Guest Amo

Wrestlers/actors

Jake 'The snake' Roberts is saying he has cancer.

Makes health changes and gets in the best shape in years and develops cancer .

An Alanis Morissette song is coming into my mind right now.

Jagged Little Pill? No I don't think they give 'em pills, they get chemotherapy.

• Like 1

Jagged Little Pill? No I don't think they give 'em pills, they get chemotherapy.

Whatever he gets i have a feeling he will DDT cancer right out of its boots . By gawd king cancer maybe broken in half.

Not a wresling fan, but ran across this in my travels...

http://slam.canoe.ca...21/1141424.html

Remembering Lord Alfred Hayes -- who died Wednesday at age 77 -- as just the buffoon second-banana on the WWF Tuesday Night Titans is to do a huge injustice to one of the greatest wrestlers ever to come out of the United Kingdom.

Beginning to wrestle in the early 1950s in Britain, the 5-foot-9, 238-pound "Judo" Al Hayes was a top-notch heel wherever he wrestled in the 1960s and 1970s, including Florida, the Central States territory and Texas. He was usually billed as being from Windermere, England.

Then, in 1982, he joined the expanding WWF under Vince McMahon Jr., and upped the Britishness of his act. He was in countless skits on Tuesday Night Titans, The Bobby Heenan Show and the various WWF programs, as well as serving as commentator on matches on those shows.

He recalled the skits in a 2000 interview with the Wrestling Perspective newsletter. "Yeah, I didn't mind doing those at all. They were good. One or two of them I didn't because I didn't want to and that was okay. Vince [McMahon] said, 'Okay, we'll get somebody else to do that.'"

Besides his work as a wrestler and announcer, Hayes served as a heel manager in the American Wrestling Association as well.

"I did some managing that I didn't really want to do, but I did it up in Minneapolis. Verne Gagne persuaded me to," Hayes said in Wrestling Perspective. "I said to him, 'No, I don't want to be a manager because when you're a manager, you go in and you do the main event and the wrestler gets the money and you who do all the work and all the talking get nothing.' So he said, 'I'll pay you what the main event gets.' So that's how much he wanted me to manage."

Some of the names he managed included Billy Robinson and the Super Destroyer (Bob Remus, aka Sgt. Slaughter).

In Florida, Hayes' arrival as a manager in 1980 allowed for a (brief) Sir Oliver Humperdink babyface turn. SOH had been forced to be Dusty Rhodes' valet following a loss by Ivan Koloff. In his absence from ringside as a manager, Hayes came in and started taking over the House of Humperdink. "After the 30 days were over, I told Al that I was back," Humperdink recalled in an interview with the Mid-Atlantic Gateway website. "During the 30 days, Al had been associating with Bobby Jaggers and Nikolai Volkoff, and a couple of others. And Al said no way. And then Al Hayes slapped me!"

The wheel had been put in motion for a Humperdink-Hayes battle. "I even did a little program with Al Hayes, and we took that around the horn," Humperdink said. "They hated Al and they loved me!" The contests between the two managers included Lights Out Death Matches and Bunkhouse Matches.

After his time in the WWF came to an end in 1995, he faced a number of health challenges, including arthritis. At the 2001 Cauliflower Alley Club reunion, he was in a wheelchair.

For the last number of years, Hayes lived on his own in Dallas, Texas. When a stubbed toe led to an infection, which led to gangrene, he had to have part of a leg amputated. This forced him to live in hospitals and rehab centers for the remainder of his life. A series of recent strokes are believed to be the cause of death.

dead http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/3/3/5466448/mma-wwe-professional-catch-as-catch-can-wrestler-billy-robinson-74-passes-away

Robinson was the first guy to bring the British catch-as-catch-can wrestling style to the American territories, if he gets an obituary from any British paper that'll mean that anyone of remote relevance in Britwres history will probably also be a valid pick from hereon in.

Robinson was the first guy to bring the British catch-as-catch-can wrestling style to the American territories, if he gets an obituary from any British paper that'll mean that anyone of remote relevance in Britwres history will probably also be a valid pick from hereon in.

The Sun wins (from behind a paywall).

Fuck Jake Roberts and Scott Hall. I can't help but think they gave up on "in the ring greatness" years go but Jake Roberts could still have it in him. First of all, I heard Scott is expected to be inducted into the hall of fame and his words are "Dreams come true .. hard work pays off and bad times dont' last .. but bad guys do". Scott should stand up from the wheelchair and get back in the ring and do a ladder match but instead he acts like a cripple in lah lah land while Jake Roberts probably turns a blind eye and breaks the rules and drinks hard liquer like it's water. No wonder Jake has cancer but I wish him well. Now Dallas Page might be a little more sane than the two but if Nash was in charge they would be who they were in the 90's.

Fuck Jake Roberts and Scott Hall. I can't help but think they gave up on "in the ring greatness" years go but Jake Roberts could still have it in him. First of all, I heard Scott is expected to be inducted into the hall of fame and his words are "Dreams come true .. hard work pays off and bad times dont' last .. but bad guys do". Scott should stand up from the wheelchair and get back in the ring and do a ladder match but instead he acts like a cripple in lah lah land while Jake Roberts probably turns a blind eye and breaks the rules and drinks hard linquer like it's water. No wonder Jake has cancer but I wish him well. Now Dallas Page might be a little more sane than the two but if Nash was in charge they would be who they were in the 90's.

I'd really like to know what it is that you drink.

Hahaha.... I was going through some of the old pages of this thread, and decided to check out some of the mentioned wrestlers' pages on Wikipedia. And I found this.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Chris_Hamrick

Check out the intro at the top of the page. Jesus Christ man, who writes a sentence like that?

• Like 1

WWE is reporting that the Ultimate Warrior as just passed away.

Wow....... I was just suggesting him the other week after Fred Phelps died......

Ultimate Warrrior link

970693_229838580558347_1390559112_n.jpg

A nice healthy bunch of lads there. Kamala's continued livingness is a minor miracle.

Care to put names to some of those faces? Not everybody wanks over the Dave Meltzer newsletter, you know.

• Like 2

Chap on the left is Bobby Eaton, Spade DDP pick, looking healthier than he has in years. I wont say wasted pick as that'll curse him.

Chap on the right with all the hair is Ricky Morton of the Rock n Roll Express.

Kamalas obviously in the wheelchair with his diabetes and no legs.

Wasn't sure who the chap with glasses who looks like Honky Tonk Man had really let himself go was, so went round the usual haunts and discovered its apparently Bill Dundee. Bloody hell.

Of that lot, Gibson (the other RnR) looks the worst, health wise. Especially compared to the birthday pictures of Lance Russell recently, who looks remarkably well for 88.

Yeah I thought at least one of them was Rock n Roll express but I wasn't sure. I thought that guy was Honky Tonk Man for a second too, then I remembered he was a lot taller.

These last 2 to 3 years wrestling deaths have reduced alot which is surprising when you think of the huge pool of candidates in bad condition. But i wouldn't be surprised to see another well known name die in the next couple of days/weeks . These things always seem to happen in 2s and 3s .

https://twitter.com/WWEHOFerSunny

sunny has been in and out of hospital these last few weeks , and many dirtsheets are saying there is rumours going around though not disclosing the rumours :huh: . She did have cancer (supposedly) maybe its come back. The dirtsheets said within the next day or two they will say what's wrong with her but i wouldn't hold my breath .Could be one to keep an eye on for 2015 though.

Lee Marshall Former WCW and AWA announcer and also voice of the Tony The Tiger cereal mascot has died

Don't remember him at all. But then I didn't watch too much WCW (who did?). Think he might have been before I watched it.

I remember him, he was near the end of the WCW run.