Vinegar Tits

Curse Of The Eurovision

11 minutes ago, TQR said:

All of us here are fucking LIVING for Estonia’s entry! In many ways one of the best things I’ve ever seen :lol::lol::lol:

i’m still pulling for lithuania…

• Like 1

Bambi Thug's makeup said "Ceasfire" in Ogham script.

• Like 3

My personal favourite is actually Armenia. Such a unique song. Wouldn't mind Switzerland, Greece, Portugal, Estonia or Ireland winning. All the others were very bland.

• Like 1

Nobody here thinks the French song is beautiful and worthy of higher praise? 

• Like 1

It is a freak fest.

Let us see who can outfreak everyone else.  What?  We have to sing as well?  DAMN!!

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

12 - Estonia

<vast, yawning chasm>

10 - Croatia

8 - UK (seriously, don’t @ me, I’m not interested)

7 - Finland

6 - Switzerland

5 - Austria

4 - Armenia

3 - Ireland

2 - Lithuania

1 - Greece

14 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Nobody here thinks the French song is beautiful and worthy of higher praise? 

If it helps, my mum likes him.

12 - Ireland

10 - Croatia

8 - Finland

7 - Switzerland

6 - Greece

5 - Austria

4 - Armenia

3 - Spain

2 - Ukraine

1 - Estonia

boo, hiss, tomato - Israel

Decent year this year. I voted for Switzerland. Parents voted for Croatia and France.

I think both the Uk and Israel will withdraw next year for different but connected reasons. 

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I think both the Uk and Israel will withdraw next year for different but connected reasons. 

Doubtless another spot-on prediction from the Deathlist Nostradamus. :facepalm:

• Haha 8

38 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Doubtless another spot-on prediction from the Deathlist Nostradamus. :facepalm:

Yep.

Israel might throw a hissy fit and not turn up next year (unlikely they're usually all mouth no action) but other than that nothing else. Especially given it's going to be in Switzerland.

Yeah fuck all the way off Crem, not even you believe that 

6 minutes ago, TQR said:

You think the BbC will stay if the EBU try and expel the public winner in the UK. Keir Starmer won’t allow it.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

On the plus side we might get a Celine Dion appearance next year via wheelchair, lol.

• Haha 1

I can reveal me and my parents all voted for Israel which won the Uk televote.

• Facepalm 1

It’s a shame that the UK have received 0 points from the public vote. For this country,  It happens too often at Eurovision. 

11 minutes ago, TQR said:

It's that imminent nuclear war you know... ;)

Dunno why he thinks Israel would pull out either. They just got a massive vote of confidence from the public vote (including twelve points from the UK public).

• Like 1

Voted for the winner. Think that's the first time in a decade since Conchita.

Olly getting nul points from the public was unbelievably harsh. Even Norway got 4.

No idea where Israel's votes came from, no one I know voted for them and, watching it impartially, it genuinely didn't impress me. Bit of a mish mash and not especially memorable for me. 12 points from the UK? Surely it can't just be the Jewish population that's managed that?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, msc said:

It's that imminent nuclear war you know... ;)

Dunno why he thinks Israel would pull out either. They just got a massive vote of confidence from the public vote (including twelve points from the UK public).

I suspect the EBU will still want them absent to avoid another year of them overshadowing the contest even thriugh the war in Gaza will Hopefully be long finished by then 

14 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Voted for the winner. Think that's the first time in a decade since Conchita.

Olly getting nul points from the public was unbelievably harsh. Even Norway got 4.

No idea where Israel's votes came from, no one I know voted for them and, watching it impartially, it genuinely didn't impress me. Bit of a mish mash and not especially memorable for me. 12 points from the UK? Surely it can't just be the Jewish population that's managed that?

I think a lot of people were motivated to vote for Israel purely on the bile that has been thrown her way, by ‘fans’ and other contestants alike. I voted for my winner, plus a vote for Israel just to piss off the lunatics. Andrew Neil watched it for the first time this year and voted 20 times for Israel, suspect many others of that ilk have done the same. You could see this coming a mile off after the Italian semifinal vote leaked. 

Anyway, thrilled for Switzerland - they got my vote. Disappointed Olly got 0 from the public - that seems incredibly harsh; as always the case there was much crappier songs that did way better. At least we were left hand side of the board, if even for a moment. 

A sign that a few countries or maybe 2 countries will get more than 200+ points by the public, is a lot of countries getting less than 30 points at the start. If I remember correctly, last year or year before, 5 countries got 0 points.

I'm just surprised Germany got ok points.

Geneva - which would be an interesting choice for a Eurovision in terms of what the city represents, doesn’t have a suitable arena. Looks like Bern and Zurich do. So most likely Zurich. 

18 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Geneva - which would be an interesting choice for a Eurovision in terms of what the city represents, doesn’t have a suitable arena. Looks like Bern and Zurich do. So most likely Zurich. 

When they last hosted in 1989 it was in Lausanne.

Well done Switzerland and Croatia!!

What a horrific competition that actually made the better numbers do well, now  I can sleep well knowing the nonsense did not matter.

I still wish Netherlands had a fair shake at the vote, another top 3 or 4, that number will be the real winner, no doubt.

• Like 6