Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

Don't remember him at all. But then I didn't watch too much WCW (who did?). Think he might have been before I watched it.

I only remember him from when he took over as the voice of Tony The Tiger from Thurl Ravenscroft

Did he do anything particularly interesting? Was he a good interviewer?

Literally all I can remember about WCW is the entertaining cruiserweight matches featuring all those Mexicans etc.......... and Dean Malenko and Chris Jericho....... Goldberg, and Tony Schiavone calling every single episode of Nitro "THE GREATEST NIGHT IN THE HISTORY OF OUR SPORT."

Was he a good interviewer?

NO

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/bobby-heenan-suffers-injury-after-a-fall

Bobby Heenan breaks his shoulder , it then says he suffered a broken back not long ago. So i guess he is in a wheelchair permanently now ? But the article said he was getting out of bed and fell and broke his shoulder can someone with a broken back get out of bed by themselves ? Either way looking like a good pick for 2014 or if he lasts 2015.

Get well soon Mr Heenan

Scott Hall No showed an event and told promoter he is "in a dark place". I guess he is back to his drinking his health away.

The Dynamite Kid doesn't look 'too' bad these days. Stroke seems to have been shaken off to a degree.

BnsVIkpCIAE0LD5.jpg

Looks like he's gonna be ok IMO. Just being cautious. But get well soon J.R... or stay well, whatever.

Also, didn't know he had a podcast, how long has he had that? I'm gonna give that a listen.

The Ross Report - http://podcastone.co...llEpisodes=true

My favourite wrestling podcast is Stone Cold Steve Austins. Its so bad its good - http://podcastone.co...llEpisodes=true

Hahaha....

Well I listened to some of the early editions last summer and I didn't think it was so bad. I'd much rather listen to Stone Cold tell me about "what chaps my ass" than the thoughts of some other "celebs"........

I'm only on episode #28, the one where he interviews himself as Stone Cold. It was FAF !

I remember that... haha. I wouldn't describe that as so bad it's good. That's just Stone Cold being Stone Cold. Imagine if he was still in good enough shape to wrestle, we could be watching stuff like that on TV.

• Like 1

Lex Luger had been mending since his stroke in 2008 (walking with a cane) but according to recent appearances at fan things, his health has since significantly deteriorated and hes confined to a wheelchair.

Lex Luger had been mending since his stroke in 2008 (walking with a cane) but according to recent appearances at fan things, his health has since significantly deteriorated and hes confined to a wheelchair.

"Mr. Luger, Mr. Luger....."

I used to see both Bert Royal and his brother Vic Faulkner regularly as they both worked as Brewery Reps, but never ever did they admit that the wrestling was fixed.

They were seen as good guys, compared to Mick McManus, Steve Logan and the like, and as far as I'm aware, they are both still living in the Bolton area

I don't know if any of you have seen this , a movie is being planned/made about a guy killing celebs on his dead pool . Now its going to be made by WWE studio's so chances are its going to be shit but on a positive note Ken Jeong is in it :lol: .

http://www.ewrestlin...-film-seriously

Dirty Harry was there first.

I don't know if any of you have seen this , a movie is being planned/made about a guy killing celebs on his dead pool . Now its going to be made by WWE studio's so chances are its going to be shit but on a positive note Ken Jeong is in it :lol: .

http://www.ewrestlin...-film-seriously

It's got to be a heck of a lot more entertaining than "Marine 5: Revenge of Stingray" or whatever number and subtitle they're up to now. (Starring Alberto Del Sheamus or whoever.) Even if unintentionally.

Dirty Harry was there first.

Yeah, I was gonna say that but it was such a rubbish movie I didn't think it was worth bringing up. Also, I thought I'd leave it to someone a lot more petty and pedantic who'd really get that "thrill" out of it.

• Like 1

Going to beat the usual suspects in here - Jake Roberts unconscious in hospital with pneumonia: http://dailywrestlin...vegas-hospital/

"Fading in and out of consciousness" according to DDP on Twitter, who is presumably bricking it at losing his meal ticket if Jake dies.

Going to beat the usual suspects in here - Jake Roberts unconscious in hospital with pneumonia: http://dailywrestlin...vegas-hospital/

"Fading in and out of consciousness" according to DDP on Twitter, who is presumably bricking it at losing his meal ticket if Jake dies.

I'm heading over to YouTube now to watch his (in)famous appearance and promo at the 1999 "Heroes of Wrestling" one-off PPV, as many times as I can, while it's still funny and not yet tragic.

(I'll be doing the same for Gazza's "Fog on the Tyne" if he keeps getting worse)

• Like 1

Mass on his brain too, brain tumour maybe ?

I wonder if DDP would willfully hide the fact that jake the snake Roberts fell off the wagon ? Afterall it would be damaging to his DDP yoga and the whole I can turn anyone's life around.

I'm heading over to YouTube now to watch his (in)famous appearance and promo at the 1999 "Heroes of Wrestling" one-off PPV, as many times as I can, while it's still funny and not yet tragic.

(I'll be doing the same for Gazza's "Fog on the Tyne" if he keeps getting worse)

you wanna play 21 :lol: ? Also if you watch botchamania its at the start of the intro's well the old intro's . For years i wondered why he was saying that and were it came from then on a plane i was listening to some podcasts mainly attitude era podcast heroes of wrestling review and there it was, had to contain myself from looking like a psycho and laughing out loud to myself in front of my fiancee and the whole plane.

you wanna play 21 :lol: ? Also if you watch botchamania its at the start of the intro's well the old intro's . For years i wondered why he was saying that and were it came from then on a plane i was listening to some podcasts mainly attitude era podcast heroes of wrestling review and there it was, had to contain myself from looking like a psycho and laughing out loud to myself in front of my fiancee and the whole plane.

That's almost the only thing I remember him from, I remember when I first read about that promo online I died laughing just reading a transcript of it. Apart from being a drunk and being the guy that Austin happened to beat to become 1996 KOTR just before his famous 3:16 promo. So I won't be "heartbroken" or whatever, when/if he dies like (seemingly) most of the other wrestling fans on DL/this thread may be. Cos I never saw him as a kid or came to admire him as a performer as I know many wrestling fans do. That's just one of the (many) advantages of the fact that I chose to sit out the shitty pre-Attitude era and I only became a fan in late 1997 & early 1998. Same goes for Warrior, all I knew about him was his "craziness" and his politics (although even as crazy as he was, as a part-time right wing nut job I can't help admiring his conservative "spirit" or something). And that incredibly stupid fucking entrance theme with the excessive cymbal that used to make me piss myself laughing every time I heard it on a bit of "vintage" footage.

Still I do actually hope he lives cos he seems like a nice enough guy and everything.

• Like 1