Spade_Cooley

The 100 Club

Because she is eight years younger of her claimed age, and that's pretty much documented, but she and her family insist.

Saalumarada's real birth date is a weird case...

She's apparently considered a potentially true supercentenarian claim by some 110club users, the Indian media has given a lot of birthdates/years for her, ranging from 1910 to 1919. She herself said that she was "101" around 2012 or 2013.

However, what's interesting is that there's an article by The Hindu from December 2003 available on Wayback Machine/Internet Archive:

https://web.archive.org/web/20031205092109/http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/mp/2003/12/01/stories/2003120101760100.htm

Bharata Yatra Kendra, very thoughtfully, got this 75-year-old woman to inaugurate Kannada writer-photographer K.P. Purnachandra Tejasvi's photography exhibition, Haaraduva Haadugalu, in Bangalore last week.

That's probably closer to the truth. Seventy-five in December 2003 would make her around 93 or 94 now. 

• Like 2

So real ages may be 94 for Saalumarada and Fauja, 105 for McLaurin. Still impressive ages, but nothing comparable to their unsubstantiated claims.

13 minutes ago, drol said:

So real ages may be 94 for Saalumarada and Fauja, 105 for McLaurin. Still impressive ages, but nothing comparable to their unsubstantiated claims.

Reminds me of when Ruby Muhammad died. I told Mrs msc and said that she (Ruby) had "claimed to be 112 but was only 105". Cue howls of laughter, ,which turned out to be about my use of the word "only" there!

Anyhow, that's what these people remind me of. 

• Like 2

Zou Yan (Wiki), a Chinese general dead at 107

He was a founding major general (shaojiang) of the People's Liberation Army (PLA). He was a representative of the 9th, 11th, 12th, 13th National Congress of the Chinese Communist Party, and a member of the 12th Central Commission for Discipline Inspection.

The 106-year-old founding major general made great contributions, but he  never killed the enemy himself, only issued the execution of "Mountain  Eagle" - iNEWS 

• Like 2

On 31/10/2021 at 00:29, arghton said:

I feel like soon we might enter an era where there will be no living notable supercentenarians. Not mentioning the ones who might not be the age they claim to be, there are only six notable centenarians born before 1914 currently:

1. Stanisław Kowalski (1910-2022) Polish masters athlete and reason why the M105 WMA division was created in 2015, in great condition and potential future World's Oldest Man. The current world's oldest man is only 14 months older than he is. Died on the 5th of April 2022. 

2 1. Marita Camacho Quiros (1911-) First Lady of Costa Rica 1962-1966, widow of Francisco Orlich Bolmarcich (1907-1969). Wheelchair-bound and likely a dementia sufferer.

3. Eileen Ash (1911-2021) Cricketer, played seven test matches for England 1937-1949. Declined during the last year, could turn out to be a strong one though. Died ca. 3rd of December 2021.

4. Jessie Lichauco (1912-2021) Cuban-born American-Filipino philanthropist, turned her house into a makeshift hospital during WWII, widow of diplomat Marcial Lichauco (1902-1971). Frail and in a wheelchair. Died ca. 3rd of November 2021.

5 4 3. Dagny Carlsson (1912-2022) Swedish blogger and television personality. Has suffered from lung-related troubles, moved to a nursing home and recently donated her house to a cancer research foundation. Died suddenly on the 24th of March 2022 at 109.

3 2. Luis Torras (1912-) Spanish painter. Frail, but able to stand.

-. Luang Pho Yai (1913-2022) Buddhist monk who gained fame on social media in February 2022 for looking ancient. Died on the 22nd of March 2022 at 109.

6 5 4 3. Boris Pahor (1913-) Slovene novelist living in Italy known for Necropolis. Has looked horrible for over a decade, skeletal for the last three years and looked like an eldritch abomination on his 108th last month. However he can still walk.

Updated for the death of Stanisław Kowalski who died yesterday at the age of 111 as mentioned in World's Oldest, the oldest notable person is now Marita Camacho Quiros, former First Lady of Costa Rica. 

• Like 2

Tomorrow Margia Dean (Wiki) turns 100 and became a centenarian, the first American actress who was born in 1922 to reach 100 so far

Margia Dean — The Movie Database (TMDB)       2007 Williamsburg Film Festival Photos

• Confused 7

6 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Any life where Jack Cassidy kills you in Columbo is a life well lived.

Yeah, properly good actor (to think he was cast as an old villain in Some Like It Hot back in the 50s) and that's a remarkably good age. RIP.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2022 at 08:48, Gisooo said:

Fauja Singh reached 111

Simran Jeet Singh on Twitter: "In a year of incredible struggle, here's a  story of resilience that I hope brings some joy to you. 10 years ago, Fauja  Singh became the first

So, the debate on his age might get lively if he goes this year. Four teams (mine included) currently fielding him on DDP and the difference  between claimed and apparent is a whopping two points. Frankly, if he's 17 years younger than what he claims the man's a total chancer. A year or two with no birth certificate just about makes sense but 1911 or 1928, come on...either you remember Ghandi being sentenced to six years in jail, or you don't

1 hour ago, Gisooo said:

Tomorrow Margia Dean (Wiki) turns 100 and became a centenarian, the first American actress who was born in 1922 to reach 100 so far

Margia Dean - Actor Filmography، photos، Video     Margia Dean — The Movie Database (TMDB)       2007 Williamsburg Film Festival Photos

Excuse me but it seems to me that you have misunderstood me, I am talking about the group of actors who were born in 1922 in America, not in general for all over the years. For example Betty, Joan and Barbara (born 1922) could not make 100

• Like 3

Well here's another new picture of Fauja Singh, posted on a facebook page on the 4th of April:

faujasingh.png.078b112de8645ed1ae5fc319d3e2f56e.png

Doesn't look like someone who'll see 2023 to me.

• Like 1

There was a post on FB earlier stating that American (UK-based) dancer Ann Hutchinson Guest MBE (wiki) has died aged 103.

The author has since removed it. Fake news or told to take it down before an official announcement? Hmm, let's see...

Several teams, including myself, have her in the Centenarians Deadpool.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

There was a post on FB earlier stating that American (UK-based) dancer Ann Hutchinson Guest MBE (wiki) has died aged 103.

The author has since removed it. Fake news or told to take it down before an official announcement? Hmm, let's see...

Sadly we lost her, we're waiting for a obit

• Like 2

On 10/04/2022 at 15:32, Ulitzer95 said:

Obit (in German).

Points please @chilean way!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Tweet reporting the death of American historian Charles P. Roland (wiki), at the age of 104.

• Like 3

Oon Chiew Seng (Wiki), a Singaporean physician known for being one of the country's first gynecologist and obstetricians dead at 106

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, arghton said:

Quick and dirty Yahoo UK - https://uk.news.yahoo.com/rock-n-roll-hall-famer-212000001.html

Though I maintain RnRHoF inductee + launching Little Richard's career means he should get something better down the line.

• Like 2

On 13/04/2022 at 21:14, Ulitzer95 said:

Tweet reporting the death of American historian Charles P. Roland (wiki), at the age of 104.

Legacy obit for Charles P. Roland. Many Muricans centenarians gone recently.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

Jan Stangryciuk - I will let Dan Snow explain:

• Like 3

American television and radio newscaster Ruth Ashton Taylor (Wiki) turns 100 today and became a centenarian :birthday2:

15 Ruth Ashton Taylor Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images 

• Like 1