Is this for when the egg hatches? Put me down for Sept 9th.

Are we absolutely sure she is pregnant or is she just trying to spin the press out with constant speculation about her reproductive system (A sort of balck and white furry Jordan)?

• Like 2

Are we absolutely sure she is pregnant or is she just trying to spin the press out with constant speculation about her reproductive system (A sort of balck and white furry Jordan)?

Don't know if she's pregnant, not do I care much.

Giant panda's are silly animals anyway: vegetarian bears in the colour scheme of penguins.[1] Can't they make up their minds?

[1]Ok, Giant pandas have one interesting feature: their thumb.

regards,

Hein

Giant panda's are silly animals anyway: vegetarian bears in the colour scheme of penguins.[1] Can't they make up their minds?

regards,

Hein

You remind me of a bloke at work who despises Pandas because he heard somewhere they were an evolutionary deadend. He argues that people throw money into conserving them because they look cute, whereas there are other, less attractive animals more in need of funds.

You remind me of a bloke at work who despises Pandas because he heard somewhere they were an evolutionary deadend. He argues that people throw money into conserving them because they look cute, whereas there are other, less attractive animals more in need of funds.

I'm not so certain about the "evolutionary deadend" part. A good argument can be made that that qualification is only valid for extinct species, which Giant Pandas aren't. That said, I certainly sympathise with that bloke's POV. Considering that there are some 2000 Giant Pandas knocking about, of which some 1600 live in the wild and more than 300 in captivity[1], all the effort and money spent on their conservation may well prove futile. As I understand it, quite a few of the wild ones effectively live in panda farms.

The problem is, of course, not with the pandas, but with us. Habitat destruction is the sole cause of their precarious conservation status. In that respect their situation is a fine example of the plight many, if not all, endangered species find themselves in. Captive breeding may save those species from immediate extinction, but I fail to see how it'll save them in the long run. Once extinct in the wild they'll never live in the wild again, even when there's a thriving captive population.

Giant Pandas are the poster species of wildlife protection, a Good Thing I suppose, but it's quite tragic that other species go extinct due to clearing of tropical rain forests every day. Most of those species are plants or insects and other invertebrates; species far less sexy than pandas. The tragedy is that many of those species go without us knowing they existed.

[1]Is Breeding Pandas in Captivity Worth It?

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

regards,

Hein

Heard that opinion expressed as Panda just sit there and are rubbish at breeding but the same could be said of most Modern Warfare players

• Like 1

Admittedly, I like pandas, but pandas as the poster child for endangered species bring in lots of useful donations that can go towards the "less photogenic" endangered animals. Well, I say less photogenic, I think axolotxls look lovely, but apparently they are considered bloody ugly, but can do with conservation as much as yawning baby tigers.

The panda was selected as the symbol for the WWF following a vote amongst school children probably sometime around 1976 there were four animals proposed but the panda was a runaway winner.

I am hoping this is not something I imagined I remember!

Everyone thinks pandas are cute but they can fuck off, with their funny eyes and eating bamboo and pretending not to shag for years. Attention seeking little cunts.

• Like 2

Everyone thinks pandas are cute but they can fuck off, with their funny eyes and eating bamboo and pretending not to shag for years. Attention seeking little cunts.

Hmmmm.... I'm married and have'nt had a shag for years!! I am currently seeking attention also... I wonder if further down my blood line, a panda was thown into the mix!!

:o

Well I like pandas. Elephants can fuck off though.

Yeh but at least elephants are useful, a hollowed out foot makes an excellent safari-themed umbrella stand.

Yeh but at least elephants are useful, a hollowed out foot makes an excellent safari-themed umbrella stand.

That, and they kill elderly Frenchmen. The article fails to explain why the elephant played petanque.

regards,

Hein

That, and they kill elderly Frenchmen. The article fails to explain why the elephant played petanque.

regards,

Hein

I think it's obvious why the elephant plays petanque - he can't hold a croquet bat.

And funnily enough, my town has a two-tonne elephant named Tanya - to be found legs akimbo out back of Wetherspoons on a Friday night.

• Like 2

If appears that Tian Tian's pregnancy dates may be a little out!

"If Tian Tian is to give birth, it may happen two weeks later than previously thought, experts at Edinburgh Zoo have said."

Sounds to me like their clutching at bamboo shoots!

http://www.scotsman....ssing-1-3083391

• Like 1

<sfx_imitate="homer">

Hmm, baby panda...

</sfx_imitate>

regards,

Hein

According to latest reports, Tian Tian is no longer expecting a cub.

According to latest reports, Tian Tian is no longer expecting a cub.

Why am I not surprised?

It was probably a ploy to try and get extra benefits.

• Like 1

Chris Packham was right, let the fucking parasites make themselves extinct...

Chris Packham was right, let the fucking parasites make themselves extinct...

They made it this far. How were they to know some greedy bastards were going to want to chop down all the bamboo.