he should have gone SPLAT! Its a much bigger story then.

With all those stunts where did he find time to become an expert climatologist? If he really wanted to raise awareness, he should have gone SPLAT! Its a much bigger story then.

CLIMBatologist. boom boom.

sorry.

If he is so against global warming, I think he should have a go at climbing that burnt CCTV/hotel skyscraper in Beijing.

Top ski-BASE jumper Shane McConkey, the 'Jim Carrey of the ski world', has choked to death on a ham sandwich.

Not really, he fell off a mountain. (article written by Edward Stoner :P )

How about "Jetman" Yves Rossy, about to fly the channel as I type?

Less successful in his attempt to fly from Africa to Europe.

In dire Straits.

Was just thinking about Alain Robert and mad bastards in general and I was reminded of Felix Baumgartner the Austrian B.A.S.E jumper.

Anyone who does a parachute jump from 95 feet is looking for trouble really.

Or, indeed, 120,000 feet.

Alex Honnold makes Mr Robert's attempts look like a brisk jog up the escalator, but presumably climbing up 800ft tall sheer rock faces without ropes or nets might be slightly dangerous, so one to "keep an eye on".

And I'm seriously thinking of
for my 2012 DDP list. Why does he bother wearing a crash helmet?

Think you might be right watching this...

Incredible!! But this guy can't have long to go because accidents do happen....

Although he managed to survive too!

Why he wears a crash helmet. His broken legs are a serious setback in his bid to end it all before the year's out.

Why he wears a crash helmet. His broken legs are a serious setback in his bid to end it all before the year's out.

Oh, thats bad luck - for both of you.

If you feel like a change next year, may I humbly suggest Dan "The Man" Witchalls, a base jumping addict who was the subject of a Channel 4 documentary a couple of years ago. I really don't think he'll live to claim his pension. Mrs DDT has him on her DDP team and is convinced she'll get her points before too long.

Mrs DDT has him on her DDP team and is convinced she'll get her points before too long.

That is romantic, no bull. Mrs MPFC - sort of - get's it, but active involvement in this business is unlikely to follow.

Mrs DDT has him on her DDP team and is convinced she'll get her points before too long.

That is romantic, no bull. Mrs MPFC - sort of - get's it, but active involvement in this business is unlikely to follow.

Not that romantic. It doesn't look as if DDT gives her many of his surefire tips. Still it's nice to have a hobby you can share.

How Jeb survived. Looking at this I don't know how he survived. He's my hero.

Gary Connery, a 42 year-old stuntman is preparing to jump out of a helicopter at 2,400 ft and land without using a parachute.

He'll be using a wingsuit, and there are 18,600 boxes to break his fall (and he'll be packing an emergency 'chute, just in case).

Gary Connery, a 42 year-old stuntman is preparing to jump out of a helicopter at 2,400 ft and land without using a parachute.

He'll be using a wingsuit, and there are 18,600 boxes to break his fall (and he'll be packing an emergency 'chute, just in case).

About 15 minutes to take-off.

Film of the event. (Bit boring really,) Gironimooooooo He's the first one out the chopper. I don't know what the second object was.

I don't remember what I was doing when Elvis or John Lennon died, but I fairly vividly recall watching this bit of news footage, of the patriach of the Flying Wallenda family suddenly deciding to retire in the middle of a tightrope walk.

Neither flying nor well-ending

Not for the faint hearted, so look away now if you're not hard enough.

Young Nik Wallenda's obviously never seen that clip of his great-grandad.

Newark mayor Cory Booker said he was grateful for the publicity but added: 'We're doing everything we can to lift the city and it would have been tragic if he had fallen.'

Young Nik is to cross Niagara Falls by tightrope next Friday night (15th).