Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2014

So it only took 7 months and 6 days for me to a my first proper DDP hit.

Roger Dimmock, died May 6th this year, and appropriately enough for an ex-aviator, becomes a hit for my 'Roger and Out' theme team.

Better late than never...

Talking of which, the latest update is er, up!

I was planning to send an email explaining the process of running the DDP but the motherfucking bastard cunt Madasafish email kept time outing on me when I'm using the tablet, so it will have to wait...

LO fuckin L @ James Brady getting a "shocking death" bonus.... 33 years later.

Christ. I think I might pick Richie Edwards or Glenn Miller next year.

• Like 1

Congratulations to The Honey Trap who pick up, I would imagine, a fair shed load of points for Robin Williams. If he had done it tomorrow it would be even more.

Updated...

Congratulations, Deathray. It was about time you got points for other teams than the Centenarian one. :)

*Googles Chapman Pincher's age*

Ermm.... :ph34r:

• Like 1

Would this count for Alice Babs? http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b042zbxd

May 10, 2014:

"Alyn Shipton's selection of listeners' requests includes New Orleans jazz from Chris Barber and George Lewis, big band jazz from Stan Kenton and the small group of Teddy Wilson. He also recalls the work of the late Alice Babs with the Swe-Danes."

Hmmmm.....yeah!

• Like 1

Hmmmm.....yeah!

Wait........ doesn't it have to point out the person had died in 2014?

Is it really realistic that Alyn Shipton recalls Alice Babs' music WITHOUT mentioning that she died this year? The radio show episode is unavailable to me, but I'm positive that he did point it out.

Is it really realistic that Alyn Shipton recalls Alice Babs' music WITHOUT mentioning that she died this year? The radio show episode is unavailable to me, but I'm positive that he did point it out.

Okay, sorry. It's not available to us either, it was broadcast in May so it has "expired" from the iPlayer system. So we don't know for sure whether they did mention that do we? Although I have to concede they most likely did. Actually I'm not sure there's anything in the DDP rules that say it has to mention they died this year, I just thought I saw MIB say that somewhere once...

I was just trying to be an ass to the very last. :D

Good job, well done...................

:smiley_f::banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead::lol:

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/ryan_buell -Got bored and started checking through twitter to see how my picks where doing and found this:anyone perceive his latest tweet as overtly philosophical due to an impending death? and Kate Granger is "nearing the end" as her cancer has again progressed and she is riddled with infection https://twitter.com/GrangerKate

Guest Carl Rae Jepsen

Needs the co.uk url to count

Like he said...

Congratulations, Deathray. It was about time you got points for other teams than the Centenarian one. :)

*Googles Chapman Pincher's age*

Ermm.... :ph34r:

He was a nonogenarian when I picked him.

Latest pages are up...

Cheers. I was a bit surprised to see your write-up for Robin Williams didn't mention how much of a shock his death was. Okay some people were well aware of his drink and drug problems (I wasn't, or at least I didn't think they were still ongoing and recent). However no-one thought Mr Funnyman would do anything like that.

Sorry to whine but I just thought I'd point it out, we have come to expect a high standard from you and I think you omitted something a little bit there. Just trying to help you go out more like Alain Prost than Mark Webber, that's all!

My only regret about the Williams obit is that I didn't mention that he did make a few stinkers as well. Not one of my better ones I must admit...

"Under current rules it counts and provides a welcome 5 points for the pair of teams who picked her".

Finally, thanks! No more sleepless nights crying rivers. And no more tauntings from Arthur! ;)

Although it would've been much better if she had been a unique pick but oh well...