Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

Boris Leachman.
Chuck Boris.

• Like 2

Foreign Secretary Johnson missing in action.

Hasn't turned up for scheduled meetings. Resignation imminent?

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Foreign Secretary Johnson missing in action.

Hasn't turned up for scheduled meetings. Resignation imminent?

RESIGNED!!!!!

We’re in meltdown. 

May will go by the end of the day....

• Like 1

May gone by end of the week then.

It's Boris. He wouldn't move unless he saw job prospects.

EDIT - Damn you, Philheybrookninja! :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, msc said:

May gone by end of the week then.

It's Boris. He wouldn't move unless he saw job prospects.

EDIT - Damn you, Philheybrookninja! :lol:

Stephen Baker specifically saying "there is no time for a leadership election" in his resignation speech makes it sound like there's going to be a Michael Howard-esque coronation of a leader.

It's going to be Gove, isn't it?

Anyone want to live in Gove Albion? :lol:

Shambles, the national interest died long ago under these jokers.

• Angry 1

4 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Stephen Baker specifically saying "there is no time for a leadership election" in his resignation speech makes it sound like there's going to be a Michael Howard-esque coronation of a leader.

It's going to be Gove, isn't it?

They didn't elect May either and that went well.

Though if its Gove, I'd just like to claim I was being early with my predictions:

1 hour ago, msc said:

They didn't elect May either and that went well.

Though if its Gove, I'd just like to claim I was being early with my predictions:

Spineless coward was as close to the door as possible.

He’ll be Prime Minister by the weekend 

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

RESIGNED!!!!!

DAMN IT!!!!!! No more  BOZO of the  FO.

• Haha 1

So sad to see Boris Johnson...actually, my sentence is finished.

• Haha 5

As he "returns to the backbenches", let us take some time to remember all the great speeches he made as Foreign Secretary around the world and in Parliament...

Er....I got nothing. You?

• Like 1

"Hope turned to disappointment" - BBC analysis of his achievements as Foreign Secretary: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44767848

" Above all, Mr Johnson struggled to set out clearly what the government's "global Britain" foreign policy actually meant."

• Thanks 1

"This page intentionally blank".

Boris makes one of the most important hard-hitting and intelligent resignation speeches ever in the House of Commons.

Just kidding.

Moans that Brexit isn't hard enough, that the UK should dither back to his vision of Brexit (and look wonderfully weaker than the weak vision - is it a vision? we already have) and that we should all unite behind the previous Lancaster House speech.

Incidentally, there was a previous Lancaster House speech - just before Zimbabwe's independence. Look how that turned out.

Anyway Boris, no gravitas, plenty of blonde lock tossing and stamping of petulant feet. As expected. I rate it 1/10.

• Like 1

Meanwhile on this side of the pond, Boris compares women who wear the burka to "bank robbers" or "letterboxes".

Maybe that's why he was resigned to losing his post....

• Haha 1

Ban the Burka Berk.

Holy shit, are we actually going to see the great realigning of British politics as a result of this? Boris's Steve Bannon-endorsed far right, Corbyn's coalition of students and people who say "I know David Icke can be a bit over the top at times but when it comes to the Middle East he's dead on" on the left and everyone else just smudged into the centre? Dominic Grieve as the British Macron?

59 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Ban the Berk.

no, lets extend it to the men as well political correctness v political correctness

Sky Data Poll from today:

• 60% say it is not racist to compare Muslim women who wear a burka to bank robbers or letterboxes, compared to only 33% that think it is. 
  • 60% believe the burka should be banned in the UK, compared to a measly 26% opposed. Let's remember either a full or partial ban on Islamic face coverings is already in place in EU nations Belgium, Austria, Bulgaria, Denmark, France, Germany, Latvia, The Netherlands as well as non-EU Norway. Not to mention Chad, Cameroon and Gabon. 
  • "I wouldn’t want my four year old looked after by somebody wearing a burka. I wouldn’t want my elderly mum looked after by somebody wearing a burka. They need to be able to show their face." - Emily Thornberry, Shadow Foreign Secretary.

Perhaps one day the media will have a wander outside of their London bubble to the streets of normal Britain. They might then find that the fury and outrage they whip up is not replicated in the mood of average, everyday people. More unlikely, maybe one day Labour will stop being so opportunist and hypocritical. 

This whole episode is absurd. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Sky Data Poll from today:

• 60% say it is not racist to compare Muslim women who wear a burka to bank robbers or letterboxes, compared to only 33% that think it is. 
  • 60% believe the burka should be banned in the UK, compared to a measly 26% opposed. Let's remember either a full or partial ban on Islamic face coverings is already in place in EU nations Belgium, Austria, Bulgaria, Denmark, France, Germany, Latvia, The Netherlands as well as non-EU Norway. Not to mention Chad, Cameroon and Gabon. 
  • "I wouldn’t want my four year old looked after by somebody wearing a burka. I wouldn’t want my elderly mum looked after by somebody wearing a burka. They need to be able to show their face." - Emily Thornberry, Shadow Foreign Secretary.

Perhaps one day the media will have a wander outside of their London bubble to the streets of normal Britain. They might then find that the fury and outrage they whip up is not replicated in the mood of average, everyday people. More unlikely, maybe one day Labour will stop being so hypocritical. 

This whole episode is absurd. 

conservatives are  no better

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/06/13/sajid-javid-relax-immigration-controls-bring-thousands-skilled/

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2012/may/18/warsi-pakistani-men-white-girls-are-fair-gam

32 minutes ago, runebomme said:

no, lets extend it to the men as well political correctness v political correctness

I was actually calling for a ban on Boris Johnson because he's politically and diplomatically as adept as my right testicle with a fucking smiley face drawn on it.

On the issue itself, though, it's not right to call out Johnson for being racist on the matter; that's far too extreme. After all, wearing the burka is rather a choice; muslim women have no obligation to wear it. Some of them indeed hate it. But it's entirely their choice. But what Boris has done is worded something very undiplomatically, nay provocatively even, as usual, and won't even apologise for that. He doesn't need to apologise for his views on the burka; as it's been pointed out, many people don't like them. Just the wording, just to clarify to those that associate the name 'Boris Johnson' with 'Racist Cunt' that, give him a modicum of credit, he's only the last bit of that.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Thatcher said:

Perhaps one day the media will have a wander outside of their London bubble to the streets of normal Britain. 

I dunno my man, if your idea of venturing outside of the London bubble is Boris Johnson's Telegraph column, I think you've been worked into a shoot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1