themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2013

Well it's back folks.

For most on here it's the usual drill but for newcomers and lurkers here are the procedures:

On the front page and the rules page there's a direct link to the email to send to me with the entry form all set out...

Here is what to do to send an entry to Derby Dead Pool 2013:

Team Name: Put your team name here. Make sure it’s original!

Joker (Pick 1): Will win double points should they cark it.

Pick 2: AN Other etc (try not adding Sirs/Dames etc).

Pick 3: If they are on the obscure side, maybe a word or about who they are.

Pick 4: Similar named celebs (Phil Taylor, Frank Williams etc) Let me know which one!

Pick 5: Make sure they are still alive!

Pick 6: Make sure they are all different. No Duplicates please.

Pick 7: Make sure they are all different. No Duplicates please.

Pick 8: See, I told you to make sure they are different!

Pick 9: Don’t add too many “middle” names (James Paul McCartney etc).

Pick 10: Unless of course they are known by their full name (Jerry Lee Lewis etc).

Pick 11:

Pick 12:

Pick 13:

Pick 14:

Pick 15:

Pick 16:

Pick 17:

Pick 18:

Pick 19:

Pick 20:

Reserve Pick(s): A maximum of three picks. Put them in order so if any celeb goes before December 31st, then the next one will come next into the list. Should the Joker die, the replacement has to be from the remaining 19.

Additional Information (alternative emails etc): Have you entered before and want to change the team name? Are you a theme team? Do you want the regular emails to go somewhere else?

The rules are here: http://www.derbydead...nd_scoring.html

Good luck everybody!

Hi TMIB ''Picks that are on trial or are put on trial and are found guilty and executed are not disqualified but will not claim the unnatural points bonus''.

So for example if I picked saif Gaddafi would the line above cover him? I will get the standard points for him?

Yes, he's not been sentenced (indeed I don't think he's even been on trial yet!). Should he go on trial, get convicted and then executed, you will get standard points for the death, as it is deemed "natural" through justice. If he tops himself (the Goering option), then you have a points bonanza.

Still one of only four teams who can still win the tournament with a single death, but I'm not holing hope out.

I could still get up there with one hit...as long as that hit involves a rocket blowing one of my unique terrorists into a thousand pieces. :)

Still one of only four teams who can still win the tournament with a single death, but I'm not holing hope out.

I could still get up there with one hit...as long as that hit involves a rocket blowing one of my unique terrorists into a thousand pieces. :)

There are all sorts of permutations that could be played, including possible hits on the 13th and Christmas Day...

Are we still allowed three teams?

Yes.

And with this tweet I can safely start focussing on 2013 and forget about 2012. Not even gonna risk her next year, tbh.

Thems the breaks my son. Onwards and upwards...

Got a top 10 finish, which is what I set out for this year. Still one of only four teams who can still win the tournament with a single death, but I'm not holing hope out.

I think you'll find it's 5 - alright, it needs Mesrob II Mutafyan to either 1) die on the 13th, or 2) be assassinated or die un-naturally, but that would bring shock DDP glory to OoO Towers if it did happen.

Blackie, by the way, yes, no problem, send me the list as & when.

I'll get my list together once I can locate my pad of half scribbled notes.

I've done much better than I thought I would on my debut year, 8/20 and currently laying in joint 35th.

Somehow though, I think that's pretty much my lot for the year as I can't envisign anyone else carking it.

I'm not sure picking Anthonia Onuoha for this year's DDP was one of my smartest moves. She's dead, but she isn't seeing anything at all in the way of obit action yet...

I'm not sure picking Anthonia Onuoha for this year's DDP was one of my smartest moves. She's dead, but she isn't seeing anything at all in the way of obit action yet...

I think you've been unlucky there, I'm surprised she hasn't been mentioned anywhere given the amount of controversy surrounding it...I guess now the press have hounded Cook out there not interested...

I think you've been unlucky there, I'm surprised she hasn't been mentioned anywhere given the amount of controversy surrounding it...I guess now the press have hounded Cook out there not interested...

It seems that according to some sections of the press, if you're dying it's news and unless you're famous, if you're dead it isn't.

And some people think that our respected death-related sites are callous...

Sure seems that way, it's why the tragic life story picks in the DDP rarely get an obituary once they've actually died.

Saying that, I'm going with a few risky picks next year...

In hindsight a Mildands based theme team - only 1 hit - wasn't a good idea unless there's an atomic strike over Birmingham.

In hindsight a Mildands based theme team - only 1 hit - wasn't a good idea unless there's an atomic strike over Birmingham.

Beats my theme team, which managed to keep the score at a nice round zéro points. Of course, there's still some 2012 left. My main team just scored its 4th hit with Besse Cooper!

Anyway, I've decided to change tactics with DDP and do some actual research, rather than choosing interesting picks.

regards,

Hein

Yeah, it's that time of the year to blankly stare at the names of people you'd scribbled down in the past 12 months and try and work out if they're actually famous or not.

Yeah, it's that time of the year to blankly stare at the names of people you'd scribbled down in the past 12 months and try and work out if they're actually famous or not.

Yes, and it's time for me to look blankly at a list of names and think "who the fuck are they?"

Yes, and it's time for me to look blankly at a list of names and think "who the fuck are they?"

Wrestlers or terminally ill mothers, usually.

I can't get enough of them...

There's a joke in there somewhere about my ex-husband, but I'm too pissed to work it out.

I was thinking that, in reality, 20 out of 20 shouldn't be that difficult, considering the amount of people who die in a year, but I agree with Blackie, 15 is the likely record for now.

I'm pleased with my year this year, because it's proved I'm still able to challenge. Especially so, because of my 2010 win. I gave up running it in 2009, and athough it was entered fair & square, it must've looked shifty to some when I won in 2010 (albeit with a low score), and even more so, when I was absolutely nowhere in 2011.

No-one else has said it, but thank you, TMIB for running it another year. It's an colossal and thankless task.

Agreed!

Whats the ruliing on Saif al-Islam?

Will we still get points if he is executed? No ruling has been made yet.

It was mentioned earlier by TMIB that he'll count, just no unnatural death points.

• Like 1

If the ruling is made before Dec 31st then if he is executed you don't get points. If he dies any other way, you do get points.

If the ruling is made after Dec 31st then if he is executed you do get points but not the unnatural points bonus.

• Like 1