Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2010

Guest Guest
Legendary British actress Jean Simmons had died aged 80. A little bit of a shock as she made a film last year; and there had been no reports of her ill health. A very good actress in her day!

Hear, hear.

Legendary British actress Jean Simmons had died aged 80. A little bit of a shock as she made a film last year; and there had been no reports of her ill health. A very good actress in her day!

Hear, hear.

Yes we know. This is now the third thread on this forum announcing her demise! Does no-one look before they post?

Pianist Earl Wild has died aged 94 according to his website. He was on CP's list and a unique DDP pick for VSBfromH, if the obit comes through.

Pianist Earl Wild has died aged 94 according to his website. He was on CP's list and a unique DDP pick for VSBfromH, if the obit comes through.

Obit from New York Times

A truly great pianist. Here he is playing "Floods of Spring" by Rachmaninov.

Lord Richardson, former Governor of the Bank of England, has died aged 94. A unique pick on the DDP for Redmyst.

Chi-lites singer Robert Lester has died, aged 67.

Bonanza and Trapper John MD star Pernell Roberts has died aged 81.

The remaining members of the group should wear those suits to his funeral!. On that subject, Wikipedia reliably (?) informs us that Marshall Thompson is now the only original member still alive, Eugne Record having died in 2005, Creadel "Red" Jones (vaguely) a few years after leaving the group for the second time in 1990. No definitive info on the other original Clarence Johnson, who left the group way back in 1964.

The remaining members of the group should wear those suits to his funeral!. On that subject, Wikipedia reliably (?) informs us that Marshall Thompson is now the only original member still alive, Eugne Record having died in 2005, Creadel "Red" Jones (vaguely) a few years after leaving the group for the second time in 1990. No definitive info on the other original Clarence Johnson, who left the group way back in 1964.

Too good to be forgotten (?)

Zelda Rubinstein dead. Wow! Its really on now. Thats what I get for turning in my list early. The good news for me is that Im on the board in the Rotten Dead Pool, but I have yet to get on the board in DDP.

Ruben Kruger

The former Springbok Rugby player has died aged 39 after a long battle with cancer. He won 36 caps and in 1995 was named South African Rugby Football Union's player of the year. He features in the recent film "Invictus", in which he is portrayed by Grant Roberts.

Done a search of the forum and don't think think this was picked up - apologies if I'm duplicating! Illustrator John Berry died back in December. He did the artwork on many of the Ladybird series of books which many of us will remember from our childhood. Previously an established war artist and portrait painter, he also designed Esso's "Tiger in your tank" image (see below) and contributed artwork for many other publishers (Corgi, Four Square, Panther, Penguin and Readers Digest).

Tigertankad1.jpg

Dr. Willie Stanton, geologist, scientist and most importantly, my DDP joker has died - link - which I think is my first DDP hit for about 5/6 months.

Dr. Willie Stanton, geologist, scientist and most importantly, my DDP joker has died - link - which I think is my first DDP hit for about 5/6 months.

Congratulations, a much deserved death I am sure.

Back of the Net!

That was 'Liquid DP picking'.

Well done and just in time for my update..

British producer, agent Leslie Linder dies. (Jan 16)

Perhaps his best known film was '10 Rillington Place', but he also produced 'Blind Terror', starring Mia Farrow, which I remember scared the sh!t out of me when I was a kid.

Another British film producer, David Brown, has died, aged 93.

US, February 2, 2010 - David Brown, whose legendary career as a movie producer and executive spanned six decades, included four Academy Award nominations and produced smash box office hits like Oscar winners The Sting and Jaws, along with popular classics like Cocoon and Driving Miss Daisy, died Monday at his home in Manhattan after a long illness. He was 93