Sign in to follow this  
harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

Alain Robert AKA Spider-Man

Young Nik is to cross Niagara Falls by tightrope next Friday night (15th).

Apparently ABC is making him wear a harness. He's never worn one so he's concerned it will affect his equilibrium. Personally, I'd be super-glued to the tightrope.

• Like 1

Young Nik is to cross Niagara Falls by tightrope next Friday night (15th).

Apparently ABC is making him wear a harness. He's never worn one so he's concerned it will affect his equilibrium. Personally, I'd be super-glued to the tightrope.

Note that there was no comment as this event went off without incident.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2170065/Prince-Air-conquers-Niagara-Falls-tightrope-EIGHTY-ONE-skywalks-1-200ft-air.html

This old geezer Jay Cochrane is doing 600ft high wire walks every day for 11 weeks without safety harnesses - doing it once is daft enough - doing it that often surely raises the chances of a gust of wind sending him into DL points heaven!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-18994387

Does anyone know it falling faster than the speed of sound may actually be fatal. I can emagine a situation where the greater part of your body is creating more drag than the roundness of your head and the shock wave breaks your neck!

Guess if Felix makes the jump we will know...

http://www.space.com...ic-skydive.html

More details on the jump...

Said to be on Monday.

I suggested him for DL back in 2007. May even have had him on DDP or HDP. Can't actually remember.

But according to this BBC report it's incredibly dangerous to try that sort of thing and people who do tend to die.

Could end up the most spectacular DDP hit yet...

http://www.space.com...ic-skydive.html

More details on the jump...

Said to be on Monday.

I suggested him for DL back in 2007. May even have had him on DDP or HDP. Can't actually remember.

But according to this BBC report it's incredibly dangerous to try that sort of thing and people who do tend to die.

Could end up the most spectacular DDP hit yet...

Or the biggest damp squib - postponed - again.

Felix is on his way to the edge of space!!

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=MrIxH6DToXQ#!

Been watching it for the last 45 minutes. Bit boring so far.........

Until he gets asked about Gas cookers on his way down.................... (very very old and unfunny gag)

Bet he is bricking it now...

Very well done Felix.

We need Ali's mathematical genius. If he fails, will he manage to spread himself over more than a hectare?

We need Ali's mathematical genius. If he fails, will he manage to spread himself over more than a hectare?

Well, it all seems to have happened relatively splatless, so that question is academic. The answer, btw, is no, because his terminal velocity would be something like 200-300 km/h, which would of course kill him on impact, but certainly not scatter him over any appreciable area.

regards,

Hein

Just seen a wiki death entry for Felix Baumgartner... Find it hard to believe...

Edit... Yes so hard to believe because it's just disappeared. Hoax news is a pittyfull act done by dimwits.

It's all gone horribly wrong for stuntman Sailen Nath Roy.

Roy (45) was crossing the turbulent river by hanging from a pulley tied to his ponytail this afternoon. The tragedy took place when the pulley got stuck and he could not move it despite attempts.

The people helplessly watched him dying as he hung mid-air from the rope unable to move...

I don't remember what I was doing when Elvis or John Lennon died, but I fairly vividly recall watching this bit of news footage, of the patriach of the Flying Wallenda family suddenly deciding to retire in the middle of a tightrope walk.

Neither flying nor well-ending

Not for the faint hearted, so look away now if you're not hard enough.

Young Nik Wallenda's obviously never seen that clip of his great-grandad.

Newark mayor Cory Booker said he was grateful for the publicity but added: 'We're doing everything we can to lift the city and it would have been tragic if he had fallen.'

I'm calling bullshit on this story. There is no way the mayor of the city would have been stood there watching if there was any chance of the guy plummeting to a netless death. It was also apparently covered live on the Today Show, which gets a national audience of millions. NBC's not going to take that risk either. He must have had a hidden bungee cord or something.

Naughty Nik's been at it again, this time at (or at least near) the Grand Canyon. Sounds like he just avoided being shot down by the injuns.

She should have tried to jump it, like Ron Obvious...

Like Claire Squires, she's going to raise umpteen times more cash by not making it (£50k and rising by the Sun reader) than by making it (£3k). Really, it's merely encouraging this pervasive culture of failure that's eroding our glorious nation or summat.