The Unknown Man

The Dead Of 2012

Sergei Sokolov, former Minister of Defense for the USSR and commander of the ground troops during the Invasion of Afghanistan, has died at the ripe old age of 101.

No English obits yet, but he is a unique pick by theme team Twenty Tons of Fun? on the DDP.

By English obit you mean English language or English (as in England ) news.

This might be a wee bit obscure, but given there's a load of music lovers on here, someone might wish to know that George Gallacher of Glasgow blues band The Poets died on the 28th, age 68.

Racing man Lord Oaksey has died aged 83.

Several people have picked him for various pools.

only 66 I thought he was older than that .

66 is actually I think a little young to die these days. 66 was considered old 100 years ago.

Sergei Sokolov, former Minister of Defense for the USSR and commander of the ground troops during the Invasion of Afghanistan, has died at the ripe old age of 101.

No English obits yet, but he is a unique pick by theme team Twenty Tons of Fun? on the DDP.

YE-E-ES!!!

It's been twenty tons of frustration up to now! Someone in the UK has to report it, right?

66 is actually I think a little young to die these days. 66 was considered old 100 years ago.

Seems a lot older when you throw leukaemia into the mix

Yea one of the worst types of cancer imo you don't hear many people beating leukemia or it going into remission like some other cancers.

Yea one of the worst types of cancer imo you don't hear many people beating leukemia or it going into remission like some other cancers.

Not an expert on leukaemia but I think successful treatment of it pretty variable, dependent on factors like how soon it's diagnosed and treated, how old/healthy patient is, whether or not compatible bone marrow can be found etc

Very sorry to hear of the Nutkinster's passing. As a young lad, I met him at London Zoo when our class were selected for a feature on Newsround about red squirrels and their habitat. He put us all at ease before we went on before the cameras, gave us bags of nuts to give to the squirrels and had all the enthuiasm that he became famous for in his TV career.

For years my claim to fame was based on the above where I blithely said "You can see me throwing Terry Nutkin's nuts on television".

Alas, this is prior to You Tube....

It's been twenty tons of frustration up to now! Someone in the UK has to report it, right?

Well, I've no idea if The Man In Black has already seen the obit, but just in case he hasn't - http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/10416942

Well, I've no idea if The Man In Black has already seen the obit, but just in case he hasn't - http://www.guardian....rticle/10416942

They never show up on Google you know!

Cheers OoO, I'd just logged on to find such a link.

Just like to say RIP Terry,great bloke from my childhood watching TV,had a seal for a pet,fucking brilliant,also just found out he had 8 kids,maybe he should've been called Terry Nutsack?
  • Like 1

Just like to say RIP Terry,great bloke from my childhood watching TV,had a seal for a pet,fucking brilliant,also just found out he had 8 kids,maybe he should've been called Terry Nutsack?

Johnny Morris also left Nutkins most of his estate in his will. So while I'm not saying that they were gay lovers, they're both dead so we can't libel them any more.

• Like 1

Johnny Morris also left Nutkins most of his estate in his will. So while I'm not saying that they were gay lovers, they're both dead so we can't libel them any more.

More likley Johnny Morris left him the money as Mr nutkins was the only person still talking to hin when he died, JM by all accounts was a very vindictive and precious human being who would take pleasure in bullying those who he felt had slighted him.

Best regards

Syd

More likley Johnny Morris left him the money as Mr nutkins was the only person still talking to hin when he died, JM by all accounts was a very vindictive and precious human being who would take pleasure in bullying those who he felt had slighted him.

Best regards

Syd

But all those animals liked talking to him.

• Like 1

Well, considering he banged out 8 children during his marriage, including two after Morris' death, I doubt TN was gay.

Well, considering he banged out 8 children during his marriage, including two after Morris' death, I doubt TN was gay.

I don't think Spade was suggesting JM was the mother unsure.gif

Maybe he was bisexual???

Maybe he was bisexual???

Or maybe *shock horror* they were just mates?

• Like 2

'Sexploitation' film-maker Stanley Long has died from natural causes aged 78.

He was responsible for x-rated gems such as Nudist Memories (1959), Take Off Your Clothes and Live (1963) and The Wife Swappers (1969). In more mainstream offerings he was responsible for the 'Adventures of...' movies (Taxi Driver, Plumber's Mate - not to be confused with the 'Confessions of...' films).

Tomas Evjen @ 39 , poducer of the well mentioned Zombie flik Dead Snow http://translate.goo...ved=0CDwQ7gEwAQ

Guest Gary

Lance LeGault, aka Colonel Decker from the A-Team has passed away-one of the great character actor 'heavies' from my childhood.