Windsor

The Dead Of 2013

Guest Guest

Randy Runyon. Chucko the clown wont be chuckling any more.

No self respecting parent would let their kids anywhere near a clown called Randy :unsure:

Sir Denis Forman, former chairman of Granada TV has died aged 95.

A hit for Moribund Krakatoa's Playhour...

Are you sure s/he doesn't mean this Denis Foreman?

Are you sure s/he doesn't mean this Denis Foreman?

Nah, because he said on the email it was the Granada TV executive. Name will be adjusted to suit in the next update, which will be in the next few hours...

Former U.S. Surgeon General, C. Everett Koop, has died. I wonder if he had his Life Alert?

Former U.S. Surgeon General, C. Everett Koop, has died. I wonder if he had his Life Alert?

I'll miss his funky beard.

Confirmed http://ktla.com/2013/02/25/former-surgeon-general-c-everett-koop-dies-at-96/#axzz2LxcXIktB and only 2 fays after I read of the Ali G curse as proposed by Ulitzer ohmy.png

I see a pattern developing here...

Ali G interviewed Andy Rooney (died Nov 2011), Gore Vidal (died 2012), Bhodes Royson (died 2012) and Buzz Aldrin (who he spoke to about Neil Armstrong, died 2012).

Tony Benn, C. Everett Koop, Buzz Aldrin, Donald Trump, Boutros Boutros-Ghali, Pat Bucanan, Noam Chomsky, Al-Fayed, Stansfield Turner and Sam Donaldson were all interviewed by Cohen as Ali G as well... interesting

Today programme on BBC Radio Four just reported Derek Batey dead.

So do we:

a) Scour youtube for a fitting tribute.

B) Shrug our shoulders, collate a few dead pool points and move on.

c) Discuss how many other game show hosts of that era continue to breathe?

Belated RIP to Derek Batey,on our list at work,our 3rd this year

Marie-Claire Alain

The night horn has sounded for the renowned French organist at the age of 86. She recorded the complete organ works of J S Bach no less than 3 times and also championed the work of her older brother, the composer Jehan Alain, who was a casualty of WWII.

Guest Guest

Van Cliburn. Please move this if better somewhere else. http://t.co/b1aug7R4gi

Biggest death of the year so far I'd say. One of the modern greats. Amazed he's never been on the list!

Biggest death of the year so far I'd say. One of the modern greats. Amazed he's never been on the list!

To be honest, I'd never heard of him before the start of the year when his name appeared on lots of lists. Maybe the committee hadn't either.

• Like 3

Bugger he was on my longlist, but failed to make it on to my final list due to me picking two themed teams in the end

Crazy, I had a dream where Cliburn died last night... Mickey Rooney and Jack Pardee also died in said dream and there was convo on DL about how Jaruzelski was now the last alive from DL98.

To be honest, I'd never heard of him before the start of the year when his name appeared on lots of lists. Maybe the committee hadn't either.

I never did either until shortling team for last year, he must be pretty big had bbc obit instantly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-21607436

Guest Guest

He was the musical equivalent of Alexander Solzhenitysn. Helped break down the cold war barrier.Can't believe som e of you havent heard of him!

He was the musical equivalent of Alexander Solzhenitysn. Helped break down the cold war barrier.Can't believe som e of you havent heard of him!

Really? He was a dissident? Political prisoner? Exile?

Really? He was a dissident? Political prisoner? Exile?

Anti-Semite? Wife-beater?

Back to Van Cliburn, I thought the name sounded familiar and wondered why but it's probably due to Derby Dead Pool.

I think in terms of drawing parallels with Cliburn I'd call him the music equivalent of the Miracle on Ice US hockey team rather than of Solzhenitsyn. Both Cliburn and the hockey team were in competitions where the Soviets very much had the upper hand but both defied the odds and prevailed over the Soviets.

I think in terms of drawing parallels with Cliburn I'd call him the music equivalent of the Miracle on Ice US hockey team rather than of Solzhenitsyn. Both Cliburn and the hockey team were in competitions where the Soviets very much had the upper hand but both defied the odds and prevailed over the Soviets.

That makes much more sense.