Davey Jones' Locker

Celebrity Chefs

On 09/06/2018 at 10:11, FixedBusiness said:

Was this comment written using a speech to text generator?

yes ok

• Sad 1

yes ok

• Sad 1

yes ok

I reckon that this poster could be a bot with repeating the same message over and over again. Mods? 

Crossed the Rubic(h)on....well, it's a vain attempt at a pun. :D

The year of the dead chefs: Bocuse, Bourdain, and this one.

Just now, redrumours said:

I can still have hope for Hom and Stein then.

18 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

The year of the dead chefs: Bocuse, Bourdain, and this one.

Meant to quote Gcreptile. sorry.

Wait a minute..did I just hear on the news that this Joel Robuchon was world famous for his invention of pomme puree?

Posh mashed tatties? Creamed?

Honestly, these foodies will swallow everything they are served. All these chefs are only interested in serving the rich and famous. When I hear of one who regularly works down the canteen at a soup kitchen once a week, I'll have more respect for them and their clientele.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Wait a minute..did I just hear on the news that this Joel Robuchon was world famous for his invention of pomme puree?

Honestly, these foodies will swallow everything they are served. All these chefs are only interested in serving the rich and famous. When I hear of one who regularly works down the canteen at a soup kitchen once a week, I'll have more respect for them and their clientele.

I've mentioned before, iirc, the old chippy on Great Western Rd? Chips and cheese 90p (back in 2004, think the guy's retired/dead now), and the same chips and cheese written in French for £2.50. Exact same portions. Apparently countless students and West End luvvies would wander in and ask for the French version.

One of the great geniuses of our time, imo.

10 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Is this where I am supposed to link to that Carry On guy? (Edit: Kenneth Williams, shame on me)

29 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

So what if these chefs want to serve the rich and famous what's wrong with. Its a very unjust assumption to assume he never gave a cent to charity or pitched in to help at a soup kitchen besides, you're forgetting he made books detailing his recipes so that even you can get off your high horse, head to the local soup kitchen, and make some pomme puree yourself. P.S do you volunteer in soup kitchens?

Just now, The Mad Hatter said:

So what if these chefs want to serve the rich and famous what's wrong with. Its a very unjust assumption to assume he never gave a cent to charity or pitched in to help at a soup kitchen besides, you're forgetting he made books detailing his recipes so that even you can get off your high horse, head to the local soup kitchen, and make some pomme puree yourself. P.S do you volunteer in soup kitchens?

(1) I never addressed the question of charitable donations. Not my point.

(2) I'm not a chef.

I think my point wasn't particularly well made. These chefs make up recipes, serving tiny portions at exorbitant prices to idiots who have too much money and not enough sense. In other words, these chefs are merely pretentious parasites feeding on other mainly pretentious parasites. Clear enough? I gave an example of how a celebrity chef may garner more respect from me. It's not an exclusive example.

My personal respect for someone one way or another shouldn't bother you. You may have a different opinion, which I shall respect, rather than launch an immediate attack on someone to attempt to shut them down.

My opinion remains the same. My mother used to mix milk into the mashed potatoes to make it go further. She didn't invent that, neither did this French chef. So he cheapens the product, makes it go further to serve more customers and gives it a fancy name. We are expected to be in awe of that?

• Like 2

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

(2) I'm not a chef.?

That's all I need. So, let me get this straight you're attacking a man who isn't even buried yet for not living up to standards that you yourself live up to. If you don't work in a soup kitchen then you have no right to complain about people not working in soup kitchens. Arguments over, next!

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Mad Hatter just bodied YW there, gotta say.

Also, pomme puree is a lot more butter heavy than mashed potato. It's usually piped onto a plate - if you were to try and pipe standard English pie shop mash, you'd burst a blood vessel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Mad Hatter said:

That's all I need. So, let me get this straight you're attacking a man who isn't even buried yet for not living up to standards that you yourself live up to. If you don't work in a soup kitchen then you have no right to complain about people not working in soup kitchens. Arguments over, next!

Why don't you just fuck off? I never see you express an opinion, I do however see you regularly attack other members of this forum.

I thought I'd seen some improvement, nay maturity, in your posts of late, turns out your just a little troll using this forum to stir up hate. Again.

I don't write books, I don't make television programmes, I don't do stand up comedy, etc etc. Doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have a personal opinion. I have worked  in kitchens in the past and some of the best chefs are the ones paid a pittance to work for the so-called "very best". So I do have some experience.

Do come back when you have more experience of life @The Mad Hatter and when you actually express an opinion on anything maybe I'll agree, maybe not. But we are not all the same. You're becoming a fuckwit again. Grow the fuck up.

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Mad Hatter just bodied YW there, gotta say.

Also, pomme puree is a lot more butter heavy than mashed potato. It's usually piped onto a plate - if you were to try and pipe standard English pie shop mash, you'd burst a blood vessel.

No he didn't. See above.

It's still mash. How many Michelin stars do you get for hiding your steak in a courgette flower? :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

No he didn't. See above.

It's still mash. How many Michelin stars do you get for hiding your steak in a courgette flower? :lol:

More Michelin stars than I will ever get, that’s for sure...

Suddenly got a craving for some mashed potato, don't know why...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

More Michelin stars than I will ever get, that’s for sure...

The symbiotic relationship between chefs, foodies and critics is all crap.

I'd include a link to the definition of "symbiotic" for The Hatter, but it's more fun looking it up. Go to it.

• Like 1