themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2014

It comes as part of Yahoo, yes...

Why can't my picks be under 18?

Because they would clash with your IQ.

You're hilarious. I just don't understand how someone with terminal cancer who turns 18 on the 2nd January isn't allowed but someone who turns 18 on the 31st December is? I can understand the sensitivity towards the issue of predicting a child's death but this seems arbitrary and limiting.

My final question; is a theme team of convicted/on trial famous sex offenders allowed?

You're hilarious. I just don't understand how someone with terminal cancer who turns 18 on the 2nd January isn't allowed but someone who turns 18 on the 31st December is? I can understand the sensitivity towards the issue of predicting a child's death but this seems arbitrary and limiting.

My final question; is a theme team of convicted/on trial famous sex offenders allowed?

Of course but I'm already working on one and mine will be more interesting so don't waste your time.

Of course but I'm already working on one and mine will be more interesting so don't waste your time.

I'll have to find a new theme then, although I expect a very interesting list from you.

Well, I think I used the wrong word there. I just meant more comprehensive and better researched/recalled from memory.

Don't want to sound like I find those those kind of guys too "interesting" do I? Haha. In fact I felt a little ill just writing 10 or so names down/checking Wiki pages for 10-15 minutes.

Well, I think I used the wrong word there. I just meant more comprehensive and better researched/recalled from memory.

Don't want to sound like I find those those kind of guys too "interesting" do I? Haha. In fact I felt a little ill just writing 10 or so names down/checking Wiki pages for 10-15 minutes.

Yeah, just hope the NSA aren't looking to closely.

I'm considering having TMIB find a DDP team in his inbox sooner than expected but I'm still contemplating when.

I'm wandering after a night of drinking and what do I get? DDP ideas and great joy.

2014 .. I can't wait. I'm remaining positive after the year of Mandela and Thatcher and who ever else. Sunny days ahead after whatever the fuck these passed few years have been which they have been different and every year is different.

Tomorrow morning or tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow afternoon.

It'll be interesting to see what the Drop Forty will look like this time - especially at the top, since Thatcher and Mandela both went. We'll have trouble finding someone as iconic as that to replace them, I think. On that count, I hope a lot of people have the good sense/taste to nominate Ozzy Osbourne...

Also as of now there are eight other new empty spaces to be filled and there's every chance of a couple more of them dropping off in the next couple of weeks.

It'll be interesting to see what the Drop Forty will look like this time - especially at the top, since Thatcher and Mandela both went. We'll have trouble finding someone as iconic as that to replace them, I think. On that count, I hope a lot of people have the good sense/taste to nominate Ozzy Osbourne...

Also as of now there are eight other new empty spaces to be filled and there's every chance of a couple more of them dropping off in the next couple of weeks.

Well, I can think of one chap, in his 50s, terminally ill, BBC obit almost guaranteed, chances of seeing 2015 about 0.5%. He'll certainly be on the Drop Forty if he is breathing on the 1st.

Well, I can think of one chap, in his 50s, terminally ill, BBC obit almost guaranteed, chances of seeing 2015 about 0.5%. He'll certainly be on the Drop Forty if he is breathing on the 1st.

Wilko J will definitely be a top 20 pick but I don't think he'll have the #1 spot. I think the Drop 40 will be led by either Zsa Zsa or Prince Philip next year.

• Like 1

Wilko J will definitely be a top 20 pick but I don't think he'll have the #1 spot. I think the Drop 40 will be led by either Zsa Zsa or Prince Philip next year.

Think Carla Laemmle might beat old Phil to it..

I doubt Carla Laemmle will break the top 40. The low yield of points for people over 100 ensures most teams won't add someone that age even if their death is certain within 12 months.

11 teams went for her in 2013. She's not exactly the most known for low hanging fruit, and not worth much in points.

• Like 1

I have a sneaking suspicion you're trolling this forum .

What's the highest hit rate ever recorded for a team in one year?

Regarding Drop 40 I'm gonna agree that Zsa Zsa will be rewarded for her several years of second/third-bananaing and get the #1 spot. Usually isn't your terminally ill picks due to there being plenty of teams out there that mostly just go with high-profile oldies.

I'm guessing Bush Sr. will beat Zsa Zsa for #1 pick. Expect Graham and Jaruzelski to move up the list if they survive to January, while Mubarak, Penny Marshall, and Aretha Franklin to move down or drop off completely.

As for new faces on the Drop Forty, I predict Wilko Johnson and Valerie Harper to make the list, as well as Ray Price in the unlikely event he makes it to January.

The "Red Devils" theme team of 1958 were high performers, I think. Though Bill Foulkes' survival ruled out a clean sweep!

The "Red Devils" theme team of 1958 were high performers, I think. Though Bill Foulkes' survival ruled out a clean sweep!

Derby dead pool existed in 1958?

All three teams sent and locked stupidly early but nevermind. Already realised I forgot one dead cert :banghead:

Well, here we are at last! Let the games begin. I've noticed a few itchy fingers so here are the rules:

As I've been having trouble with emails can you confirm you've recieved my three teams; Deathrays Kervorkian Clinc, Serving Heads of State and Centenarians?

Derby dead pool existed in 1958?

1QLjs.gif

• Like 4

If a person is executed without trial (ala the North Korean adviser who was offed today), would that count for a hit or would it fall under the "executions don't count" rule?

A state execution is a state execution, no matter how "rogue", so the same rule applies.

However, considering the swift justice being applied, they could count under the "Windsor" directive, by which a pick can be chosen before the year's end and proceed to be tried and executed. So as long as the pick has not already been sentenced to death, it would count as a point-scoring hit if it plays out in the way outlined above. However the unnatural points bonus would not be applied...

Edited by themaninblack