Godot

The Archers

I thought the name was familiar but it turns out its because it was mentioned in this thread several times.

Yeah so many times I didn't want to play favourites by quoting any single one. ^_^

Edit: Independent: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/alan-devereux-dead-actor-who-played-sid-perks-on-the-archers-for-nearly-50-years-dies-a7058561.html

June Spencer, who is now 97, sounded a rather tremulous on Sunday's episode, which is hardly surprising given her advanced age. However, until now, her voice didn't seem to have changed at all since I first heard it in my childhood, so this deterioration was very noticeable.

How people sound instead of how they look can give a better indication of their life expectancy IMHO.

• Like 1

Sara Coward, who has played Caroline in The Archers for nearly forty years, has announced she does not have long to live:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1607108039594968&id=1600530870252685

Is she too obscure for the Death List?

Yes.

I assumed she would be.I did know the name and have heard her on the Archers and knew she was a major character who runs Grey Gables but she has not been in anything else.I wonder whether any of the Archers cast would qualify by Death List standards.Probably not but they do have the DDP advantage of being a dead cert for an obit.

Didn`t Caroline feature in scenes with both Princess Margaret and the Duchess of Cornwall?

They normally get coverage on Radio 4. Terry Molloy would be a cert for other reasons though.

Terry Molloy would be a cert for other reasons though.

Can't think what you mean...

1403097455457.jpg

• Like 1

They normally get coverage on Radio 4. Terry Molloy would be a cert for other reasons though.

Well Alan Devereux Arnold Peters Norman Painting Margot Boyd Mary Wimbush and the guy who played George Barford all got numerous online obits from all the major news outlets.

• Like 2

Yep, broadsheet obits nailed on for any long term Archers characters.

It is worth noting that the death of Freda Fry, a silent character, in the great Ambridge flood of 2015, attracted big press coverage and she wasn't played by anyone.

• Like 1

Speaking to the Radio Times from her palliative care home in Leamington Spa, she said: "I would prefer it to be over quickly.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/archers-legend-sara-coward-reveals-9554100

She died in the upstairs bedroom

By the light of the evening star

That shone through the plate glass window

From over Leamington Spa.

https://allpoetry.com/Death-In-Leamington

• Like 1

Speaking to the Radio Times from her palliative care home in Leamington Spa, she said: "I would prefer it to be over quickly.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/archers-legend-sara-coward-reveals-9554100

I have her in my Hare DP team so would appreciate it if she made a bit more of an effort to hang on as long as she can.

Presumably the DDP pun for her departure will be "Sara takes the Coward's way out"?

• Like 1

Sorry to say, but we might be getting an update on Sara Coward very shortly...

Devon what did MiB say about murdering your picks!
  • Like 3

Do you know something we don't or is that just an assumption based off the other posts?

• Like 1

DDT moonlights as the Reaper, his word alone is often good enough for me.

Well she has been in a hospice for 3 months now with end stage cancer.Surprised she has lasted this long.

DDT moonlights as the Reaper, his word alone is often good enough for me.

Yeah, but does that help for a qualifying obit?

• Like 2