hellkat

Hospitalised!

2 hours ago, Toast said:

I think it's pretty clear from the article that it's Roy.

[Kate] "left his bedside to present an award at the glamorous showbiz ceremony in Beverly Hills before skipping the parties afterwards to head back to him and her family at the hospital."

However the article does reveal Judy Loe is suffering from a long standing health issue the details of which have been kept quiet. 

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

However the article does reveal Judy Loe is suffering from a long standing health issue the details of which have been kept quiet. 

I know. I read the article.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Toast said:

I think it's pretty clear from the article that it's Roy.

[Kate] "left his bedside to present an award at the glamorous showbiz ceremony in Beverly Hills before skipping the parties afterwards to head back to him and her family at the hospital."

Sorry, skim read it only, my fault. 

• Like 2

Russian actress and People's Artist of the RSFSR Olga Yakovleva (ru wikihospitalised with "cystic kidney disease" and intestinal problems.

15 minutes ago, arghton said:

Russian actress and People's Artist of the RSFSR Olga Yakovleva (ru wikihospitalised with "cystic kidney disease" and intestinal problems.

Hey, I desire my daily update on Tep Vong! Has he been discharged yet?

On 09/01/2024 at 13:07, drol said:

Roy Battersby currently hospitalised and seems quite serious.

Roy Battersby possibly dead as Beckinsale has posted a black square on Instagram.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, drol said:

Roy Battersby possibly dead as Beckinsale has posted a black square on Instagram.

Died yesterday apparently. Her friends are paying tribute on social media.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, drol said:

Attention seeking in the extreme.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Attention seeking in the extreme.

As I'm currently in grief I don't feel like criticizing how anyone else lives it.

I assure I am devastated, yet I'm posting on the fucking Deathlist. There's no universal way to live pain.

• Like 15

21 minutes ago, drol said:

As I'm currently in grief I don't feel like criticizing how anyone else lives it.

I assure I am devastated, yet I'm posting on the fucking Deathlist. There's no universal way to live pain.

Posting photos in the hospital with loved ones on deathbeds is, in my view, too far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

My only reason for not picking Battersby (he was a sub) was because I didn't think he would get drop 40. Judging by the teams entered, that looks to be the case.

I'm sure the initial QO's will all be Beckinsale centered, but hopefully there's enough obits who concentrate on his very fine body of work.

On 10/01/2024 at 18:00, drol said:

Hey, I desire my daily update on Tep Vong! Has he been discharged yet?

Wikipedia says Tep Vong is "terminally ill in palliative care" but he looks better here today. I very much doubt they'd ever put him into palliative care, instead, like with culty religious leaders usually I'm pretty sure they'll do everything to make sure the Great Supreme Patriarch won't die...

• Like 2

In this video from today he looks already dead. It's his 92nd birthday today, letting him go would be a wise decision.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, drol said:

In this video from today he looks already dead. It's his 92nd birthday today, letting him go would be a wise decision.

He's looked increasingly frail since his "series of strokes" in 2019-2020 but judging on that video I think he truly is terminally ill.

Another reason they'll likely not let him die is that he's one of the 7 monks who re-established Buddhism in Cambodia following the fall of the Khmer Rouge, some calling them the seven "saints" or "apostles". He and his longtime main deputy Non Nget are the last two living and Nget is also increasingly ill.

8 hours ago, Funeralopolis said:

Lev Rubinstein being reported dead...nothing on TASS yet though.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, arghton said:

He's looked increasingly frail since his "series of strokes" in 2019-2020 but judging on that video I think he truly is terminally ill.

Another reason they'll likely not let him die is that he's one of the 7 monks who re-established Buddhism in Cambodia following the fall of the Khmer Rouge, some calling them the seven "saints" or "apostles". He and his longtime main deputy Non Nget are the last two living and Nget is also increasingly ill.

Lev Rubinstein being reported dead...nothing on TASS yet though.

Rubinstein's family has denied his death.

• Like 2

Malaysian politician Jamal Yunos hospitalised again for lung cancer - "admitting defeat":
https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2024/01/13/jamal-yunos-hospitalised-again-for-lung-cancer/

Apart from that he's probably dying a painful death by lung cancer suffocation, I've made quite a big bet on him, and that one of the malaysian newspapers translates into a Yahoo obit.

But also, Deathrace, Alt Obits, Hartlepool etc....

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

On 11/01/2024 at 17:26, msc said:

Deathrace points provisionally awarded, mainly because Wikipedia briefly confirmed it before rowing back yesterday, the social media from anyone close is generally in agreement and - crucially - the family haven't come forward with a living Roy to refute it. 

Hopefully all tied up one way or another before any dead pool awards anything on the back of it. Sideik, incidentally, just took the Deathrace lead - potentially one hit away from the title - without relying on Battersby points.

On 05/01/2024 at 22:09, arghton said:

La Gata Enilce Lopez, paramilitary leader, drug trafficker and my DL Cup pick last year, hospitalised in "serious condition". Probably just another attempt to get out of house arrest. 

Nah, not this time.

La Gata Enilce Lopez dead at 71.

• Like 5

Ridicolous that there is no word on Battersby at this point.

• Like 4

They're waiting on Kate Beckinsale's next instagram post.

But I also expect a Telegraph obit eventually. 

• Like 1