football_fan

Ideas and Possibilities for 2010

A new year, a new Ideas and possibilities topic. :old:

Regards,

FF

I can't believe this topic has been posted already.

It's brilliant.

Can't think of anyone myself yet though :-)

I'd love to see what people think.

I can't believe this topic has been posted already.

It's brilliant.

Can't think of anyone myself yet though :-)

I'd love to see what people think.

We have one of these topics every year 2t, it's very useful for picking a team for DDP etc. (thanks to LB and Handrejka for recommending it to me when I was struggling).

Welcome aboard too :old: .

I think Dr. Death Jack K. may finally be ripe in 2010.

I don't know Miser. I thought he was a good candidate when he was trying to get out of jail but when he was released he suddenly got healthy. He even talked about running for office.

I don't know Miser. I thought he was a good candidate when he was trying to get out of jail but when he was released he suddenly got healthy. He even talked about running for office.

He's like a post-hype prospect in Baseball. By the way, Go Phillies.

Blake Fielder Civil is likely to get out of jail in 2010, meaning his wife Amy Winehouse could well be led into life threatening drug use. I reckon she'll survive this year, might even turn up when booked for gigs!

I'll have a punt with Betty Driver - no reason other than:

:old: in 2010 she will be 89

:lol: her mother died of lung cancer

:rolleyes: She buried her younger sister in December of last year (2008) having lived in and cared for her for some time.

I'll have a punt with Betty Driver - no reason other than:

:old: in 2010 she will be 89

:lol: her mother died of lung cancer

:rolleyes: She buried her younger sister in December of last year (2008) having lived in and cared for her for some time.

Where's she gonna live now then?

Has Coronation Streets' Betty ever even had a storyline?

I can't think of a single scene I have ever seen where she says more than 3 lines and perhaps a disgruntled huff n puff.

Former Jamaican Prime Minister Edward Seaga has been admitted to hospital in Florida after experiencing "a bout of uncontrollable coughing".

I read somehwere a couple of days ago that its goign to be 2010 when our old friend Amy Whinehouse goes, as apparantly she coud be the next member of the "27 club" !! she's 26 THIS year, and with people like Kurt Cobain, Jimmy hendrix and co all dying aged ...er...27 !! then could be a good chloice for our Amy in 2010 !!

Abdul Kalam, the 11th president of India from 2002 - 2007 is currently hospitalized with a skin infection. He isn't giving out any details concerning the extremity of the disease infection at the moment. Other articles indicate that he has cancelled a scheduled visit to Meghalaya.

For anybody in a pool where youth nets extra points, I think it's worth keeping tabs on Orlando Thomas, 36, a former player for the Minnesota Vikings. He'll likely make it through this year, but he's got Lou Gehrig's disease, so his condition could worsen at any time. Sufferers usually die within 3-5 years, and next year will be his 3rd.

If he's got Lou Gehrig's disease, whose disease has Lou Gehrig got?

For anybody in a pool where youth nets extra points, I think it's worth keeping tabs on Orlando Thomas, 36, a former player for the Minnesota Vikings. He'll likely make it through this year, but he's got Lou Gehrig's disease, so his condition could worsen at any time. Sufferers usually die within 3-5 years, and next year will be his 3rd.

Lou Gehrig had Lou Gehrig's. He must have really been some narcissist.

Let's get technical here folks and speak of this disease by its legitimate medical name:::::: Amyothrophic Lateral Sclerosis(ALS).

More and Morley Safer can be found here: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis or how I met the BeeGees

A rather horrific degenerative disease in the neuro-muscular disease family, it can leave one lungering....ooooh, my bad I was thinking of the iron lung machine and I really meant LINGERING. Yes, it can leave one LINGERING, for a long time. Some call ALS 'Iron lung disease' as one of the symptoms can be lung/respiratory paralysis, still others call it Maladie de Charcot. It falls under the wide and inclusive umbrella of muscular dystrophy.

The thing about most neuromuscular diseases is that while they are progressive and eat away at various elements of a person and their muscles and nerves they can last for years and years and years. SOmE effect only skeletal muscles, some effect both soft and hard muscles which means bye bye to breathing on your own. The supposedly more fortunate are those with limb-girdle forms of muscular dystrophy----they get to sit there in the chair or bed (safely strapped in so they don't fall out) and breath on their own. They have perfectly functioning heart muscles as well and even their digestive works well. Some though are unable to chew food since mouth muscles have gone flat (atrophied) so it doesn't matter that their espohagus, colon, stomach and the such function since they still get a feeding tube slapped into their stomach or shoved down their throat.

So, the point is, that Orlando Thomas may well live another 5 years or more (although he is 36 already and Gherig kicked off at a few days shy of 38).

More about ALS can be found here: : : : More about Eddie Munster and ALS

Let's get technical here folks and speak of this disease by its legitimate medical name:::::: Amyothrophic Lateral Sclerosis(ALS).

More and Morley Safer can be found here: Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis or how I met the BeeGees

A rather horrific degenerative disease in the neuro-muscular disease family, it can leave one lungering....ooooh, my bad I was thinking of the iron lung machine and I really meant LINGERING. Yes, it can leave one LINGERING, for a long time. Some call ALS 'Iron lung disease' as one of the symptoms can be lung/respiratory paralysis, still others call it Maladie de Charcot. It falls under the wide and inclusive umbrella of muscular dystrophy.

The thing about most neuromuscular diseases is that while they are progressive and eat away at various elements of a person and their muscles and nerves they can last for years and years and years. SOmE effect only skeletal muscles, some effect both soft and hard muscles which means bye bye to breathing on your own. The supposedly more fortunate are those with limb-girdle forms of muscular dystrophy----they get to sit there in the chair or bed (safely strapped in so they don't fall out) and breath on their own. They have perfectly functioning heart muscles as well and even their digestive works well. Some though are unable to chew food since mouth muscles have gone flat (atrophied) so it doesn't matter that their espohagus, colon, stomach and the such function since they still get a feeding tube slapped into their stomach or shoved down their throat.

So, the point is, that Orlando Thomas may well live another 5 years or more (although he is 36 already and Gherig kicked off at a few days shy of 38).

More about ALS can be found here: : : : More about Eddie Munster and ALS

This is of interest as I have a DDP candidate, Stefano Borgonovo, who has the same condition...

Former Icelandic PM, Halldor Asgrimsson, is seriously ill with pneumonia since Christmas and is currently on life support.

Technically, the link says he spent time on life support, but is now off it and "on the road to a slow recovery." He's still in the ICU, so the recovery may never be fully realized.

I'm sure a lot more people are familiar with the term Lou Gehrig's Disease than Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Anyway, wiki says, "Most people with ALS die from respiratory failure, usually within 3 to 5 years from the onset of symptoms. However, about 10 percent of those individuals with ALS survive for 10 or more years."

So obviously a small percentage of people can hang on for a while, but anybody with this disease is worth keeping a close eye on, which is all I really recommended in the first place. If his condition worsens this year, next year, or whenever, be ready. We may be able to see the end coming.

I'm gonna go out on a limb, & say Michael Moore & Frank Oz. :party:

If Zsa Zsa Gabor and Hamid Karzai make it through 2009, they should be back on the list for 2010. And whatever happened to Ruby Muhammad?

If Zsa Zsa Gabor and Hamid Karzai make it through 2009, they should be back on the list for 2010. And whatever happened to Ruby Muhammad?

There's not much info on the health of Ruby Muhammad, also I think her age is in dispute as well.

And whatever happened to Ruby Muhammad?

Evidently still alive