BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

24 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I wonder if hospitals ever treat the admission of any 99 year old as an emergency - I can't imagine all the doctors and nurses rushing round the hospital desperately trying to prolong the life of a 99 year old but maybe they do.

• Like 1

It looks like he's facing a 3rd night in hospital, perhaps they're waiting for the undertakers to come and take measurements? I think The Palace will be making an announcement by the weekend, here's hoping.

3 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

I wonder if hospitals ever treat the admission of any 99 year old as an emergency - I can't imagine all the doctors and nurses rushing round the hospital desperately trying to prolong the life of a 99 year old but maybe they do.

It's who he is, not what he is. It's always been rules for us and no rules for them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Maybe if they injured in an accident/fall or need something like a stent.

3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-harry-now-self-isolating-23526260

Prince Harry self isolating in case he has to fly over - hard to tell if this is accurate or not. But if true then maybe the Duke is on the way out.

He isn't coming out of hospital.

3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-harry-now-self-isolating-23526260

Prince Harry self isolating in case he has to fly over - hard to tell if this is accurate or not. But if true then maybe the Duke is on the way out.

I like the fact that the article still claims Prince Philip is his grandfather. haha.

24 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

I like the fact that the article still claims Prince Philip is his grandfather. haha.

Harry is a much, much closer likeness to Philip than James Hewitt. 

And he has the colouring of his mother's side of the family.

I have more belief in the claims Andrew is the result of an affair between the Queen and Lord Porchester, in all honesty.

elle-prince-harry-prince-philip-1530894555.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

He was supposed to stay there for 2-3 days, now the whole week end ? I was confident he would pull through, now I’m not

30 minutes ago, Man About The Forum said:

I have more belief in the claims Andrew is the result of an affair between the Queen and Lord Porchester, in all honesty.

How fucking dare you!

The Queen will be the first Protestant Saint!

13 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

He was supposed to stay there for 2-3 days, now the whole week end ? I was confident he would pull through, now I’m not

They said a few days but by Monday it be 6 which is quite concerning.

15 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

He has been in lockdown with his wife. Probably bored to fuck. Maybe he just wants a weekend on his own while she does queenie things in Windsor. This is his best way out. And he can touch up a few nurses at the same time. He might drag it out for weeks or until the sexual/racial harassment claims start piling in. 

Hmmmm. Perhaps he is a bit more unwell than is being let on. If I'm not mistaken Margaret died in Hospital so their's relatively recent  precedent for a Royal passing in a hospital rather than a residence 

20 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Hmmmm. Perhaps he is a bit more unwell than is being let on. If I'm not mistaken Margaret died in Hospital so their's relatively recent  precedent for a Royal passing in a hospital rather than a residence 

Princess Margaret had much more severe health issues than the Duke of Edinburgh though. I'm still not reading too much into this in all honesty, I still expect him to be discharged sometime next week. Think they're just being careful - no significant signs of concern from the family just yet.

• Like 2

I asked a friend about this today. He wasn't sure but thinks the Prince is in hospital with renal issues. Pretty common in older people. How serious it is I'm not sure. My own gran was in and out of hospital like a yo-yo with it for years in her 80s and 90s. Heart failure got her in the end though.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I asked a friend about this today. He wasn't sure but thinks the Prince is in hospital with renal issues. Pretty common in older people. How serious it is I'm not sure. My own gran was in and out of hospital like a yo-yo with it for years in her 80s and 90s. Heart failure got her in the end though.

He got a urinary infection around the Diamond Jubilee didn't he?

10 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

He got a urinary infection around the Diamond Jubilee didn't he?

Apparently.

I have a vague recollection of this. All his hospitalisations sort of blur into one with me.

15 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Sounds like the type of thing that could go either way. Still think even if makes 100 wouldn't be surprised if wasn't around for 101 

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

She had a stroke and then rapid heart issues rather than a chronic condition worsening.

The Times tells us how optimistic the family must be because he has no visitors.