JR976evil

Journalists

34 minutes ago, time said:

Music journalist and writer Neil Kulkarni reported dead on Twitter, seemingly suddenly, certainly unexpected.

Born ~Sep 1972 according to BMD, so he was 51. Looks pretty rough for that age. Bad living?

Swells, Kulkinari, Fadele... all the big IPC edgelords of the early 90s failing to make it to retirement age. Here's hoping Everett True's next.

Former Guardian columnist, two-time murderer and serial fantasist/liar Erwin James dead at 66.

• Like 1

Charles Osgood, American news anchor and journalist, dead aged 91. Anchored CBS Sunday Morning and hosted a daily radio commentary The Osgood File. Also the narrator in the 2008 Horton Hears A Who! film.

Obituaries: The SunThe IndependentDaily Mail

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Former Guardian columnist, two-time murderer and serial fantasist/liar Erwin James dead at 66.

You know, when I read that line and clicked I was intrigued and thought that he was a Guardian columnist who then went on to murder two people.

Can't say I'm not disappointed.

German music journalist Jan Wigger, main music critic for SPIEGEL, dead at 50:

https://www.spiegel.de/kultur/musik/jan-wigger-musikjournalist-fuer-spiegel-und-rolling-stone-gestorben-a-7eb13663-3b27-44f8-841c-43406901199c

He was a bit too hipster to me, but I still read his opinions. Seems like middle age deaths of music journalists are an international phenomenon.

• Like 1

On 08/04/2019 at 00:35, Toast said:

Update on the Headington Shark house.  Bill's son has been renting it out on Air B&B without change of use permission from the council. He's clearly a chip off the old block.
https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/24071492.headington-shark-house-owner-banned-renting-airbnb/?ref=socialflow&fbclid=IwAR1SRQweihgqqfFnplSjfSo-T3SkkywfUvMiQQeh4pcMgr5zwih8SFVyslo

54 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Bill Cunningham, who covered the Vietnam War for CBC news and helped named its flagship news program 'The National', died January 31st. He was 91. His death was being reported today (February 17th).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/bill-cunningham-obituary-1.7118774

He'll likely also make the news in some US border cities (and maybe as far as Boston) given how prevalent CBC reception was for many years in the northern US.

• Like 1

On 30/10/2021 at 13:37, YoungWillz said:

Charles otherwise Charlie Bird, Irish journalist diagnosed with MND: https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/charlie-bird-opens-up-motor-25315481

Like Maire Mhac, bit of a punt on an Irish national, but journalist so probably get some coverage here....maybe...possibly...

Things probably looking worse in recent times for Charlie Bird: 

19 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Things probably looking worse in recent times for Charlie Bird: 

Pic of him last week

adcbc048-6fa3-4f6c-92cb-0d85f5ac547c.jpg

12-18 months I'd say 

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Pic of him last week

adcbc048-6fa3-4f6c-92cb-0d85f5ac547c.jpg

12-18 months I'd say 

Won’t see 2025 imho, sounds like going downhill fast, be very surprised if he makes xmas

On 04/10/2023 at 10:17, Brad252 said:

The Met police announced an investigation in Wootton, and while a number of outlets reported this, many of their articles have since been taken down after legal threats. There is speculation he has some significant dirt he can use to blackmail with.

On 04/10/2023 at 10:23, Spade_Cooley said:

For such a minor talent to have such a major pull, he must know where more skeletons are buried than Ian Brady.

No further action by the cops on Dan Wootton: https://www.itv.com/news/london/2024-02-21/dan-wootton-cleared-as-police-forces-decide-to-take-no-further-action

Hmm.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

There's no "hmm" to it. 

Spiteful ex boyfriend of his who has harassed, stalked and abused him, and then when he ran out of road started telling porky pies to the police.

• Like 1

Wotton has helped put many celebs on trial by media so his quote is …

14 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

There's no "hmm" to it. 

Spiteful ex boyfriend of his who has harassed, stalked and abused him, and then when he ran out of road started telling porky pies to the police.

My hmm was to indicate perhaps a lack of evidence in the first place.

And also the symbiotic relationship between the police and journalists.

Think how long some of the now cleared Yewtree celebs were under investigation. The dismissal is either quick because there was nothing there in the first place and/or something else. Anyhow, maybe he will be a little less of a journalistic bully now he's seen it from the other end.

I have little to no opinion on the man himself, mind you. I can't like or hate him with what little I've seen of him.

Great presenter, hope to see him back on GB News again real soon now the investigation is over 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BonScott said:

Great presenter, hope to see him back on GB News again real soon now the investigation is over 

He doesn’t want to go back. He’s got shares though so they’ll have to strike a deal and buy him out.

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

He doesn’t want to go back. He’s got shares though so they’ll have to strike a deal and buy him out.

A lesson to all companies to not give shares to employees if goy then risk them being linked longer than desirable. 

5 hours ago, BonScott said:

He's still suspended because of the exchange between him and Fox about Ava Jones (Fox got sacked for making the controversial remarks, Wootton suspended for laughing at them and not intervening to stop Fox).

• Like 1

Wootton to sue Byline Times who named him whilst he was under investigation. 

This is what happens when a bunch of amateurs think they will start their own news organisation by making their first “scoop” something that borders on illegality. I hope he rinses them tbf.

8 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Wootton to sue Byline Times who named him whilst he was under investigation. 

This is what happens when a bunch of amateurs think they will start their own news organisation by making their first “scoop” something that borders on illegality. I hope he rinses them tbf.

It's all over Twitter that this was financed by Meghan Markle's supporters aka the Sussex Squad.