Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

1 hour ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Nephew's wife has produced their first baby. I am a great uncle for the 3rd time.

I have 13 grand-nieces/nephews scattered across the country, offspring from 2 nieces and a nephew, there is still the chance that 3 more nephews could father more, they have not paired up with anyone yet.

37 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

You must be on to Tomsk or Orinoco for names.

Not my choice I'm afraid, they have started with classic Eric Clapton/Derek & The Dominos song titles, as it happens.

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Not my choice I'm afraid, they have started with classic Eric Clapton/Derek & The Dominos song titles, as it happens.

I wish 'Son of Apache' and 'Motherless Child' all the best in life..... 

• Haha 1

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia yesterday. I’ve got to be honest, I’m not absolutely over the moon with it but it has filled me with quite a sizeable sense of relief; it explains away, in a little incurable but not dangerous package, a lot of things that I’ve experienced over the past couple of years (brain fogs, an odd all-over tense sensation of really needing to stretch that doesn’t go away, lots of horrendous back aches and insomnia) as well as how shite I’ve been feeling since I got rid of Covid. 

Point is I’m quite puzzled by how good it feels to finally have an explanation for never quite feeling 100% in myself. I should be celebrating that it’s not something worse, I suppose? Anyone know if there’s a word for this weird kind of shit-but-reassuring feeling?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

On 14/07/2020 at 04:16, The Quim Reaper said:

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia yesterday. I’ve got to be honest, I’m not absolutely over the moon with it but it has filled me with quite a sizeable sense of relief; it explains away, in a little incurable but not dangerous package, a lot of things that I’ve experienced over the past couple of years (brain fogs, an odd all-over tense sensation of really needing to stretch that doesn’t go away, lots of horrendous back aches and insomnia) as well as how shite I’ve been feeling since I got rid of Covid. 

Point is I’m quite puzzled by how good it feels to finally have an explanation for never quite feeling 100% in myself. I should be celebrating that it’s not something worse, I suppose? Anyone know if there’s a word for this weird kind of shit-but-reassuring feeling?

I have a cousin afflicted and describes it as a painful PITA often on FB.  Hope it doesn’t flare up badly or that relief can be had.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I have a cousin afflicted and describes it as a painful PITA often on FB.  Hope it doesn’t flare up badly or that relief can be had.

Cheers...it's a bit odd to think all my examples of it flaring up for me pre-date me knowing about it. Still, now I know everything it entails and, from that, can work out I've likely had this for a couple of years, I kind of already know what I'm dealing with here so it's all good! Your cousin's right, it is a PITA though; hope they're doing alright!

On 14/07/2020 at 10:16, The Quim Reaper said:

My favourite description of this (having been in this 'ironic relief' situation re medical issues as I'm sure like many others here have ) is 

image.png.a3686450549c06ad0644a3725f073db4.png

• Like 1

We all have the capability to be cunts, but why do certain individuals need to demonstrate it quite so often?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, time said:

We all have the capability to be cunts, but why do certain individuals need to demonstrate it quite so often?

They've had a team talk from Jose Mourinho before leaving the house in the morning?

(Niche topical footballing reference aside, because they don't have the capability to not be cunts). 

Just now, time said:

That is such an open statement that it leads me to make me call you an absolute cunt. Demonstrated. Now fuck off. Cunt. 

PS: Re: 'Capability' Brown. Nice Gardens. 

PPS: You are quite right. 

2 hours ago, time said:

Well I can’t speak for other cunts but I’m a firm believer in practice makes perfect. 

Why do people find the need to hide their rubbish in bushes and behind walls/fences?

Who do they think is going to clean it up after then if the rubbish is hidden?

If you are not going to put your rubbish in a proper bin then at least have the decency to throw it somewhere where it can be seen and picked up.

It begs the question 'Does your mother still wipe your arse for you?'

2 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

Why do people find the need to hide their rubbish in bushes and behind walls/fences?

If you are not going to put your rubbish in a proper bin then at least have the decency to throw it somewhere where it can be seen and picked up.

What makes you think that they think about anyone cleaning it up. People who do this sort of thing have no regard for the consequences of their actions.

17 minutes ago, time said:

What makes you think that they think about anyone cleaning it up. People who do this sort of thing have no regard for the consequences of their actions.

Don't pick on me for coining a phrase.

I am 60 years old and for pretty much all of my life I have heard the young complaining about one kind of global catastrophe or other and still they throw their rubbish all over the place and expect the old to fix the worlds problems.

Litter picking should be taught in schools.

11 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

I am 60 years old and for pretty much all of my life I have heard the young complaining about one kind of global catastrophe or other and still they throw their rubbish all over the place and expect the old to fix the worlds problems.

Old people drop litter too.  Some kids mature and grow out of anti-social habits, but others continue not giving a shit throughout their lives.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Toast said:

Old people drop litter too.  Some kids mature and grow out of anti-social habits, but others continue not giving a shit throughout their lives.

Toast, honestly, thank you for saying this. I’m sick to the back teeth of the young getting the blame pinned on them for everything so it fills me with pleasure to see some of those shitty, withering, unjust assumptions about them challenged.

Sorry, I wouldn’t normally react but I’ve seen so many recently it just wound me up.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Old people drop litter too.  

I never at any point said they didn't, did you even read my post?

Of course I read your post.  Both of your posts about littering.  You singled out young people in the second, and it was implied in the first..

4 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

1 hour ago, torbrexbones said:

BTW "begging the question" doesn't mean what most people think it means.  Better to use a phrase like "prompts the question" or "raises the question".

3 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

I wasn't picking on you, I was merely answering a question you asked!

13 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

certainly puts people off having a moan.

At least it's not twitter

You know when somebody, usually female, posts up a pic of themselves on FB or some other social media site and people start commenting with words like 'beautiful' 'gorgeous' etc, etc and, clearly, they are not.....

Is it just me?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

You know when somebody, usually female, posts up a pic of themselves on FB or some other social media site and people start commenting with words like 'beautiful' 'gorgeous' etc, etc and, clearly, they are not.....

Is it just me?

As Danny Baker once put it, "It's mindboggling to think that anyone could ever have thought of your own dad as sexy once, despite the evidence of you existing..." Eye, beholder, etc.

That said, I usually put that social media thing down to desperate perverts.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Is it just me?

Especially when they've photoshopped themselves into resembling some sort of alien with unfeasibly huge eyes, sucked-in cheeks and a duck pout.

• Haha 1