Jump to content
Godot

The Archers

Recommended Posts

On 09/12/2020 at 20:17, DevonDeathTrip said:

Great to hear the indestructible June Spencer back on The Archers tonight after a 9-month covid-19 enforced absence.   101 years old and still lighting up the show. :)

Interestingly  though unless I am mistaken  I don't think Pat Archer has featured for quite a while? Perhaps  the actress who plays her is extremely medically vulnerable in terms of the virus even more so than 101 year old June Spencer?

I'm trying to think which other cast members  have had very long absences this year?  Patricia Greene as Jill Archer  has featured as has Carole Boyd as Linda. Cant remember when Adam or Clarrie were last on the show.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Cant remember when Adam or Clarrie were last on the show.

I’m pretty sure Adam was on back in the early days of the monologue episodes, when the cast were recording from home, not heard from him for a while tho. Clarrie was on end of last week, first time she’s featured for months. 

Now they’ve gone down to 4 episodes a week I don’t suppose they need as many actors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ripley said:

I’m pretty sure Adam was on back in the early days of the monologue episodes, when the cast were recording from home, not heard from him for a while tho. Clarrie was on end of last week, first time she’s featured for months. 

Now they’ve gone down to 4 episodes a week I don’t suppose they need as many actors. 

Oh I'm listening two weeks behind on BBC sound so haven't  heard Clarrie.  Pat Archer  stands out the most to me as being absent. Ruth, David, Brian and Jennifer, Lillian, Jill and more recently  Peggy all featured.

I can't remember if Leonard was in any of the scenes with Jill?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Oh I'm listening two weeks behind on BBC sound so haven't  heard Clarrie.  Pat Archer  stands out the most to me as being absent. Ruth, David, Brian and Jennifer, Lillian, Jill and more recently  Peggy all featured.

I can't remember if Leonard was in any of the scenes with Jill?

 

 

Don’t remember hearing anything from Pat since last Christmas. Some of the other older cast members who I don’t think have featured for a while are Jim, Leonard, Christine and Bert (Bert & Christine haven’t been regulars for a few years but usually get rolled out at Christmas) 
Most episodes only feature four actors instead of the previous six, so there are loads of cast members who haven’t been heard from for months. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to tonights episode and it features both Peggy (June Spencer, 101) and Jim Lloyd (John Rowe, who turns 80 years old tomorrow) 

Both sound like they’ll be around for a few years yet :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use