Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2014

Latest pages are up. Time to start thinking of 2015, boys and girls it's all over for this year!

Oh come on that's like telling the kids in November Christmas is gonna be shit this year cause we got no money, or telling them Santa isn't real. Haven't you ever heard of humouring...? :(

I wouldn't say the year is dead and buried just yet, and that's not just poncey fake modesty. Kate Granger and Clive James are on the clock and if they both drop before the Times Square ball then Drunkasaskunk pulls level with me.

I wouldn't say the year is dead and buried just yet, and that's not just poncey fake modesty from me. Kate Granger and Clive James are both on the clock and if they both drop before the Times Square ball then Drunkasaskunk pulls level with me.

That's true, so don't buy the champers just yet...

I hope no-one was watching [CENSORED] yesterday cos [CENSORED] got briefly mentioned and I was hoping to have him/her as a unique next year... then again one of my uniques for this year got mentioned on TV news and no-one picked up on it so hey...

Also news of Peter Sutcliffe's heart attack has pissed me off more than it probably pissed of him. I was hoping I would be one of the few to pick him for 2015 and then bask in the "Kudos" or something when he snuffed it cos it seemed to have completely slipped everybody's attention how much of a sickly fatarse he's become over the last few years. :smiley_f:

The latest pages are up.

Guest Nigel

don'thavemyteamnowwillwebeabletosendthemthisweekend

don'thavemyteamnowwillwebeabletosendthemthisweekend

You've got till NYE...

Guest Dr_T

Hi All, I'm fairly new here but looking to submit a team or two for next year. The link to the rules and scoring page has closed. Can someone explain to me the Party Pooper bonus. Thanks

Hi All, I'm fairly new here but looking to submit a team or two for next year. The link to the rules and scoring page has closed. Can someone explain to me the Party Pooper bonus. Thanks

Party pooper bonus is an extra 5 points if they die on their birthday or Xmas Day...

Out of interest if someone was born and died on Xmas day would the party pooper points double?

Out of interest if someone was born and died on Xmas day would the party pooper points double?

Are you thinking Stuart Hall.......

Good point Oc. I'm not sure why I didn't give the points bonus. Perhaps it was the time factor (18 months between accident and death).

I'll cogitate on the legality of this and let you know soon...

EDIT: now I know why having fully woken up and this is an important point to bear in mind:

Friso wasn't awarded bonus unnatural points because the accident occurred in 2012 (February), a previous year of the competition. Now I am of the the belief that an unnatural points bonus is given because it is unexpected (Murder, fall, suicide etc). If Michael Shumacher dies tonight (before 23:00 GMT to be precise) if would have been as a result of a skiing accident that was totally unexpected and therefore Pass Me The Mike gets the points (Age (10) + Unique (3) + Unnatural (3) = 16 points).

Teams are coming in with the knowledge of Shumacher's accident/coma in much the same way Death Row prisoners were picked. Should Schumi make it to 2014 and then cark it, then it would have as a result of injuries sustained in the previous year of the competition. Of course the factor here is of time. Friso's accident was months before 2013 began, whereas with Schumacher, it is merely days.

I think it would go against the spirit of the game to awarded "bonus" points.

The only previous precedent in DDP history makes the same point. On 25th December 2007, boxer Yo-Sam Choi was injured and in a coma as a result of a fight. He died on 2nd January 2008 and no bonus points were awarded. (and you were in charge, Oc!)

So in summary, If Schumacher died before 23:00 GMT (00:00 local time) bonus points are awarded. After, they are not...

(bangs gavel) Case dismissed!

Therefore I should NOT have given extra bonus points for the chap shot by John Hinckley Jr. in 1981! :referee:

One of my drain-circlers has departed, but I am not over confident about a qualifying obit for Teresa Sandeman-Charles.

https://www.facebook...o&tab=page_info

I bet you get the obituary but my guess is not before 2015 starts. If this had happened in March or something her campaign would have bashed a press release out asap. You might get lucky with BBC local news though...

I bet you get the obituary but my guess is not before 2015 starts. If this had happened in March or something her campaign would have bashed a press release out asap. You might get lucky with BBC local news though...

I assume that the WORLD FAMOUS Herts and Essex Observer doesn't count then :angel3:

WOO HOO ! ! ! !

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/update/2014-12-18/teresas-dying-wish-to-get-more-people-on-the-organ-donor-register/

That should make the next couple of weeks interesting...

Can someone help me out here? I'm trying to figure out whether or not I should be satisfied with this year's competition.

Stats:

2013:

Final position = 110

Amount of hits = 8

Total points = 43

2014:

Current position = 96

Amount of hits = 5

Total points = 29

As you can see, I had way more scores and hits last year, YET I'm higher on the scoreboard than I was last year. Why is that? Should I be proud or disappointed?

Regards,

Confused Predictor.

Can someone help me out here? I'm trying to figure out whether or not I should be satisfied with this year's competition.

Stats:

2013:

Final position = 110

Amount of hits = 8

Total points = 43

2014:

Current position = 96

Amount of hits = 5

Total points = 29

As you can see, I had way more scores and hits last year, YET I'm higher on the scoreboard than I was last year. Why is that? Should I be proud or disappointed?

Regards,

Confused Predictor.

Because........ more people had a shitter year this year than you? Jesus man even football fans could figure that one out. :)

Still you got more hits last year than I did in my first year so hey..... you win I guess

• Like 1