Jump to content
Dr. Zorders

Stupid/funny/cool/outrageous/scary/weird/crazy Stuff You Read/saw In The News/on The Internet

Recommended Posts

Our local newspaper  (I use the term loosely) is liveblogging about McDonald's drive-throughs being open.

 

Kill me now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

baldan will be joining us shortly

 

 

 

Yet Another Finnish Bachelor Party - Drive on the Left

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, we’re all dead now: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/06/2020 at 15:58, Joey Russ said:

Welp, we’re all dead now: 

 

 

 

people often think of the statue of liberty surviving into post apocalyptic world but its not a solid metal its a thin layer of copper and probably would not last that long into post apocalyptic world

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, runebomme said:

 

 

people often think of the statue of liberty surviving into post apocalyptic world but its not a solid metal its a thin layer of copper and probably would not last that long into post apocalyptic world

So, it would probably fall over then if, say, a plane or two flew into it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lard Bazaar said:

So, it would probably fall over then if, say, a plane or two flew into it?

would not everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, runebomme said:

would not everything

Ayers Rock wouldn’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Ayers Rock wouldn’t.

It would do more than that if they carried nukes

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New York Times issues correction after it erroneously implied that British people "flocked to swamps" during lockdown.

 

Quote

 

Correction: June 29, 2020

An earlier version of this article referred incorrectly to one of the areas where crowds had formed during a recent heatwave. People flocked to parks, beaches and streams, not swamps

 

  • Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Social distancing guidelines after your eighth pint:
 

EE0DE5C8-C207-4D7F-9751-629377528C9F.thumb.jpeg.3aa2221b682524f9d78689fdaf97d568.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Please advise:
 

6E60C7F6-C813-40A7-8CC7-846046DA2207.thumb.jpeg.47964ae52fe00cba455817dc50515a07.jpeg

 

As for the first option, does it not depend on the number of fucks?

If a singular fuck, it would be "for fuck's sake".

If more than one fuck, then "for fucks' sake".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Toast said:

 

As for the first option, does it not depend on the number of fucks?

If a singular fuck, it would be "for fuck's sake".

If more than one fuck, then "for fucks' sake".


But then is ‘Fuck’ is a noun, for example instead of ‘God’, meaning it’d be “For Fuck’s sake” capitalised?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughter just sent me that and this was my response ‘It’s actually ‘for fuck’s sake’ - for the sake of fuck - the sake belongs to fuck so there needs to be a possessive apostrophe‘.  Interesting how we all interpret this differently.  Of course for quickness it’s FUCKSAKE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:


But then is ‘Fuck’ is a noun, for example instead of ‘God’, meaning it’d be “For Fuck’s sake” capitalised?

 

It could be a noun, but it would only need to be capitalised if it were a proper noun.

Unless it's German.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

My daughter just sent me that and this was my response ‘It’s actually ‘for fuck’s sake’ - for the sake of fuck - the sake belongs to fuck so there needs to be a possessive apostrophe‘.  Interesting how we all interpret this differently.  Of course for quickness it’s FUCKSAKE.

FUXAKE! (agreed with everything else though).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Toast said:

Unless it's German

Which got me to wondering, as one does. But of course google translate was as much use as a chocolate fireguard in this respect, unsurprisingly

I know just enough German (and certainly that word) to know what it tried to do to me.

 

Fick you google translate, if there actually is a himmel I pray you're not in it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Which got me to wondering, as one does. But of course google translate was as much use as a chocolate fireguard in this respect, unsurprisingly

I know just enough German (and certainly that word) to know what it tried to do to me.

 

Fick you google translate, if there actually is a himmel I pray you're not in it.


Putting my A* German GCSE from almost a decade ago to use, I believe they say ‘verdammt noch mal’, basically ‘damn it all’ more often, though our German users may well correct me here. They’re just too fucking polite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use