Godot

The Archers

DDT moonlights as the Reaper, his word alone is often good enough for me.

Yeah, but does that for a qualifying obit?

The QO comes along later, it's just advanced warning. :D

PS Obviously not when he's doing his "I've never heard of Drew Carey but, maybe he has pancreatic cancer?" trick...

• Like 1

Sorry to say, but we might be getting an update on Sara Coward very shortly...

Based on who`s say so though?

• Like 1

She's in palliative care, it's sure she won't last another week. But after DDT's mysterious post I expect her to die today or tomorrow.

Now that I think about it, I've never seen DDT and Sara Coward in a photo together...

• Like 1

Almost certainly true.

• Like 1

If so, another reminder never to doubt the Devonian Prince of Darkness.

EDIT - A twinge of deja vu, a swift Google search, and a cite of the hand to Harry Mac. No Led Zeppelining here, oh no...

Now that I think about it, I've never seen DDT and Sara Coward in a photo together...

No, but she'll be in one with The Grim Reaper, eh?

Well, she said she wanted to go quick, so that's good news. I hope her lovely dog has a nice new home.

• Like 1

My sixth hit of the year and I'm only in the middle of the second month.

Ah, it always affects me more than it should when a long-standing member of The Archers goes. As someone raised on the programme practically since birth, I have happy memories of Caroline -Sara Coward's character - going right back to the early 1980s. I remember her as young and carefree and listened as she became older and wiser, before noting that her appearances were becoming less and less frequent. Although she wanted someone else to replace her, in my opinion Sara Coward is irreplaceable. Part of the reason I like the Archers is because the acting is so good and this is because the main body of the cast have had literally decades to grow into their roles. Whatever happens in the future, radio won't be the same without her.

I won't tell how I knew, but I can say that the death of another Archers mainstay of even greater longevity is fast approaching.

• Like 1

Ah, it always affects me more than it should when a long-standing member of The Archers goes. As someone raised on the programme practically since birth, I have happy memories of Caroline -Sara Coward's character - going right back to the early 1980s. I remember her as young and carefree and listened as she became older and wiser, before noting that her appearances were becoming less and less frequent. Although she wanted someone else to replace her, in my opinion Sara Coward is irreplaceable. Part of the reason I like the Archers is because the acting is so good and this is because the main body of the cast have had literally decades to grow into their roles. Whatever happens in the future, radio won't be the same without her.

I won't tell how I knew, but I can say that the death of another Archers mainstay of even greater longevity is fast approaching.

I only have listened to the Archers since 2013 but fondly remember Caroline running Grey Gables.She had a soothing calm voice and was an utterly believable character unlike many of the younger cast members.

Interesting.Can you tell us if the said individual is someone who has been in it since I have been watching.

Here is a list of people DDT could be referring to:

June Spencer b 1919

Lesley Saeward b c1934

Patricia Greene b 1931

Angela Piper b c1940

Colin Skipp b circa 1928 although I think he may be younger but has had heart problems

Judy Bennett b 1943

Brian Hewlett

Charles Collingwood b 1943

Edward Kelsey b 1930

Terry Molloy b 1947

I only have listened to the Archers since 2013 but fondly remember Caroline running Grey Gables.She had a soothing calm voice and was an utterly believable character unlike many of the younger cast members.

Interesting.Can you tell us if the said individual is someone who has been in it since I have been listening.

FTFY

Interesting.Can you tell us if the said individual is someone who has been in it since I have been listening.

FTFY

True haha.A blind friend of mine had a conversation about the use of the term "watch".He refers to listening to the TV as watching the TV and listening to the football on the radio as watching the football despite it being inaccurate in his case.I guess I blur the distinction as I sometimes watch tv late at night with my eyes closed.You are indeed right though.

Her birthday was sometime in January or early February, cause she died at 69 according to the BBC.

Sure it was not today? Judging by the obits no, but you never know...

• Like 1

Her birthday was sometime in January or early February, cause she died at 69 according to the BBC.

Sure it was not today? Judging by the obits no, but you never know...

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/mjUBBwgny82gOkctGIKhO5BIkxY/appointments:Born January 1948 according to this.

I wonder if they'll follow her wishes and not write her character out

I wonder if they'll follow her wishes and not write her character out

I should think that is almost guaranteed.Sara was loved by Archer`s fans and I don`t think they would be happy with anyone who went against her wishes.

Wikipedia says her birthday is January 30th 1948. Need to find more evidence to see if this is correct

• Like 1