JR976evil

Journalists

6 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Rageh Omar Receiving medical care after stumbling over words and struggling to read during the News at Ten last night. So much so that the broadcast on +1 was pulled by ITV

Well if Sky isn't putting the footage in the article, they must know that it's not good. I did a little YouTube search to try and find the footage in question, and even GBNews seemingly refused to actually air it when they discussed the matter. The few bits of footage I could find uploaded by random channels seems imply that he was quite unwell, and probably should have not continued the broadcast.

I'm thinking it could possibly be a stroke? Slurring is a telltale sign of it, but I couldn't notice any other physical symptoms.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Comped said:

Well if Sky isn't putting the footage in the article, they must know that it's not good. I did a little YouTube search to try and find the footage in question, and even GBNews seemingly refused to actually air it when they discussed the matter. The few bits of footage I could find uploaded by random channels seems imply that he was quite unwell, and probably should have not continued the broadcast.

I'm thinking it could possibly be a stroke? Slurring is a telltale sign of it, but I couldn't notice any other physical symptoms.

Probably a mini stroke. They’re quite scary but it would be expected for a man his age to make a full recovery. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Twitter is wondering where Sangita Myska is. She's been awol from her usual slot on LBC.

She's an outstanding journalist. Think she's been taken off for criticising Netanyahu.

36 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Probably a mini stroke. They’re quite scary but it would be expected for a man his age to make a full recovery. 

I thought he was way under 56 to be honest with you. Looks quite a bit younger to me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TQR said:

She's an outstanding journalist. Think she's been taken off for criticising Netanyahu.

I think LBC would say that. I didn’t see any social media backlash  to anything she said or anyone official complaining. 

7 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Rageh Omar Receiving medical care after stumbling over words and struggling to read during the News at Ten last night. So much so that the broadcast on +1 was pulled by ITV

Recovering at home

Bruce Arnold (Wiki) an English journalist who worked in Ireland and who was one of the journalists at the centre of a phone tapping Scandal in 1982 which brought down former Irish PM Charles Haughey 10 years later, Dead aged 87

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Bruce Arnold (Wiki) an English journalist who worked in Ireland and who was one of the journalists at the centre of a phone tapping Scandal in 1982 which brought down former Irish PM Charles Haughey 10 years later, Dead aged 87

The Scandal of Ulysses. Wonderful work. RIP.

BBC news editor Richard Warry has died.

54 minutes ago, RetroGamer47 said:

Sam Rubin, KTLA reporter, dead at 64. (Not really sure where to put it)

Sad news, he was a fixture on local morning TV here in the L.A. market on KTLA as an entertainment reporter.  Didn't realize he was also featured on morning TV in the UK as well.  

3 hours ago, RetroGamer47 said:

Sam Rubin, KTLA reporter, dead at 64. (Not really sure where to put it)

I actually remember him form a contentious interview he had with Mel Gibson. He was questioning Mel about his controversial remarks back in 2006, and he responded by asking him if he "had a dog in this fight" drawing attention to his Jewish last name.

He also once confused Samuel L Jackson with Laurence Fishburne in the middle of an interview.

• Like 1

On 10/05/2024 at 13:46, MrWonderful said:

Sad news, he was a fixture on local morning TV here in the L.A. market on KTLA as an entertainment reporter.  Didn't realize he was also featured on morning TV in the UK as well.  

Also appeared on an Australian daytime show reporting on Hollywood stuff. He had apparently called in sick that morning, later calling in to a local radio station to wish a former colleague well on her retirement. Next thing is that KTLA are reporting his death a couple of hours later.

On 10/05/2024 at 16:46, MrWonderful said:

They only mentioned the UK and Australia in the article, but I'm pretty sure he was on some Canadian programs as well...

BBC reporter/investigative journo Martin Young (wiki) dead at 76.

Telegraph obit.

EDIT! Ninjaaaaaad by Willz

• Like 1