Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2014

Just punted a couple of email teams your way - the usual Great Rejoicing theme team and the 2015 Carkers Convention.

So, did Ritchii Kara die off the radar then?

Nah, as said above he's posting regularly on his Facebook and is even considering a drag comeback. I'd make him 50/50 for 2015 tbh, although I have no idea how the final months for a CJD sufferer go tbh.

Yeah, I'm hopeful that CJD will deliver, if you Google Kara you find a helpful site chronicling CJD deaths with a few chillingly young members of the sad little club.

Well I'm quite happy with my joint 36th this year, I think that's my second highest ever placing. Of course I would have won had Josh Brookes been found dead with an orange stuffed up his arse next to the heroin-addled corpse of Grotbags, but there's always next year.

Well I'm quite happy with my joint 36th this year, I think that's my second highest ever placing. Of course I would have won had Josh Brookes been found dead with an orange stuffed up his arse next to the heroin-addled corpse of Grotbags, but there's always next year.

I'm away down at 320th = :-(

I'm away down at 320th = :-(

Joint 51st, a personal best!

Annoyingly I would have finished in the top ten if I'd not dropped my joker on a last minute whim. Schoolboy error, that one.

In wake of Rainer's death I'm poised for finishing right outside the top 10. A fall from my performance in the year before but considering how that could be said for any other competitive team below the top two I can't really complain.

Not an outstanding year for moi, although one of my theme teams has finished higher than the main team :lol: even though I failed to include someone in it that I know. Well, knew -_-

Not an outstanding year for moi, although one of my theme teams has finished higher than the main team :lol: even though I failed to include someone in it that I know. Well, knew -_-

How did you know Harry?

My teams performed lousy in 2014. Main and theme teams both two hits. Because my theme team's joker shuffled her mortal coil it did best at =201. Both were, I admit, rush jobs. This time I did some research (or rather: leaned heavily on some researchers) and hope to do better. My theme team has some new blood, but obitable picks are hard to find.

regards,

Hein

Now theres no chance of jinxing it (he says, knowing the only competitor was a fellow Glaswegian), Congrates Spade! Well deserved.

Thanks man. Aided a little by the low-hanging fruit of the year remaining hanging, a little by people not getting Yosra El-Essawy on their radars, it was a less impressive performance than last year but a win's a win. Next year will be a much tougher run for all.

Well done, Spade. It was like Liverpool's 1980 league championship win. Not as good as '79 but still the same medal at the end of the day.

Overall a bit of a strange year (in more ways than one for me). Close on 250 hits is going to be very difficult to top IMHO...

• Like 1

Aye salutations to the worthy winner.

And, since it's New Year's Day, a bit of show and tell for 2015:

Sam Simon – JOKER

Bhumibol Abdulyadej

Daisy Berkowitz

Tony Booth

Ian Brady

Liz Dawn

Guy Edwards

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Robert John Godfrey

Coleridge Goode

Rev Billy Graham

Kate Granger

Jimmy Hill

Paul Lamb

Eric Lubbock

Shelia Mercier

Misao Okawa

Rob O’ Neill – shot Osama Bin Laden

Bill Speakman VC

Mary Tyler Moore

…and There was Great Rejoicing (Theme: Not exactly the most popular people you could meet.)

1. Michael Adebolajo - Joker

2. Ian Huntley

3. Ian Brady

4. Rolf Harris

5. Fidel Castro

6. Robert Mugabe

7. Rose West

8. Ian Watkins – Lost Prophet

9. Kim Jong-un

10. Hosni Mubarak

11. Tony Blair

12. Ronald Wotton

13. Saif al-Islam Gaddafi

14. Peter Sutcliffe

15. Dennis Neilson

16. Tariq Aziz

17. Imran Khan (cricketer turned politician)

18. Henry Kissenger

19. George HW Bush

20. Stuart Hall

Joint 29th, so a very respectable top 30 placing for one of my teams. The other was a bit lower down, in 237th...

Still, onward and upward into 2015 :ghost2::ghost4::ghost6:

And yes, congratulations Spade on another impressive win!

EDIT: The final tot-up has actually left me in joint 31st and 248th. So not quite top 30, but still my personal best! And I did come first out of 2 teams in Wormfood Bingo...

7 hits, =14th position at the end with 54 points.

That was fair, but my theme team of british comic types had a 100% safe route all the way to 2015.

=490th with about 85 other teams on a big fat lonely zero points score.

Sad that we lost Rick, but how Ken Dodd keeps motoring on amazes me.

…and There was Great Rejoicing (Theme: Not exactly the most popular people you could meet.)

17. Imran Khan (cricketer turned politician)

I thought he was the good guy. You must've confused him with that other Pakistani politician Nawas Sharif.

Yes, well done, Spade. :bow:

regards,

Hein

Whoops, I forgot to mention, headline pun of the year TMIB was "Burney in".

Well done.

Thanks to y'all and surely the villain of the year is Bobby Eaton for not dying during his two periods in an ICU this year and giving me the record point haul in a DDP year.

Thanks to y'all and surely the villain of the year is Bobby Eaton for not dying during his two periods in an ICU this year and giving me the record point haul in a DDP year.

I see your error, you expected Bobby "alleged nicest and most charitable guy in pro-wrestling" Eaton, and got Bobby "biggest heel move in 80s NWA" Eaton.

My turn to be "the stat guy" (but not really)

Here's all the non-theme teams who finished with 0 hits, 0 points in 2014

1 Dead In Ohio
5 Feet And 1 To Go
Aardvark's Bupa Listing
Dead And Don't Know It
Dead Cats Won't Play Fetch
Freddie The Cat
Heads In A Bag
I Told You They Were Sick!
I'm 85 in March and Still a Sicko! (he isn't in this year........ RIP? :()
Infideath
Insert Name Here
Jellydead
Last Train To Palookaville
Melon Smashers & Melon Heads
Next Must Be UZI Right?
Papaoutai Temps
Pearly Gates
People Who Will Die Before Abe Vigoda
Rotting Kanzlerin
Say Hi To Uncle George
Tango Uniform
Tentoesup
Tick Tock
Today Is A Good Day To Die!
Trojan Hearse
When You've Gotta Go, You've Gotta Go
Where's My Damn List?
Wrong But Right 2014
You Ain't Seen Me, Right?
ZZ Topped
No offence but... hahahaha. (im only jokin I love you all especially Trojan Hearse the nutter)
  • Like 2

Team's in. No Schumacher. Also dropped Jim Bamber, even though I partly think that might be a OoO double (treble?) cross to keep him for himself. No Clive James. A wrestler for my main team, because I know how much TMIB loves writing entries for them. Even picked someone over the age of 100. Let's see how this all works out.

A wrestler, likely to get an obit, who is ill? Colour me intrigued.
It's not Tom Billington, fwiw. They're not WWE Hall of Famers but they'd probably enter as a third/fourth-tier entry in the next five years. May even get next year's HoF if the cark it before then.
Poor Moondog/Buschwhacker/X Pac or Bobby Eaton :scratchhead:
I was gonna say "Come on there's no way they would put X-Pac in the Hall of Fame". But then reality leaped on me like a Bronco Buster.
X-Pac probably is a feasible WWE HoFer, they'll probably do a DX group induction in 2018/as soon as Chyna is dead. I mean, the WWE HoF has Koko B Ware in.

2018 may be a bit generous.

Chyna missed her match and was sent to the hospital at the last second for undisclosed reasons tonight.

SC

http://www.inquisitr.com/2658969/wwe-news-chyna-hospitalized-billy-gunn-saves-the-day/

PS posted here just to reboot 2014 DDP at a bad time of year and piss everyone off.