Dead Wait

Ideas And Possibilities For 2015

Really? I have just wiki'd him and unless this is a Scottish thing Big Country were much bigger than the Associates and he left before their only noteworthy hit.

The point about having more famous husbands is that although they were famous in their own right if they had not had such famous husbands their death would have been less noticiable in the media and as nobody had picked L'Wren in the DDP it goes to show suicides are hard to predict.

The list I would like to see is how many suicides have actually scored DDP points.

http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/general/stats_facts.html

Scroll down to the unnatural deaths section.

• Like 1

Really? I have just wiki'd him and unless this is a Scottish thing Big Country were much bigger than the Associates and he left before their only noteworthy hit.

The point about having more famous husbands is that although they were famous in their own right if they had not had such famous husbands their death would have been less noticiable in the media and as nobody had picked L'Wren in the DDP it goes to show suicides are hard to predict.

The list I would like to see is how many suicides have actually scored DDP points.

http://www.derbydead...tats_facts.html

Scroll down to the unnatural deaths section.

I was impessed that someone got Kevin McGhee.

Not sure that Sheldon Harnick, lyricist for Fiddler on the Roof, will be a good pick based on this BBC website piece but at 90 years old he must be worth a punt of someone's money.

There are only a small number of celebrities who commit suicide maybe 1 a year who would feature on this site. I am struggling to come up with more names than Kurt Cobain, Alexander McQueen, Mark Speight, Ian Curtis and Stuart Adamson. I am sure there are more but not that many so from a game playing point of view it would be better to focus on those with documented drug and alcohol problems rather than trying to spot the elusive suicide.

Billy Mackenzie

Isabella Blow

L'Wren Scott

Angela Scoular ............

OK two of those had me shrugging "who?" and the other two had more famous husbands. I don't think this invalidates my argument.

But we all like a good list.....

I think you'll find that they've all "featured on this site". Why would it matter if they had a more famous partner?

I am shocked that you had heard of Stuart Adamson but not Billy Mackenzie.

Yes, but what you said was:

"There are only a small number of celebrities who commit suicide maybe 1 a year who would feature on this site"

- and that is what I responded to.

Nothing to do with how famous they are in relation to anyone else, how predictable they might be, or whether they have been picked for the DDP.

Or whether you personally have heard of them. There are loads of people I've never heard of who get mentioned on here. Doesn't mean they're not famous to those who follow their sport, watch their TV programme, buy their products or whatever.

Oh, and The Associates had two hit singles (Club Country and Party Fears Two), both of which Billy Mackenzie sang on. I'm not aware that they ever had another lead singer?

Party Fears Two - great single, one of the best of the 1980s...

• Like 3

There are only a small number of celebrities who commit suicide maybe 1 a year who would feature on this site. I am struggling to come up with more names than Kurt Cobain, Alexander McQueen, Mark Speight, Ian Curtis and Stuart Adamson. I am sure there are more but not that many so from a game playing point of view it would be better to focus on those with documented drug and alcohol problems rather than trying to spot the elusive suicide.

Billy Mackenzie

Isabella Blow

L'Wren Scott

OK two of those had me shrugging "who?" and the other two had more famous husbands. I don't think this invalidates my argument.

I think you'll find that they've all "featured on this site". Why would it matter if they had a more famous partner?

"There are only a small number of celebrities who commit suicide maybe 1 a year who would feature on this site"

Nothing to do with how famous they are in relation to anyone else, how predictable they might be, or whether they have been picked for the DDP.

Or whether you personally have heard of them. There are loads of people I've never heard of who get mentioned on here. Doesn't mean they're not famous to those who follow their sport, watch their TV programme, buy their products or whatever.

Oh, and The Associates had two hit singles (Club Country and Party Fears Two), both of which Billy Mackenzie sang on. I'm not aware that they ever had another lead singer?

I stand corrected on Billy Mackenzie I misread his wiki article. I was thinking of Party Fears Two.

I wasn't trying to have an argument but this whole thing developed from the comment about whether theoretical potential suicides should be good picks for general deathlisting.

Looking at the list of unnatural deaths on the DDP website only 4 count as suicide and a couple of those were potential picks because of age &/or lifestyle.

I am rapidly having to reassess my idea of famous as nobody seems willing to publish an obit for Val Biro.

Old captain Beaky himself, Keith Michell , is now in his late 80's.

Anyone know what his health is like ?

Billy Mackenzie

Isabella Blow

L'Wren Scott

I stand corrected on Billy Mackenzie I misread his wiki article. I was thinking of Party Fears Two.

I wasn't trying to have an argument but this whole thing developed from the comment about whether theoretical potential suicides should be good picks for general deathlisting.

Looking at the list of unnatural deaths on the DDP website only 4 count as suicide and a couple of those were potential picks because of age &/or lifestyle.

I am rapidly having to reassess my idea of famous as nobody seems willing to publish an obit for Val Biro.

Re suicides and unnatural deaths along the same lines. Frankly, right to die campaigners are a way better pick in this department. Tony Nicklinson, for one, expiring very soon after being knocked back at a crucial stage of earning the right to arrange the end of his life. Most right to die cases are ill enough to be able to die – should they choose – within a very short time.

Guest The Cremator

Hello there,

First time putting my opinion up so here goes for 2015:

• Piet de Jong - on 3rd April 2015 - de Jong will be 100 - could we have a life time achievement for him atleast.
  • Former Prime Minister of Britain - John Major - He is getting older but wont slow down.
  • Terry Jones or John Cleese - After seeing them in "One Down, Five To Go" I won't be surprised if its only half living Monty Pythons.
  • Robert Mugabe is 91 next year
  • Former President of Israel, Shimon Peres.

Billy Mackenzie

Isabella Blow

L'Wren Scott

Look here

Anyone seen anything resembling a qualifying obit for Ronnie Masterson?

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2716571/Former-Radio-1-DJ-Chris-Denning-admits-29-sex-offences-against-boys-young-nine-1967-1984.html -Former Radio 1 DJ and prolific self confessed paedophile and alleged buggerer of children is in poor health with Parkinson's and diabetes and has admitted to 29 offences against young boys!A certain possibility for next year especially with him being on trial in a few months?

For those who are not enslaved by the capitalist system and have to put in the requisite 9 to 5 a good source of form studying is provided by the Daily Brum Soapfest on BBC that is Doctors.

A lot of older actors turn up in bit parts as patients and often in obituaries you may notice that actors last roles were in something like Doctors, Casualty, Holby City etc. When I did see an episode a while ago it had Sheila Reid in it who has recently been mentioned in the Sit com thread. I got confused thinking about Anne Reid but wiki soon put me right.

You will have to be very quick to check the credits though as they go through at an alarming rate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-28656050 -Bernie Eccleston appears to be morphing into an ompa lompa according to the final picture here ..Jaundice perhaps? Or maybe he has just been tangoed?

It's Judith Chalmers disease

A few people in this picture could be an idea for years to come

1407237801798_wps_4_Fifteen_of_the_original_R.jpg

Top row (l to r): Tony Blackburn (born 1943) Jimmy Young (born 1921) Robin Scott, Dave Cash (born 1942) Pete Brady (born 1942).

Middle row: Bob Holness, Terry Wogan (born 1938) Duncan Johnson (born 1938) Keith Skues (born 1939) Chris Denning (born 1941) Pete Myers.

Front row: Pete Murray (born 1925) Ed Stewart (born 1941) Pete Drummond (born 1943) Mike Ahern and John Peel

• Like 1

Some good ones there. Who has the best wig, JY or Tony Blackburn?

The strong possibilities for 2015 consideration have to be Pete Murray or Jimmy Young, although it would be sad to see either go.

Was it Pete Murray who knew that Auntie Val Singleton wasn't what we all thought or assumed about her

Top row (l to r): Tony Blackburn (born 1943) Jimmy Young (born 1921) Robin Scott, Dave Cash (born 1942) Pete Brady (born 1942).

Middle row: Bob Holness, Terry Wogan (born 1938) Duncan Johnson (born 1938) Keith Skues (born 1939) Chris Denning (born 1941) Pete Myers.

Front row: Pete Murray (born 1925) Ed Stewart (born 1941) Pete Drummond (born 1943) Mike Ahern and John Peel

Considering how ill Pete Murray looks in this picture and how long ago it must have been taken (John Peel is in it) I think Pete must be a serious contender for the future.

Considering how ill Pete Murray looks in this picture and how long ago it must have been taken (John Peel is in it) I think Pete must be a serious contender for the future.

This is from 1997 according to the DM. Murray's been on my DDP team for a few years now (as has JY.) which has no doubt contributed to his longevity. Note that DDP has him listed as born in 1928, 3 years younger than other sources.

Chris Denning, given recent and forthcoming events, has to be considered. What is he, 73 and will be definitely be doing time. My guess would be a 10 year stretch so could he last that long

The daughter of Sir John Betjeman, Candida Lycett Green, is dying from pancreatic cancer

The daughter of Sir John Betjeman, Candida Lycett Green, is dying from pancreatic cancer

Link

Former Deathlist pick and utterly unpronounceable Thai King reminds folk of his health by going back into hospital.

Former Deathlist pick and utterly unpronounceable Thai King reminds folk of his health by going back into hospital.

Still more pronounceable than the coup leader's name.

Link

Nice one, obitable but - according to her own words - "near the end of the road." Which presumably means the car is well and truly parked by 31 December.

Link

Nice one, obitable but - according to her own words - "near the end of the road." Which presumably means the car is well and truly parked by 31 December.

Has a touch of the Philip Gould to it, yes, but you never know...